BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Songs that mention a specific age
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Emily Haines
post Aug 2 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #1
Gunshot Glitter™
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

So I have a strange fascination with songs that mention my age in them. Over the years, it’s the only tradition I’ve really done when I get a year older. I thought we could create a definitive list of songs which specifically mention an age or ages. I’m aware that sometimes age is stated just in the title and not the lyrics. If that’s the case, I’ll add them to a separate list. I’ve mentioned a few below and I’ll update this post with any suggestions from you lovely people.

Age in Lyrics

Brotherhood of Man - Save Your Kisses For Me || "Won't you save them for me, even though you're only three."
Animal Collective - Alvin Row || "Baby in your cradle look at me, Baby speak in rhythms now you're three.”

Cher – Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down || “I was five and he was six, we rode on horses made of sticks.”
Jens Lekman - Wedding in Finistère || “A scared little five year old watching the ten year olds shoplifting.”
Animal Collective - Alvin Row || "Ride your German Shepherd 'till you're five, Baby think the TV is alive."
SMILO - Young Again || “I just want to feel like I'm five years old and free.”

Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill || "When I was six years old I broke my leg."
John Mayer - 83 || "I wish I was six again. Oh make me a red cape, I wanna be Superman."
Neil Sedaka – Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen || “When you were only six, I was your big brother.”
Cher – Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down || “I was five and he was six, we rode on horses made of sticks.”
Eminem – Stan || "But you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew - that's my little brother, man, he's only six years old."
Lianne La Havas – Green and Gold || “Six years old, staring at my nose in the mirror.”
Carrie Underwood – Temporary Home || “Little boy six years old, a little too used to being alone.”

Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Once I was seven years old, my mama told me 'Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely.'"
Sugababes – Ugly || “When I was seven, they said I was strange.”
Delta Goodrem – Innocent Eyes || “Do you remember when you were seven?”

T. Rex – Cosmic Dancer || “I was dancing when I was eight, is it strange to dance so late?”
Owl City – This Isn’t The End || “An eight year-old girl had a panic attack 'cause the father she loved left and never looked back.”

Frankie Grande – Queen || “When I was nine, I saw this awesome documentary.”
ABBA – Suzy Hang-A-Round || “Suzy was nine and I was ten, right at the time when boys like to think they're men.”

Neil Sedaka – Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen || “Then when you were ten, we didn’t like each other.”
Miranda Lambert – Me and Charlie Talking || “Charlie said he wanted to get married, but we were only ten so we had to wait.”
Alessia Cara – Seventeen || “And yeah I guess that sounded nice when I was ten.”
Jens Lekman - Wedding in Finistère || “A scared little five year old watching the ten year olds shoplifting, ten year old watching the fifteen year olds French kissing.”
ABBA – Suzy Hang-A-Round || “Suzy was nine and I was ten, right at the time when boys like to think they're men.”
Metric – IOU || “Every ten year-old enemy soldier thinks falling bombs are shooting stars sometimes but she doesn't make wishes on them.”
Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I'm fifteen for a moment, caught in between ten and twenty.”

Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Once I was eleven years old, my daddy told me 'Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely.'"

Thomas Dolby – Europa and The Pirate Twins || “I was fourteen, she was twelve.”
T. Rex – Cosmic Dancer || “I was dancing when I was twelve.”

Neil Sedaka – Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen || “When you were thirteen, you were my funny valentine.”
P!nk – Conversations With My 13 Year-Old Self || “You're the girl I used to be, you little heartbroken thirteen year old me.”
Girls Aloud – Why Do It || “At thirteen, you think it's cool to dress like your friends.”
Justin Bieber – Baby || “When I was thirteen, I had my first love.”
Sorority Noise – A Portrait Of || “Since I was thirteen I struggled with manic depression and I had a difficult time comprehending the things that I wanted to be.”
Animal Collective - Alvin Row || "Baby spend the night out you're thirteen.”
Alanis Morrisette - So Unsexy || “How these little abandonments seem to sting so easily. I'm thirteen again, am I thirteen for good?”

Thomas Dolby – Europa and The Pirate Twins || “I was fourteen, she was twelve.”
Avril Lavigne – Nobody’s Fool || “I might have fallen for that when I was fourteen and a little more green, but it's amazing what a couple of years can mean.”
Stars – 14 Forever || “I'm fourteen forever, if I make you believe.”
Los Campesinos! - The Sea Is A Good Place To Think About The Future || "At fourteen her mother died in a routine operation from an allergic reaction to a general anaesthetic.”

