BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 30 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Hey!

So, this is just a quick post to let y’all know that I am taking what I’m calling a mental health month away from the site for the duration of August.

Without going into details, it’s been clear for a while now, and I should have done this a long time ago, but I need a break. I know I haven’t been a lounge mod for very long but in the time that I have been I’ve had a hand in hosting so many things and don’t get me wrong, I love it but I’ve reached a point where I’m just completely drained and not excited to get stuck into the next big event, actually I lowkey dread it and I’ve been struggling to kinda get out of my head when I come faced with an issue lately. I’m someone that puts their whole self into everything they do and that often ends up blowing up in my face laugh.gif I know at the end of the day “it’s just a site” but y’all are all real people, who I'm actually friends with (for the most part wink.gif) so I can’t help but get invested in things. I love this community so much and without sounding soppy etc, I just want to do a good job as a moderator and make the lounge a place where you all want to hang out. I won't lie, a lot of you were overly critical of some of the lounge mods between the feedback forms, teams and the rate and I felt like I got the brunt of a lot of people's frustrations where I perhaps shouldn’t have. I don’t take things lightly, especially when people bring my character into question or say I’m solely responsible for them feeling a certain way. Of course that’s only partly why I’m making the decision to step down as a moderator for the month. Again, I don’t want to go into details but I’m just not in the right head space to do what I feel I should be doing as a moderator right now and I need some time away from BuzzJack to just re-collect myself so I can come back fresh and hopefully with a more positive and motivated outlook. I’ve had this break planned for a while now, and I have been counting the days until I can jump ship for a bit tbh. I’ve considered stepping back before but there’s always been something happening that I feel I’m needed for and I don’t want to leave my co-mods in the lurch or let them down which is why I’ve never seen it through until now.

So, my solution to that is to have someone fill in for me temporarily. I feel so much better about abandoning y’all for a bit knowing there’s someone there to pick up where I left off. That someone is going to be Burbe! cheer.gif It was a no brainer that he should be the one cover me as a mod, as I’m sure you guys will agree. I’m actually so looking forward to seeing what he’ll do with the place as I know he’s got a few things up his sleeve. I promise you’ll be in good hands kink.gif

Thank you to the management team for allowing this to happen, it means a lot to know I've got the support of you guys and of course my co-mods in taking some time off. I really need it and I don't think I'd be able to stay away if Ben wasn't filling in for me :') That’s all I wanted to say really! Welcome to the Lounge mod team Ben TEMPORARILY!!! And I’ll see y’all in September angel.gif

Side note: I’ll still be voting in BJSC/Reviewing in CD Swap as those are commitments I made before posting this but I’m not going to be posting at all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 30 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Hope this general break does a world of good for you Lindsey! Enjoy your August and I'll look forward to working with you again in September <3

For the meantime welcome on board Ben! *.*

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jul 30 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Hope you enjoy your break Lindsey and I hope the break will do you good. See you in September, I am sure Burbe will do amazing in filling in for you.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 30 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

K

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jul 30 2017, 11:59 PM
Post #5
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Bye

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Jul 31 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I hope this break will be fruitful for you Lindsey (and as much as I look forward to burbe being a comod for the next month I do hope you are back in full force for September having not been a Lounge mod for too long!)

hi.gif Ben x

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jul 31 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
   No Gallery Pics

commode?

+Quote Post
Northside Hisser
post Jul 31 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #8
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Lounge mod life can be hectic, the amount of events there are a lot. I am looking forward to seeing posts from the new refreshed Lindsey, I am hoping you will change your username more often when you come back to the Buzz!

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jul 31 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #9
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
   No Gallery Pics

i'll miss you kinda

+Quote Post
Northside Hisser
post Jul 31 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #10
Hiss Hiss Bish.
   No Gallery Pics

What does BRB stand for, plus are you still taking part in this BJSC with voting and everything?

EDIT Is Lindsey even in this BJSC? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Slitherhisser: Jul 31 2017, 12:57 AM

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post Jul 31 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #11
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Slitherhisser @ Jul 30 2017, 08:51 PM) *
What does BRB stand for, plus are you still taking part in this BJSC with voting and everything?

If this old bodger understands rightly, BRB stands for be right back....and I may very well be mistaken...

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 31 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #12
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Slitherhisser @ Jul 31 2017, 01:51 AM) *

Yea it's Be Right Back laugh.gif

And yes, I put a side note at the bottom of my first post, I'm in bjsc currently so will still vote in it

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Jul 31 2017, 06:18 AM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I hope you get the recharge you want on this month off! See you in Sept!!

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 31 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #14
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

It does us all good to have a break from time to time!

Good luck burbe with your taste of power tongue.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 31 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Best of luck Lindsey, everyone needs a break from things every now and then. It's why I love my long 6 week holiday from work.

+Quote Post
Northside Hisser
post Jul 31 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #16
Hiss Hiss Bish.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅs. @ Jul 31 2017, 02:19 AM) *
Yea it's Be Right Back laugh.gif

Love the double meaning, as Brb sounds like it is also short for Burbe who is filling in for you! I actually thought this thread was about Burbe before I clicked on it, like a 'things you like about Burbe thread!'.

+Quote Post
Northside Hisser
post Jul 31 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #17
Hiss Hiss Bish.
   No Gallery Pics

ohmy.gif at RosaParksMyCars username!

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 31 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #18
Get Free.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Much love. <3

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 31 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #19
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Does Lindsey have to come back sad.gif

In seriousness, a well deserved break for her. Enjoy <3

+Quote Post
Jacřb
post Jul 31 2017, 01:20 PM
Post #20
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Enjoy your break Lindsey! heart.gif

And I guess Burbe's an ok replacement for now. Also if anyone's wondering I'm now temporarily taking up Lindsey's Rock and Indie mod position (I have powers and things) so that's not left unattended as well!

Of course the best thing about this is I don't have to deal with that pesky edit line yasss. happy.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 04:53 PM