BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taylor @ VMA's
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraReputation
post Aug 27 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #1
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

So the VMA's are tomorrow and Taylor has a pretty big history with them! I would do this in detail but I'm quite tired so if anyone wants to add more information about these events then you sure can!

What are the most iconic of these? Which do you remember? Will Taylor turn up at the VMA's tomorrow?

2008: Not much really. However she was nominated for Best New Artist alongside Katy & Miley and they all lost to someone called Tokio Hotel!!
2009: The famous one. She won Best Female Video for You Belong With Me which led to Kanye 'I'mma let you finish moment' with him storming the stage and doing his own speech on why Single Ladies should've won it. Beyonce later won video of the year and brought Taylor back onstage to finish her speech!
2010: She performed Innocent (our poor ears) & footage replayed of the stage-crashing, the song is also about Kanye
2011: No appearance
2012: Performed WANEGBT
2013: Another drama filled year *.* She performed I Knew You Were Trouble infront of Harry Styles and thanked 'the person who inspired this song, who knows exactly who he is.' Swift was also seen in the audience muttering what really appeared to be the words 'shut the f**k up' whilst One Direction were on stage.
2014: She performed Shake It Off and told us 'I don't care if it's the VMAs, I am not jumping off there. There's all kinds of people getting bit by snakes. It's dangerous!'. She was also dancing during nearly every performance *.*
2015: Wildest Dreams video premiered during the pre show. The end of the Taylor/Nicki 'feud' and Minaj invited Taylor to join her performance in the actual show to poke fun at the feud and Swift performed Bad Blood with Nicki onstage.
Swift also awarded Kanye the Vanguard award. 'To all the other winners tonight, Iím really happy for you, and Iíma let you finish, but Kanye West has had one of the greatest careers of all time. And right now, I am honored to present the 2015 Video Vanguard Award to my friend, Kanye West.' that lasted long oops kink.gif
2016: No appearance
2017: What's gonna happen? The only thing confirmed so far is that the video is premiering! Will Taylor appear? Perform LWYMMD? Make up with Katy? She is also rumoured to have landed in LA on Thursday night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Aug 27 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

2009 is definitely the most iconic obviously. The Wildest Dreams video <3 And I legit forgot about the whole Taylor/Nicki performance until about 2 weeks ago kink.gif

This year I'm hoping she appears, performs the lead single and finally makes up with Katy!!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 27 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

2009 VMAs was definitely the most memorable year in terms of Taylor! I remember everyone discussing it the next day at school, being so shocked about what had happened. I always thought that was such a jerk move from Kanye, also the 'Single Ladies' video is ridiculously overrated anyway and I much prefer the 'You Belong With Me' one, it's very endearing.

Hyped to see the music video premiering! She delivered a lot on the music video front last era.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 27 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Aug 27 2017, 01:10 AM) *
2013: Another drama filled year *.* She performed I Knew You Were Trouble infront of Harry Styles and thanked 'the person who inspired this song, who knows exactly who he is.' Swift was also seen in the audience muttering what really appeared to be the words 'shut the f**k up' whilst One Direction were on stage.

OMG!! I do not even recall this but I am LIVING for her sassy-ness at the moment tbh laugh.gif drama.gif

Really hoping she shows up and performs this weekend, I can't wait to see the first live performance of LWYMMD and this seems like a great opportunity. She should come up on stage for the final chorus of Swish Swish to be honest, that would be such a moment!!!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 28 2017, 02:36 AM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Just seen this on MTV's channel so thought it would be appropriate for this thread:

Her interacting with P!nk *.*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 12:40 AM