Taylor Swift - Fifteen || "'Cause when you're fifteen, somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them."
Shania Twain - I Ain't Goin' Down || "I had a baby at fifteen, daddy never did forgive me."
M83 – Graveyard Girl || “I’m fifteen years old and I feel it’s already too late to live.”
Girls Aloud – Why Do It || “By fifteen, you’re over it and smoking cigarettes.”
Depeche Mode – Little Fifteen || “Little fifteen, you help her forget the world outside.”
JP Cooper – September Song || “Time moves so slowly, when you’re only fifteen.”
John Newman – Tribute || “Fifteen, I had known to be, so confused, broken easily.”
Jens Lekman - Wedding in Finistère || “Ten year old watching the fifteen year olds French kissing, fifteen year old watching the twenty year olds chain-smoking.”
Los Campesinos! - I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed. Just So You Know || "I'm fifteen years old and my parents' only son."
Delta Goodrem – Innocent Eyes || “Do you remember when you were fifteen?”
Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I'm fifteen for a moment, caught in between ten and twenty.”

Blink-182 – Adam’s Song || “I never conquered, rarely came, sixteen just held such better days.”
Neil Sedaka – Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen || “Happy birthday sweet sixteen.”
The Indelicates – Sixteen || “We just wanna be sixteen, even though we're twenty-three.”
Christina Parie – 16 and Unstoppable || “Tearing down the street signs singing woah oh oh oh, sixteen and unstoppable.”
Rodgers & Hammerstein (The Sound Of Music) - Sixteen Going On Seventeen || “I am sixteen going on seventeen.”
Ruth Lorenzo – 99 || “It's like 1999 again, and we kiss like we're sixteen.”

Janis Ian - At Seventeen || "I learned the truth at seventeen that love was meant for beauty queens, and high school girls with clear skinned smiles who married young and then retired."
Marina & The Diamonds - Seventeen || "Could never tell you what happened the day I turned seventeen. The rise of a king and the fall of a queen, oh seventeen."
Krista Siegfrids - Seventeen || "Young and free, there's something in the air when you're seventeen."
Katie Melua - Closest Thing To Crazy || "This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been, feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen."
Bruce Springsteen - The River || "Me and Mary we met in high school when she was just seventeen."
Mina Viva - Left My Heart in Tokyo || "Seventeen and dumb, look at me, I know right from wrong."
Nerina Pallot – Everybody’s Gone To War || “I knew him well when he was seventeen, now he’s a man he’ll be dead by Christmas.”
Sugababes – Angels With Dirty Faces || “See I’m only seventeen, and I want to be mysterious.”
Eurythmics – 17 Again || “And it feels like I’m seventeen again.”
Mandy Moore – 17 || “ Save my best behaviour for a little later, ‘cause I’m only seventeen.”
Heaven 17 – Come Live With Me || “I was thirty-seven, you were seventeen.”
Alessia Cara – Seventeen || “I couldn't wait ‘til I could be seventeen.”
Metro Station – Seventeen Forever || “You won't be seventeen forever and we can get away with this tonight.”
ABBA – Dancing Queen || “You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen.”
Stray Cats – (She’s) Sexy + 17 || “Well, she's sexy and seventeen, my little rock n' roll queen.”
The Regents – 7teen || “Seventeen, and not yet a woman.”
Stevie Nicks – Edge of Seventeen || “But the moment that I first laid eyes on him, all alone on the edge of seventeen.”
Travis – Why Does It Always Rain On Me? || “Why does it always rain on me? Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?”
Ladytron – Seventeen || “They only want you when you're seventeen, when you're twenty-one, you're no fun.”
The Pigeon Detectives – Take Her Back || “He’s not sure what he should do, she’s seventeen, he’s twenty-two.”
Brand New – 1996 || “She was just seventeen, pious and pretty with a deadly disease.”
Rodgers & Hammerstein (The Sound Of Music) - Sixteen Going On Seventeen || “I am sixteen going on seventeen.”
Owen Pallett - E Is For The Estranged || “I saw my son at seventeen, the shutters made projections on his naked frame.”
Vampire Weekend - Giving Up The Gun || "When I was seventeen I had wrists like steel and I felt complete, and now my body fades behind a brass charade, and I'm obsolete."

