BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nicki Minaj AF, trying again lol
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
?
?
Yeah !! [ 20 ] ** [45.45%]
No :( [ 24 ] ** [54.55%]
Total Votes: 47

Josh!
post Aug 9 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

So I know this has been suggested a couple times in the past but now we're having actual movement in the AFs and finally getting a Taylor Swift forum after so long so thought it might be time for another try.

I suggested it in the AF mod lounge and got mainly positive feedback so how about a Nicki Minaj subforum? Here's my reasoning, she's on a feature pretty much every week, has a huge social media presence (in terms of drawing new members to the site and meaning there's lots to post about her as she legit posts about 20 instagrams a day), her inc. thread is probably the most popular one I've seen who doesn't have their own AF but having a actual forum with mods give even more of an incentive to post about off topic a Nicki chat so I think there could be a lot to discuss and it could be pretty successful with a good mod team behind it!!

Her new era is due this year so what better time to at least give it a try ! Who knows - it might bring April back to site heehee.gif

Even if it was just on a trial run, I'd love to see us give it a go wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post Aug 9 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #2
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Yes!! Her and Ariana are the top contenders for a new AF now I think.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 9 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

With the right mod team and a social media push this would work well

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 9 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #4
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

NO
WHY ar epeople wanting to add MORE AF's when the problem reamains that they are still not well advertised and non of them have any decent chat going on in them.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 9 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #5
c:

QUOTE(Shaphne @ Aug 9 2017, 09:23 PM) *
NO
WHY ar epeople wanting to add MORE AF's when the problem reamains that they are still not well advertised and non of them have any decent chat going on in them.

I don't think actually deleting AFs is in discussion at the moment. The discussion in the moderator lounge currently is what artists could replace existing dead subforums like U2 and Robbie (which could just be merged into Take That). Nicki and Ariana are the two who have been mentioned most as potential replacements so I thought I'd get the ball rolling on a poll. In the meantime whilst the new site is being made, I can guarantee Nicki would pull in more traffic than the artists above and hopefully be a surprise successful forum with the right mod team behind it biggrin.gif

tl;dr - we're looking for replacement forums ️. Similar to how Taylor has replaced the Glee forum and not been added as a new one if ygm!!

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 9 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #6
Get Free.
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 9 2017, 03:57 PM) *
With the right mod team and a social media push this would work well

Yeah. And it would bring more of a variety to the forum while still catering to the communities overall love of pop. With that being said. Who would moderate the forum and take responsibility for culturing that? I'm interested to know a game plan for it's launch... as opening a new forum should be a big deal.

I'll vote yes if it's proven to drum up some hype across the board. Skeptical because the AF's are already in a slump. With that being said we should have AF's for any major act that has a huge following, it's what Britney, Girls Aloud and the Christina forum did back in the day and we should follow suit to attract new members.

Either go full out on making these AF's a smash or change the layout by the end of the year, IMO.

Also. I think the Artist forums should be connected to their genre forums when it comes to the board layout. Have a tab under the fitting genre to encourage casual fans to jump in on discussions.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 9 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise

We're not getting any layout changes until after the new site is up and running. iirc the last update we had from Phil was that this exact site would be recreated but with Phil's code and then it would be updated and then we'd add new features and shake things. Given that Phil hasn't posted since May the more we hold off on things the harder it's going to be to salvage any AFs.

Discussions yesterday have prompted the AF's into a bit of soul searching and action. We're all determined to make the best of the situation we are in right now to try and revive the AF's so that when the new site does come in 2059 there is a strong platform to build off. Part of that has to be cycling out some deadwood for new forums and putting a number of others, including mine, on notice.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 9 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #8
Get Free.
Member No.: 67

I'm here to help in any way that I can.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 9 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Josh! @ Aug 9 2017, 09:29 PM) *
I don't think actually deleting AFs is in discussion at the moment. The discussion in the moderator lounge currently is what artists could replace existing dead subforums like U2 and Robbie (which could just be merged into Take That). Nicki and Ariana are the two who have been mentioned most as potential replacements so I thought I'd get the ball rolling on a poll. In the meantime whilst the new site is being made, I can guarantee Nicki would pull in more traffic than the artists above and hopefully be a surprise successful forum with the right mod team behind it biggrin.gif

tl;dr - we're looking for replacement forums ️. Similar to how Taylor has replaced the Glee forum and not been added as a new one if ygm!!

None of Nicki's thread garner much traffic anyway so I don't see how a whole AF would work out.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 9 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #10
c:

QUOTE(Shaphne @ Aug 9 2017, 09:42 PM) *
None of Nicki's thread garner much traffic anyway so I don't see how a whole AF would work out.

Fair enough! Was just explaining the situation a bit better but Silas did it better than me anyway heehee.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 9 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise

There's no denying Nicki's popularity out on the wider web. It's a potential traffic getter for the site and let's be honest. The U2 forum has had what, 2 posts this year? It can't do any worse than that so there is really no harm in trying it to see if it works. If it doesn't then we'll try something else.

We can't just sit and let these parts die, it's worth taking the most dead of these forums and attempting to do something different

QUOTE(Tyler @ Aug 9 2017, 09:40 PM) *
I'm here to help in any way that I can.

We need to get your voice in there. I can make you an AF mod so you can contribute to the general discussions!!

Edit - I've done this so you should now see the AF mod lounge again

+Quote Post
White Mustang
post Aug 10 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I hate to be negative, but I don't feel like Nicki would get anywhere near the right amount of discussion for an AF

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 10 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

No, I think she's peaked as an artist.

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 10 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #14
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Can't see it happening tbh! Maybe in her Starships or Anaconda era but not now imo

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 15 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #15
c:

Gonna bump this as it has less votes than some of the others. It looks like Robbie forum might be going too so this is in with a shot !!

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Aug 15 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,265

Nah keep her in the R&B forum... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Sep 3 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Looks like this is coming to fruition then!

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Sep 3 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #18
see you space cowboy
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Yep, although it has meant that I've run into difficulties with my ability to create new forums, meaning that it will have to wait until the Will Young/Darius forums are closed.

+Quote Post
THEO.
post Sep 3 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #19
IDGAF
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 8,661

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 3 2017, 10:19 AM) *
Yep, although it has meant that I've run into difficulties with my ability to create new forums, meaning that it will have to wait until the Will Young/Darius forums are closed.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/Nicki-Minaj-f239.html

?

+Quote Post
Big Hiss Machine
post Sep 3 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #20
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 3 2017, 10:19 AM) *

A request, please close the Will Young first as that is much less active.

I still think the Take That or Leona ones should have been closed instead of Darius, don't understand why there is deemed to be more potential in those mostly dead forums! There were 13 guests browsing the Darius forum two nights ago, some of them could have joined that forum as members!

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Sep 3 2017, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 06:19 AM