BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lyrical Tattoos
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 26 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Does anyone have a tattoo of lyrics or want to get a tattoo of lyrics?

I'm currently really drawn to the idea of having "I'm getting Stronger" on the inside of my wrists (I'm getting on left, stronger on right) in print small enough to be covered with a watch strap for like work/formal occasions. Stronger has been in my life for 15 years now, more than half my lifetime, and it has been such a vital song for me. Pushing me through moments of darkness and into those moments of light. I also really like the idea of Mutya's verse in full maybe on like the side of my ribs or something. "I'll make it through the rainy days, I'll be the one who stands it longer than the rest, when my landscapes changes, rearranges, I'll be stronger than I've ever been, no more stillness more sunlight, everything's gonna be alright" wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 26 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I can't think of any lyrics I love just enough to get tattooed! I think I'd be so fussy about fonts as well kink.gif i absolutely ADORE handwritten tattoo lyrics by the artist themself!

(This thread getting made when I booked in my second tat for this tues *.*)

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Aug 26 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #3
Just another burden on the welfare state
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't get a tattoo full stop laugh.gif There are certain lyrics in songs I get really obsessed with, those are the ones that tend to go in my Member Title (as close to a tattoo as I'll ever get tongue.gif ) like Alessia's 'Seventeen' which is very relevant to me atm but in a few years time that meaning will probably be lost on me or just make me feel sad sad.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 26 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #4
must be love on the brain 💕
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Aug 26 2017, 04:11 PM) *
I can't think of any lyrics I love just enough to get tattooed! I think I'd be so fussy about fonts as well kink.gif i absolutely ADORE handwritten tattoo lyrics by the artist themself!

I'm the same, I'd be so fussy and probably end up hating it in like a week kink.gif what was your first tattoo?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 26 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

That's a lovely idea Phil! Personally I cannot think of a particular lyric that stands out as being my ultimate lyric, so I feel like it would be a bit of a forced tattoo for me. Plus I wouldn't want to regret it down the line. But I love seeing other people's lyrical tattoos 'cause it reveals quite a bit about a person, plus it's always fun to see what kind of music people are into.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 26 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Idk if I ever would get a text tattoo bc I feel there's more risk they could come out wonky or whatever, like there's more room for error on the artists part but also songs can develop multiple meanings and I'd always be afraid something would later happen that makes me hate the song or relate it to something negative. I think if I did get a tattoo of lyrics it would need to be Paramore's and more than likely "it's just spark but it's enough" from Last Hope because that's a sentiment I really do live by, like it doesn't matter how shit things get or how lost I feel, if I can find one thing no matter how small, then that's essential in me not giving up or whatever. I very much feel as though I live week to week, like I can't really look too far infront of myself without kinda freaking out and assuming I'm headed for the worst if that makes sense so if I have say a night out or a concert or even like an album coming out, I'll focus on that as my "spark" and that motivates me to get through whatever I have to to get there laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Northside Hisser
post Aug 26 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #7
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Aug 26 2017, 04:11 PM) *

Do you have a tattoo of a Cherry?

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 26 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #8
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(The Hissmobile @ Aug 26 2017, 09:54 PM) *
Do you have a tattoo of a Cherry?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not yet x

@ Andrew I have a Venus symbol tattooed on my ribs ATM!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 03:55 AM