BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quirks
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
burbe
post Jul 31 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #1
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone has a quirk about them, whether physical, verbal or through mannerisms.

What's yours?

I'll start off by sharing a couple of my mannerism quirks: I always push my finger against one particular tooth when I'm thinking. I can't help it, it's a quirky habit I've picked up which stemmed from the fact it's my only out of place tooth so feels like a natural resting point. One that my sister has picked up recently is my subtle way of scratching my head while also playing with my hair. It's both fun and practical magic.gif and I do it A LOT.

Please share your uniqueness with us all <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 31 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

If I'm excited, I rub my hands together.

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 31 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #3
Moana Lisa
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Just in general, I tend to have unique perspectives on things which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm still learning to accept and embrace this as I don't like feeling misunderstood. I guess sometimes it makes me have some good ideas though which is nice.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 31 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Also a tooth fiddler :') basically I massage the gum of my lower right molar from the outside of my mouth by pushing with the joint on my thumb. I got told to do this once by a dentist when I was having problems with that tooth but now I just do it naturally a lot of the time. Other tooth habit is I flick my tongue against my fixed wire retainer and it kinda makes a clicky sound

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 31 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #5
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Jul 31 2017, 11:38 PM) *
Also a tooth fiddler :') basically I massage the gum of my lower right molar from the outside of my mouth by pushing with the joint on my thumb. I got told to do this once by a dentist when I was having problems with that tooth but now I just do it naturally a lot of the time. Other tooth habit is I flick my tongue against my fixed wire retainer and it kinda makes a clicky sound

I also push my tongue against my retainer :') Stop copying me :')

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 31 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know if I have mannerism quirks but I probably do just down to being 100% awkward, I just haven't realised laugh.gif I do play with my hair a lot though, I do this thing with my fringe where I'll like brush it back with my fingers then sorta push it over my forehead more, idk how to explain it laugh.gif

I feel like people who know me would be able to answer on my behalf better

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 31 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #7
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 31 2017, 10:20 PM) *
If I'm excited, I rub my hands together.
I haven't done this for years
QUOTE(M. @ Jul 31 2017, 10:26 PM) *
Just in general, I tend to have unique perspectives on things which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm still learning to accept and embrace this as I don't like feeling misunderstood. I guess sometimes it makes me have some good ideas though which is nice.
Mattias plagiarising my mind again mad.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 31 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Sometimes I get slightly nervous when ordering food at restaurants (mainly if it's something awkward due to my fussiness), so I'll often accompany my speech with loads of OTT hand gestures without even noticing laugh.gif then as soon as we've finished ordering my brother will make fun of me for it, he mimics what I say and the way I expressed it every time! Siblings eh x

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 31 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #9
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Houdini's Whore :') :')

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 31 2017, 11:48 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Spynz Munich @ Aug 1 2017, 12:46 AM) *
Houdini's Whore :') :')

That is me being a good sport in BJBB. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 1 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #11
Get Free.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

I make this face any time someone says they are a Republican.

To the point where my grandma said "oh he's gone X Factor Britney on you" at my last family reunion, when my uncle tried to tell me how gay marriage opened the gates for this "trans nonsense". And she even went through the trouble of saving it on her phone and sending it to me whenever she isn't fond of an opinion or idea of mine.

Now y'all know why I move to Colorado during Winter / Mass Holiday gatherings season.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 1 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #12
Get Free.

Also; Britney.

Even though that's very tame in comparison to me pre 2014ish. I almost feel like Britney not releasing stuff as often anymore is what has gotten me into other genres of music. Because I'm turning into Mikey when it comes to idolizing pop music you grew up with (and nothing after!!!).

I think Mikey might be God tho, tbh. Bookmark me. Talk about a TWIST.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 1 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #13
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Omg family gatherings are awful, the conversation at mine usually revolves around how "foreigners are stealing all our jobs"

Why is this the built in mind set for so much of the older generation??? it actually pains me. Even in work literally everyone I work with has made comments about how it's always "the foreigners" who buy all the reduced stuff, like do they not consider that they could have come here with not a penny to their name, got a job that pays ridiculously low so can't afford full priced food because they don't share the same privilege a lot of us do???

Oh that took a turn

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 1 2017, 04:15 AM
Post #14
Get Free.

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅs. @ Jul 31 2017, 08:44 PM) *
Omg family gatherings are awful, the conversation at mine usually revolves around how "foreigners are stealing all our jobs"

Why is this the built in mind set for so much of the older generation??? it actually pains me. Even in work literally everyone I work with has made comments about how it's always "the foreigners" who buy all the reduced stuff, like do they not consider that they could have come here with not a penny to their name, got a job that pays ridiculously low so can't afford full priced food because they don't share the same privilege a lot of us do???

Oh that took a turn

Lmao is at least a little hush in public for the most part. Trump being elected has given ignorant redneck conservatives a massive increase in volume. I literally yelled at a woman in Walmart for saying "This is America and I can't understand you!?". Like it was the f***ing cleaning lady for Christs Sake. I noticed her shirt announcing she was the leader of some sort in a local church. I proceeded to ask her when she thought Jesus was rude to someone for having a middle eastern accent. I then assumed her ignorance and reminded her that Jesus was a brown middle eastern refugee. Dumb bitch. f***ing majority's man.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 1 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

!!!!!!!

Jade that name change!

+Quote Post
Saenerys
post Aug 3 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #16
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I do this annoying finger through my hair sweeping it from one side to the next when it's not really necessary. I also push my glasses up when they're firmly on my nose anyway which is my most annoying quirk, I find it annoys myself!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 02:28 AM