BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Q4 2017, what should the girls do?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephStyles
post Aug 6 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #1
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

As we all know, the girls are on tour throughout Q4 as they continue to promote the Glory Days album. But the question is, will they be releasing anything during that time? 2012, 13, 15 and 16 have seen them land X Factor performances for new material while they took 2014 off.

A few potential options for what they might do:

- Not release anything new. Just let the Glory Days album sell while they're on tour but otherwise, work on new material for album 5 to be released in 2018.
- Release a fifth single from Glory Days.
- Re-release the album, with a brand new killer smash hit single and X Factor performance plus a few new songs.
- Start a brand new era??
- A Greatest Hits album

Personally I'd love a re-issue at this point. I think it's too early for a fifth album, considering Power is going to be charting for a little while still, and it'd be odd for them to tour album 4 while promoting album 5. A re-issue wouldn't feel so weird, and would keep their presence in the charts high over the huge-selling Q4 period with a brand new single and a reason for the diehard fans to buy the album again. It makes the most sense I'd say!

In terms of a fifth single from the existing album, I'm not quite sure what they'd go for at this point. Oops is the only hit left I'd say and even then, that's already a 200k+ seller and I'm not sure if it would catch on so long after its initial impact. A new song would be a safer choice I guess!

Please share your thoughts!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shindymindy
post Aug 6 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,021
   No Gallery Pics

A re-release makes more sense to me too

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Aug 7 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I agree with you on pretty much all counts. The remainder of the album doesn't come close to the four singles we've gotten quality-wise, and nothing is really crying to be released (unlike say, the majority of the 'Salute' album...). A re-release seems the best option to keep their name out there and perhaps push the album towards triple platinum. I'd really love another MNEK produced banger to kick it off.

Edit: I've mentioned this before, but I wouldn't be opposed to them featuring on another artist's track. I don't imagine that's particularly likely though given that they're a pop group.

This post has been edited by Defaze: Aug 7 2017, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post
Jamesy
post Aug 7 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #4
Without any meaning, we're just skin and bone.
Member No.: 3,033
   No Gallery Pics

I think it's quite telling that all their extra Glory Days tour dates were added at the beginning of the original tour dates, rather than the end. For that reason I have a feeling we should expect something on Friday December 1st...

+Quote Post
BigMixer
post Aug 7 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,178
   No Gallery Pics

I dont want a re-release or a new album in Q4.

Perfect scenario would be a new album in Q1.

But if they have to release something in Q4, a standalone single wouldn't be a bad choice. They can later include it on their Greatest hits album.

+Quote Post
White Mustang
post Aug 7 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I'd love a GH collection tbh. They have more than enough hits now.

+Quote Post
Matt_1989
post Aug 9 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #7
New Entry
Member No.: 37,170
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love a Greatest Hits collection with a few new songs. If we get our wish and the girls break free from Syco a GH album would feel like a great way to round off the Syco years and finally do a full world tour.

I can see them re-releasing Glory Days with a brand new single as it would be strange if they didn't release anything in Q4. Releasing LM5 while still touring GD makes no sense so I hope they hold off until Q1- which although wouldn't give the big numbers they usually get but with little competition around then it virtually guarantees them another Number 1. Plus it would give the girls a bit of breathing space

+Quote Post
robbiesglory
post Aug 10 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 23,691
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know where else to put this but a Mexican radio station has said that Little Mix will be collaborating with a boyband named 'CNCO' and will be recording a video in Miami.

+Quote Post
robbiesglory
post Aug 15 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 23,691
   No Gallery Pics

The girls have been in the studio today with Phil Plested (co-wrote Touch) Touch 2.0 is coming!

+Quote Post
Jamesy
post Friday, 11:16 PM
Post #10
Without any meaning, we're just skin and bone.
Member No.: 3,033
   No Gallery Pics

I think they'll re-release Glory Days with the single versions of Touch, No More Sad Songs and Power. They'll include Reggaeton Lento and there will be one or two more songs on there - at least one of which will be the autumn/winter single.

Still got December 1st feels for it as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 04:25 AM