BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Laptops
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cqmerqn
post Aug 24 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Do you own a laptop? Guessing most of you do tongue.gif

Which one do you have?

I need a speedy laptop for a decent price. So I need suggestions tongue.gif

Helllpppp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 24 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I currently own a MacBook Pro! Got it in 2013 and it's still mostly doing alright. Well, with the exception of the two keys that stopped working last year oops, have replaced the keyboard now kink.gif I enjoy its features (especially iMovie *.*) and particularly like that the battery lasts for a long time.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 24 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 24 2017, 08:23 PM) *
I currently own a MacBook Pro! Got it in 2013 and it's still mostly doing alright. Well, with the exception of the two keys that stopped working last year oops, have replaced the keyboard now kink.gif I enjoy its features (especially iMovie *.*) and particularly like that the battery lasts for a long time.

Ooh just looked at the price and let's just say that it's out of the budget kink.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 24 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

What price range are you aiming at?

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 24 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Up to £400 tbh

+Quote Post
mdh
post Aug 24 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

This is what my friend has and it's like £200 and from what I've seen it's really good!

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 24 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Aug 24 2017, 08:37 PM) *
This is what my friend has and it's like £200 and from what I've seen it's really good!

Too small! Looking for about 14"

I'm fussy rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 24 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I bought this 2-in-1 Lenovo Yoga laptop/tablet two weeks ago, which I love and highly recommend. Of course the price has dropped £50 since I bought it drama.gif

I do think it's well worth it though, it has 1tb storage, I love having the touch screen element to it, it's very sleek and I've got no complaints about it. For not even £400 it's very much worth it, great value for what you get.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7349757

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Aug 24 2017, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 24 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

We're due to get the Lenovo Yoga at work from September nocheer.gif I f***ing hate Lenovo. It's cheap shite. I suspect we only have it because the line we use used to be IBM before Lenovo bought them out and the powers that be are attached to them. rolleyes.gif

I have two currently. My personal laptop is a 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina display. It's my pride and joy. I adore it, the battery lasts forever only downside is my HDD is tiny, it's a 256GB Flash drive, which I can fill with movies/TV really quickly. whistle.gif

My work laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen1 and it's an utter heap of shite. I'd rather use an abacus than a Lenovo. I spend about 35-40% of my day fantasising about using the Lenovo to break the window of the office and then fling the carcass out of the window and onto the tram line below for a tram to finish it off.

If a Lenovo was the only computer available, I'd rather not use a computer.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 24 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #10
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I'm currenlty looking for a laptop as well. I already have a big one but that battery died rather quick, so now I'm looking for a small one I can take to college with me so I can take notes as fast as possible :/

I don;t want one of those messy ones that can turn into a tablet as well, ain't nobody got time for that

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 24 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #11
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Mine is currently Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E530C which I got given for my college course a few years ago. In the last few months it's gotten quite slow... I'm not in a position to upgrade at the moment but I might do a clean reinstall of it when I have the time.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Aug 24 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #12
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

My personal laptop is also a 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina display! My work one is a HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation.

This post has been edited by Oliver: Aug 24 2017, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Aug 24 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Mine's a Hewlett Packard Stream netbook in blue. Had it for about two years now. It's a good little bit of kit for writing and doing my blogs! Although to be fair I have invested in a Samsung external hard drive (about 1TB) where I keep all my writing and my iTunes library from my old laptop I had for uni (although I don't have iTunes installed on the HP Stream. Too much space and not enough room on the main hard drive, I just use Windows Media Player instead).

+Quote Post
StillJupiter
post Aug 24 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I have an ASUS. It's quite old now but still works perfectly well and is decently lightweight. I'd guess it's about 15 inches, but you should be able to find smaller ones if you look up. I think this one was probably around £300 so a smaller one should be cheaper.

Only thing is it's probably not powerful enough for gaming, but if that's no concern it's one I'd recommend.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 24 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 24 2017, 09:05 PM) *
We're due to get the Lenovo Yoga at work from September nocheer.gif I f***ing hate Lenovo. It's cheap shite. I suspect we only have it because the line we use used to be IBM before Lenovo bought them out and the powers that be are attached to them. rolleyes.gif
I have two currently. My personal laptop is a 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina display. It's my pride and joy. I adore it, the battery lasts forever only downside is my HDD is tiny, it's a 256GB Flash drive, which I can fill with movies/TV really quickly. whistle.gif

My work laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen1 and it's an utter heap of shite. I'd rather use an abacus than a Lenovo. I spend about 35-40% of my day fantasising about using the Lenovo to break the window of the office and then fling the carcass out of the window and onto the tram line below for a tram to finish it off.

If a Lenovo was the only computer available, I'd rather not use a computer.

Ha! I'd never used any of their equipment before getting this.

I figured I'd give it a go as I've had bad experiences with other cheaper makes. Most people I know swear by HP laptops but the one and only time I splashed out £500 on what seemed like a really nice one, it died completely within five months. Never again. Acer was a nightmare for me too, only Toshiba kit has ever lasted the distance for me.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 24 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks all biggrin.gif

Decided to go for this one

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7498251

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Aug 26 2017, 06:33 AM
Post #17
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Would love to have a MacBook someday but that steep price tag is just too much for me. Plus the HD storage is considerably small too.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 26 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ⓐⓦⓐⓡ^ @ Aug 26 2017, 07:33 AM) *
Would love to have a MacBook someday but that steep price tag is just too much for me. Plus the HD storage is considerably small too.

My friend has one and says he regrets paying that much money for it as it isn't worth it!

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 26 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #19
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Was considering buying a new expensive ish laptop like a gaming one so I could have some wiggle room and things can actually run at a speed you can have a decent amount of tabs open with laugh.gif I don't really want LIGHTNING but it's 2017 not 2007 and I don't wanna wait more than a couple of seconds for something to open lol

But instead I'm just gonna double my ram to 8GB and upgrade my processor which I'm informed can go from a 2.4ghz to a 3 *.* that should hopefully make things less painful at least.

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Aug 26 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #20
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Aug 26 2017, 10:37 AM) *
My friend has one and says he regrets paying that much money for it as it isn't worth it!

I think what lures me is seeing so many others own them, and the product placement on so many TV shows just irritates me more! tongue.gif

I currently have an old HP laptop from my brother but it's missing the battery so I only run it on the mains.

I also have a HP desktop which was expensive at the time but it's got to be coming up for 10 years old and I barely use it anymore.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 04:18 PM