Reba McEntire - Fancy || "I remember it all very well lookin' back, it was the summer I turned eighteen."
Suede - Heroine || "I'm aching to see my heroine, aching, been dying for hours and hours. I'm eighteen, I need my heroines."
One Direction - 18 || "I have loved you since we were eighteen.”
5 Seconds of Summer - 18 || "I'm not old enough for her, I'm just waiting ‘til I'm eighteen."
Christian TV – When She Turns 18 || “When she turns eighteen, she’ll finally be free to do what she wants to do.”
Daniela Brooker - Eighteen || "So baby let's forget what everybody has to say, cause we won't be eighteen one day."
Carrie Underwood – Just A Dream || “It was two weeks after the day she turned eighteen, all dressed in white going to the church that night.”
Carrie Underwood – Don’t Forget To Remember Me || “Eighteen years have come and gone.”
John Newman – Tribute || “Eighteen, you made me see, you lit the lights I’ve been dampening.”
Sorority Noise – A Portrait Of || “I was turning eighteen and I was doing everything I could to try to make myself feel better but I felt an absence, I felt like I needed to die.”
Brand New – Soco Amaretto Lime || “I'm gonna stay eighteen forever, so we can stay like this forever.”
Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved || “Beauty queen of only eighteen, she had some trouble with herself.”
Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen || “I'm eighteen and I don’t know what I want.”

Placebo – Special Needs || “Just nineteen and sucker’s dream, I guess I thought you had the flavour. Just nineteen and dream obscene, with six months off for bad behaviour.”
Lorde - Perfect Places || "I'm nineteen and I'm on fire."
Krista Siegfrids - Seventeen || "My boyfriend was nineteen, I am looking at a picture thinking of the past."
Paul Hardcastle - 19 || "In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was twenty-six. In Vietnam he was nineteen."
Bruce Springsteen - The River || "Then I got Mary pregnant and man that was all she wrote. And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat."
Arcade Fire – Reflektor || “We fell in love when I was nineteen, and I was staring at a screen.”
The Courteeners - Not Nineteen Forever || “"You're not nineteen forever, pull yourself together."
Frankmusik - In Step || “Such a pretty boy, only nineteen but now you’re twenty-three and it's all gone now.”

Neil Young – Sugar Mountain || “You can’t be twenty on Sugar Mountain, though you’re thinking that you’re leaving there too soon.”
Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Once I was twenty years old, my story got told before the morning sun, when life was lonely."
Jens Lekman - Wedding in Finistère || “Fifteen year old watching the twenty year olds chain-smoking, twenty year old watching the thirty year olds."
The Weeknd – Loft Music || “I promise you gon' see that I'm only f*cking twenty, girl.”

Dashboard Confessional – The Swiss Army Romance || “We're not twenty-one, but the sooner we are, the sooner the fun will begin."
Suede - Animal Nitrate || "What does it take to turn you on, on, now he has gone? Now you're over 21? Now your animal's gone?"
Hunter Hayes – 21 || “Gonna party like we just turned twenty-one.”
Ladytron – Seventeen || “They only want you when you're seventeen, when you're twenty-one, you're no fun.”
Mary Chapin-Carpenter – He Thinks He’ll Keep Her || “When she was twenty-one she wore her mother's lace, she said "forever" with a smile upon her face.”
The Weeknd – Gone || “"I'm only twenty-one so I do it when I wanna.”

Taylor Swift - 22 || "I don't know about you but I'm feeling twenty-two. Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you."
Lily Allen - 22 || "When she was twenty-two the future looked bright."
Paramore - Hello Cold World || "Twenty-two is like the worst idea that I've ever had."
Katie Melua - Closest Thing To Crazy || "This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been, feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen."
The Pigeon Detectives – Take Her Back || “He’s not sure what he should do, she’s seventeen, he’s twenty-two.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If we're both not married by twenty-two, could I be so bold and ask you?”
Baz Luhrmann – Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen) || “The most interesting people I know didn't know at twenty-two what they wanted to do with their lives.”
Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I'm twenty-two for a moment, she feels better than ever.”

Blink-182 – What’s My Age Again? || “Nobody likes you when you’re twenty-three.”
Jimmy Eat World – 23 || “Amazing still it seems, I’ll be twenty-three. I won’t always love what I’ll never have, I won’t always live in my regrets.”
Stereophonics – Local Boy in the Photograph || “He’ll always be twenty-three, yet the train runs on and on, past the place they found his clothing.”
Paramore - Tell Me It's Okay || "I think at twenty-three it's time to practice what I preach."
Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud || "And baby, my heart could still fall as hard at twenty-three."
McFly - Obviously || "She's got a boyfriend, he drives me round the bend cos he's twenty-three."
Lady Gaga – Grigio Girls || “I was twenty-three, she was thirty-five.”
Coolio ft. L.V - Gangsta's Paradise || “I'm twenty-three now, but will I live to see twenty-four, the way things are going I don't know.”
The Indelicates – Sixteen || “We just wanna be sixteen, even though we're twenty-three.”
Lianne La Havas – Green and Gold || “Thinking where am I gonna be if I'm ever twenty-three?”
John Newman – Tribute || “Twenty-three, now I’m taken in, this vicious world I was captured in.”
Frankmusik - In Step || “Such a pretty boy, only nineteen but now you’re twenty-three and it's all gone now.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If we're both not married by twenty-three, will you make my year, and ask me?”

