BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Parents Appreciation Thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Jul 29 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Who here loves their mum and dad!? biggrin.gif

I do, after all they gave me life, a home and have supported me for many years! heart.gif

Tell me an interesting fact about your parents. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 29 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I've always been curious to know what my dad was like. He could have easily been like me. That would also explain why he didn't stick around. Hmm.

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Jul 29 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Lost my dad in 2001 and mum last year and really miss them both, especially my mum whom I could talk to about absolutely anything and she was my best friend too.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 29 2017, 08:00 AM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

My mum and dad are the absolute best tbh. They've always been there to support me through all the tough stuff and have helped me out a lot financially particularly when I was at uni. They've always been firm but fair. I never went through a rebellious phase with them because they'd allow me to go out with my mates as long as I told them where I was going and who I was going with. Was quite funny when my sister tried to be a teenage tearaway and just couldn't. I've always respected my parents because they encouraged us to do what we wanted with our lives. My mum's parents were very controlling and made her do a levels and a degree she didn't want to do so I guess that's why she's always been so supportive.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 29 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I adore my parents! Both very caring, lovely and funny people who have always been there for me and my brother whenever we have needed it. Of course we'll clash from time to time but that is only natural. I shall be eternally grateful for how good an upbringing I've had.

Interesting facts, well my dad was extremely good at triple jump when he was younger and I think he wanted to take it on further (like, Olympic level) but his dreams were dashed a bit after he had an injury. My mum has then been to a LOT of cool concerts in her lifetime including seeing Michael Jackson back in the day *.*

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jul 29 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #6
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

mine can choke

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post Jul 29 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #7
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

My dad's a grumpy, miserable old cuss, and we tolerate each other....he always sticks his nose in stuff not addressed to him, like my mail, and has the penchant for pressing every button on the cordless telephone here or on the remote for the telly in my room...

My mum is a right absolute gem, although there have been times where I've left her shattered, but, we get along famously....I can't get away with anything around her, as she has a way of making me feel guilty if I try to pull anything off or hide anything from her....so, as a result, I just come clean with her up front....

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 30 2017, 10:38 AM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

My parental units are fab. Sure I'm sarcastic when my mother asks completely daft questions but I do love em to bits. My sister and I have never really wanted for anything and they're super supportive of us and our ambitions.

As for random fact. My parents were both really good runners back in the day making me the only non-runner in the household.

+Quote Post
Buttered Muffin
post Jul 30 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #9
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

That Spice Gurls RELEVANCE!

I have been watching Fairly Odd Parents recently again on YT as I got too old for it near the end, so I never knew they had a dog etc.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Jul 30 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #10
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Total daddies girl. My mother drives me up the wall. Fairly sure she's got some kinda dementia coming... that would be the only explanation for the way she acts sometimes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 12:57 PM