BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Dua Lipa Forum
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Dua Lipa Forum
Should Dua Lipa get a forum?
Yes [ 25 ] ** [51.02%]
No [ 24 ] ** [48.98%]
Total Votes: 52

burbe
post Aug 13 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #1
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

One artist who seems genuinely very popular atm and with New Rules basically being Buzzjack's favourite song atm, surely she's someone who deserves her own forum?

Let's doooo this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 13 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I really don't think she needs one. She's not a top tier pop female.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Aug 13 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #3
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Aug 13 2017, 08:46 PM) *
I really don't think she needs one. She's not a top tier pop female.

Neither are the majority of those with a forum......

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 13 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #4
Danvīci
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(burbe @ Aug 13 2017, 08:47 PM) *
Neither are the majority of those with a forum......

She's not going to generate as much discussion as Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc. though.

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Aug 13 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #5
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I'd back this decision. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Aug 13 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Yes she totally deserves one.

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 13 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #7
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Said no at first, but I'm not all clued up to Dua. I guess if she can back her music popularity with something else, like, are there other things to discuss about her other than just music? Like, with Taylor Swift there's a lot of discussion to be made on her various adventures... you know what I mean laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 13 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Maybe in the future.

+Quote Post
White Mustang
post Aug 13 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I actually think a Dua forum could do really well. I feel like it could do as well as The Saturdays forum in its prime who were never top tier either.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 13 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #10
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I'm really in support of this. Would be an individual talking point

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 13 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #11
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

One big single after a somewhat average first era doesn't warrant an AF. Besides, this is like her 6th single, she'll likely be done with the era soon and there'll be nothing to talk about.
If she sustains this success for a few more years then sure, but now, no. The Adele forum died quickly despite 21 happening.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Aug 13 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #12
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

If this were to become a reality, what sort of things would be discussed? Can you think of at least five to ten different threads that you could keep active regularly and/or have a certain fanbase on Buzzjack it would appeal to? These aren't challenges but people should think about them when thinking of new artist forum requests. I'm aware there is an awful lot of deadbeat forums where the above doesn't apply that we'll hopefully remove soon, but until then, try and think whether we're not adding a new one.

In my personal view right now, it's a No (an artist should have at least two eras to discuss and highly publicised in the media to warrant one in my view) though definitely could be a good potential one in the future

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 13 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #13
Ooga Boo

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 13 2017, 10:32 PM) *
If this were to become a reality, what sort of things would be discussed? Can you think of at least five to ten different threads that you could keep active regularly and/or have a certain fanbase on Buzzjack it would appeal to? These aren't challenges but people should think about them when thinking of new artist forum requests. I'm aware there is an awful lot of deadbeat forums where the above doesn't apply that we'll hopefully remove soon, but until then, try and think whether we're not adding a new one.

In my personal view right now, it's a No (an artist should have at least two eras to discuss and highly publicised in the media to warrant one in my view) though definitely could be a good potential one in the future

I think this is a good question to ask before any more of these threads spirng up for any act who happens to be doing well on itunes.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 13 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #14
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

She's had Be The One, Hotter Than Hell, Blow Your Mind and now New Rules, sure the former 3 had varying peaks but the former 2 were Gold and the latter Silver, more than 1 hit laugh.gif

I do think no on this one though, Chez is right what else could we discuss? A rate of her album, a couple of threads for the current single and album, I can't think of much else.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 13 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Honestly if I had to suggest an artist to get an artist forum (we all know I'm against them but I'd rather have active artists than the likes of U2 if we can only reskin them), then Dua would be my first choice. If the point of artist forums is to attract new members, then I don't think there's going to be many Dua communities out there so it could be a USP.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 13 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #16
Ooga Boo

If there's not much of a community outside of here and nobody has gone abut setting one up then that suggests there is not high demand for one.
"oh but *so and so* doesn't have much of a community outside so let's make an AF here to bring new memebrs!" is a weak argument and can be applied to numerous acts.
We need to be realikistic here.

Most of the current AF's have slling points and oodles of discussion. Beyonce/GA/Kylie/1D have more than one act to talk about and most of them have other projects to talk about (tours, tv shows etc) Madonna/Brit/LM/Gaga might not be in the middle of an era or just about to end one, but there is lots to discuss there/ P!nk/Taylor/Katy have new eras to talk about.

Elvis, Darius, Jusitn, Will Young, U2 really need to go. And I know it's been mentioned before but Robbie and Take That should be combined.

This post has been edited by Shaphne: Aug 13 2017, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 14 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #17
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Only thing with Darius is it's still fairly active (as opposed to over a year ago it was gathering dust) which is why I hadn't mentioned it earlier re replacing old AFs.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Aug 14 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

If I can't have a Mariah forum there's no way this Z-lister should get one

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 14 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #19
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Outside of her music, there really is nothing about her

+Quote Post
Saenerys
post Aug 14 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #20
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 13 2017, 10:32 PM) *
If this were to become a reality, what sort of things would be discussed? Can you think of at least five to ten different threads that you could keep active regularly and/or have a certain fanbase on Buzzjack it would appeal to? These aren't challenges but people should think about them when thinking of new artist forum requests.

In hindsight this would be a pretty good criteria to include on what warrants an artist forum as well. Little Mix (I might be wrong) got their AF around the time of Salute and they have only gone upwards since and have proved a success. There are several artists with big followings who have at least two eras of discussion, are frequently in the media and would be USP's for the site including Fifth Harmony and Shawn Mendes.

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 13 2017, 10:49 PM) *
I do think no on this one though, Chez is right what else could we discuss? A rate of her album, a couple of threads for the current single and album, I can't think of much else.

Just playing devils advocate here, but isn't that is what is going on in the Taylor forum right now? I agree TS6 will bring discussion but I don't think it can be used as a critique of new artist forums if the newest one is simply doing this (at the current time.)

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Aug 14 2017, 12:21 AM) *
Honestly if I had to suggest an artist to get an artist forum (we all know I'm against them but I'd rather have active artists than the likes of U2 if we can only reskin them), then Dua would be my first choice. If the point of artist forums is to attract new members, then I don't think there's going to be many Dua communities out there so it could be a USP.

Like Grant said, there might not be a demand for a Dua community as of yet. It certainly would be a USP and going on the criteria Chez outlined moving beyond a second album for her might warrant one then depending of course on what happens and what other ventures she gets into.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 09:58 PM