Coolio ft. L.V - Gangsta's Paradise || “I'm twenty-three now, but will I live to see twenty-four, the way things are going I don't know.”
The Indelicates – Sixteen || “We just wanna be sixteen, even though we're twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If we're both not married by twenty-four, will you pass me those knee pads and I'll get on the floor.”

Snow Patrol – Chocolate || “With a name I’d never chosen, I can make my first steps, as a child of twenty-five.”
Bloc Party – Kreuzberg || “I, I have decided at twenty-five, something must change.”
The Indelicates – Sixteen || “We just wanna be sixteen, even though we're twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If we're both not married by twenty-five, I hope that there's some childish spark still alive.”
Owen Pallett - E Is For The Estranged || “And now at twenty-five, he simply cannot stay away from the ketamine."

Paul Hardcastle - 19 || "In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was twenty-six. In Vietnam he was nineteen."
Nine Inch Nails – Wish || “No new tale to tell, twenty-six years and on my way to hell.”

Faith Hill - The Lucky One || "Twenty-seven I thought I'd be further along than just this rented space."

The National – 29 Years || “You know I dreamed about you, I missed you for twenty-nine years. You know I dreamed about you, for twenty-nine years before I saw you.”
Lily Allen - 22 || "But she's nearly thirty now and she's out every night."
Mary Chapin-Carpenter – He Thinks He’ll Keep Her || “When she was twenty-nine she delivered number three, and every Christmas card showed a perfect family.”

Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Soon we'll be thirty years old, our songs have been sold, we've travelled around the world and we're still roaming."
Eminem – The Real Slim Shady || “It's funny; 'cause at the rate I'm going when I'm thirty, I'll be the only person in the nursing home flirting.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If I get to thirty and I don't have a wife, I'll ask you nicely but I won't ask twice.”
Jens Lekman - Wedding in Finistère || “Twenty year old watching the thirty year olds vanishing."
Hilltop Hoods – Clown Prince || “Man I'm smooth like, Marlon Brando at thirty.”

The Pigeon Detectives – Take Her Back || “So instead look what he's done, he's found a girl who's thirty-one.”
Los Campesinos! - 5 Flucloxacillin || "Thirty-one, and depression is a young man's game."

Taylor Swift – Innocent || “It's okay, life is a tough crowd, thirty-two, and still growin' up now.”

Busted – What I Go To School For || “So she may be thirty three, but that doesn't bother me.”
Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I'm thirty three for a moment, still the man, but you see I'm of age.”

Lady Gaga – Grigio Girls || “I was twenty-three, she was thirty-five.”
Eminem – My Name Is || “Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be thirty-five.”

Mary Chapin-Carpenter – He Thinks He’ll Keep Her || “When she was thirty-six she met him at their door, she said I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore.”

Heaven 17 – Come Live With Me || “I was thirty-seven, you were seventeen.”

Dido – See You When You’re 40 || “So see you when you’re forty, lost and all alone.”
Slow Club – When I Go || “If I get to forty and I don't have a spouse, I'll fashion you a letter and I'll send it to your house.”
Baz Luhrmann – Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen) || “Maybe you’ll divorce at forty.”

Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I'm forty five for a moment. The sea is high and I’m heading into a crisis.”

Hilltop Hoods – Clown Prince || “At my peak like, Marlon Brando at fifty.”

Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Soon I'll be sixty years old, will I think the world is cold or will I have a lot of children who can warm me?"
Slow Club – When I Go || “If I get to sixty will you let me slip away, into an armchair for the rest of my days.”

Lukas Graham - 7 Years || "Soon I'll be sixty years old, my daddy got sixty-one. Remember life, and then your life becomes a better one."

The Beatles – When I’m 64 || “Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m sixty-four?”

Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “Another blink of an eye, sixty-seven is gone.”

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud || "And darling, I will be loving you 'til we're seventy."
Hilltop Hoods – Clown Prince || “And I'm fat like, Marlon Brando at seventy”

Alanis Morissette – Ironic || “An old man turned ninety-eight, he won the lottery and died the next day.”

Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “I’m ninety-nine for a moment, dying for just another moment.”

Five for Fighting – 100 Years || “Hey fifteen, there's never a wish better than this when you only got hundred years to live.”

Age in Song Title

Broken Social Scene - Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl

The Tough Alliance - 25 Years and Running

Paramore – 26

Biffy Clyro - 27

This post has been edited by Emily Haines: Aug 31 2017, 07:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #2
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Taylor Swift - 22
Janis Ian - At Seventeen

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Aug 2 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 2 2017, 07:32 PM) *
Taylor Swift - 22

Taylor also has Fifteen!

Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill || "when I was six years old I broke my leg"

And of course the plethora of ages mentioned in Lukas Graham's 7 Years - 7, 11 and 20 in the past, 30 and 60 in the future!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 2 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Lily Allen also has a song called 22! Taylor Snake strikes again

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 2 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #5
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Faith Hill - The Lucky One "Twenty-seven and i thought i'd be further along, Than just this rented space"
John Mayer - 83 "well these days I wish I was 6 again Oh make me a red cape I wanna be Superman"
Shania Twain - I Ain't Goin' Down "I had a baby at fifteen, Daddy never did forgive me"

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 2 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

"22 is like the worst idea I've ever had" Hello Cold World by Paramore
"I think by 23 it's time to practice what I preach" Tell Me It's Okay by Paramore
then paramore also have a song called 26

that's just off the top of my head atm

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 2 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Lorde - 'Perfect Places': the "I'm 19 and I'm on fire" line. My age for another 2 days laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 2 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #8
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Marina and the diamonds - seventeen.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Aug 2 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #9
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

You guys are good at this! I shall update the first post. happy.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 2 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #10
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Aug 2 2017, 07:38 PM) *
Taylor also has Fifteen!

Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill || "when I was six years old I broke my leg"

And of course the plethora of ages mentioned in Lukas Graham's 7 Years - 7, 11 and 20 in the past, 30 and 60 in the future!
As well as the, pessimistic #couplegoals of loving his significant other until 70 laugh.gif (Thinking Out Loud)

Jason Derulo - Marry Me mentions being with his significant other for 105 years, but that doesn't TECHNICALLY mention his age kink.gif

This post has been edited by Spynz Munich: Aug 2 2017, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 2 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #11
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

My favorite is the one by Britney where she sings about her favorite ages of babies.

3 is a charm, 2 is not the same. The shade.
Everybody loves counting! The focus on America's lack luster display of public education in pre schools.
If you don't like the company, let's just do it you and me. f*** sharing. Right?

Britney for president.

If they bought Trump's bullshit I'm sure I could convince them of this. Oh wait I forgot about the vagina. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Fancy by Reba McEntire (well, Bobbie Gentry but Reba owns it)

"I remember it all very well looking back it was the summer I turned eighteen"

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Aug 2 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #13
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bairlas @ Aug 2 2017, 07:39 PM) *
Lily Allen also has a song called 22! Taylor Snake strikes again

Also added this song under the 29 bracket as it mentions being nearly 30.

+Quote Post
Good Old Days
post Aug 2 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #14
YVA # 1 fan
Member No.: 28,104
   No Gallery Pics

Krista Siegfrids - Seventeen

"Young and free, there's something in the air, when you're seventeen"

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Aug 2 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #15
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Double whammy for this thread: what about Katie Melua? 'The Closest Thing to Crazy' has the famous line 'Feeling 22, acting 17' smile.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Aug 2 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 26
In Vietnam he was 19

19 - Paul Hardcastle

What does it take to turn you on, on,
Now he has gone?
Now you're over 21?
Now your animal's gone?

Animal Nitrate - Suede

Won't You save them for me
Even though you're only three...

Save Your Kises For Me - Brotherhood Of Man

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Aug 2 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #17
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Oh also just thought of another one: McFly - 'Obviously' with the line 'She's got a boyfriend, he drives me round the bend / Cause he's 23, he's in the Marines, he'd kill me'.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Aug 2 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I learned the truth at seventeen
That love was meant for beauty queens

At Seventeen - Janis Ian

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Aug 2 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Me and Mary we met in high school
when she was just seventeen

The River - Bruce Springsteen

Then I got Mary pregnant
and man that was all she wrote
And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat

The River - Bruce Springsteen

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Aug 2 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #20
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

"I'm aching to see my heroine
Aching, been dying for hours and hours
I'm 18, I need my heroines"

Suede, "Heroine"

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 04:41 AM