BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NATIONAL MIDDLE CHILD DAY, Please don't ignore us...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post Aug 12 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #1
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

So today is National Middle Child day! I myself am a middle child and was wondering if there are any more of us out here on the forum? Do any of you have siblings that are the middle child.

Can you cope with it? Or you/they sometimes ignored? Or do they get the most attention?

I am the second boy out of two boys and a girl. I've often felt like I'm the least important person in the family (when my sister was born, my Nan actually said to my mum 'you can stop now, you've got the girl' #spareboy). My mum always gave me a lot of attention because she was worried about me being in the middle (my auntie who was a middle child put ideas in her head) but I often found during childhood that that made my brother and sister a bit more resentful of me so I still often felt a bit left out.

Feel free to share any experiences!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 12 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

The middle children are always the shittiest

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 12 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Aug 12 2017, 12:52 PM) *
The middle children are always the shittiest

Omg can I not even start a thread now without you finding a way to throw a childish insult at me and add nothing of substance to the discussion?

Do you know what, I won't bother trying to stimulate discussion around here from now on...

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 12 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Well no, my brother is a middle child and he is the shittiest. My nan says that about my parent too.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Aug 12 2017, 12:01 PM
Post #5
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I'm the youngest of two but all the middle children that I know are the most 'normal' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 12 2017, 12:03 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I guess I'm middle but not actual middle as in one older, one younger, I have two older sisters and a younger sister laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 12 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Aug 12 2017, 12:55 PM) *
Well no, my brother is a middle child and he is the shittiest. My nan says that about my parent too.

He's shittier than you? Must be a nightmare.

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 12 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #8
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I think middle children get the best of both tbh

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 12 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Aug 12 2017, 01:07 PM) *
He's shittier than you? Must be a nightmare.

Oh you're so funny

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Aug 12 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #10
Together we are more.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,042

I'm the middle out of 5 overall, but I'm the oldest of my mums second relationship! (2 to 3)

I think I've been lucky but I've never felt left out or anything like that! My younger brother was always the lil shit. Lol.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 12 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #11
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(AllWeKnowOfSpadz @ Aug 12 2017, 12:10 PM) *
I think middle children get the best of both tbh

We don't. If planned right we get hit with 3 puberties after each other. My parents did that so I got hit by my brothers at first, then mine did and when I was done my lil' bro got his annoying face so I was basically arguing with someone from the age of 9 till I was 18, love it

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Aug 12 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #12
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Only got one sister thankfully. If I had more than one sibling I would probably have exploded tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 12 2017, 03:03 PM
Post #13
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

I'm the youngest of two and it's struck me that none of my friends or relatives are one of three or more ohmy.gif not that i have any friends anyway laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saenerys
post Aug 12 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #14
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Older brother, younger sister.

Growing up I definitely got the feeling as a teenager that I was being left out and that my siblings got away with just about everything - of which, my sister still does and surprisingly that bothers me still laugh.gif I don't feel like a middle child because shortly after I came out my brother spend years basically bullying me and taking the piss out of who I was and had some abhorrent views regarding my sexuality, so when I moved out at 18 to go to uni I almost forgot I had an older sibling. Not really feeling like the middle child anymore though now I'm nearly 23 and that I've experienced life a bit more.

+Quote Post
Jacb
post Aug 12 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #15
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I'm the middle but I'm the best. x

Idk Iz is 1 and a half years older and lil bro is 5 years younger so it's more like we're "the older 2". My little brother got away with a lot that I never did- for example could watch movies with a higher age rating that I couldn't at his age so he wasn't "left out". In fact I specifically remember watching the start of LOTR (The Fellowship) when I was 7, then got sent to bed when "the scary parts" started but he got to watch the entire lot when he was like 4. laugh.gif
I think parents generally are always stricter with older ones then spoil the younger ones- probably less uptight not being new parents any more and they figure they know what they're doing.

Tbf I saw The Two Towers and ROTK in the cinema. x

When we were in a 3 bed house (up until last year when I was home actually) I always shared with Iz and he got his own room because we were obviously far closer in age. He always had so much more at the same age that I was when he actually got there iirc oops. Like he had a laptop at maybe 12 or 13, I never really had my own PC (full time) of any kind until I was around 17.

I mean it has it's disadvantages- Iz always got all the new stuff and lil bro got the "oh he only little" #getoutofjailfree card for a lot longer than I did, but I wouldn't want the pressure of being the oldest "having to set an example" - that was bad enough already, and being 5 years younger would suck a bit because lil bro was naturally "left out", not intentionally just because with that age gap at a younger age you just don't fit in with the same games or whatever. I don't mind being the middle one actually, Idk what I would've done without Iz telling me everything about life- everyone who hasn't had a non-arrogant child prodigy older brother close in age should try it. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 12 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #16
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm the oldest and better child (i only have one sibling anyway for now)

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 12 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I'm the oldest child by a year! This was always handy for my brother in school when I could help him with stuff I'd been taught just the year before.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 12 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #18
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

I'm *technically* the middle child but only two minutes younger than the oldest. laugh.gif I never really felt that I was treated differently from any of my brothers.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Aug 12 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I'm the second of four so I suppose that makes me a middle child. Nobody has wished me a happy middle child day sad.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 13 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #20
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 12 2017, 11:27 PM) *
I'm the second of four so I suppose that makes me a middle child. Nobody has wished me a happy middle child day sad.gif

No because us middle children are ignored!

I tweeted about it yesterday and BOTH my parents ignored it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 05:04 PM