BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gunpowder, BBC One | Saturdays or full series on BBC iPlayer
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klampus
post Aug 29 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #1
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The BBC have unveiled the trailer for their new three part drama, Gunpowder, starring Kit Harrington (aka Game of Throne's Kit Harrington - announcement is very timely sleep.gif )!

QUOTE(TV Wise)
Gunpowder explores the true story behind the legend, including the fact that it was not Guy Fawkes but Robert Catesby who devised the plot. This fast-paced 17th century thriller delves into the history behind the plot’s evolution, the selection of the team to carry it out, the gathering of the resources, and the obstacles they came up against. It follows both the gunpowder plotters and Robert Cecil, the spymaster-in-chief of King James I whose network of spies pursues them in a cat and mouse game.

The series will also star Liv Tyler, Mark Gatiss, Peter Mullan, Tom Cullen, Edward Holcroft, Shaun Dooley and Robert Emms. It is expected to air on Saturday nights in late October.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
burbe
post Aug 29 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #2
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I was quite excited when I heard about this commission. I love a good one-off event drama!

+Quote Post
burbe
post Oct 3 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #3
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

Looks like this is airing on Saturday nights from the 21st October! Quite excited to see this!

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Oct 18 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm hyped for this!! what a line up *.*

+Quote Post
jase.
post Oct 18 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #5
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Group: Members
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

All 3 episodes will go up on iPlayer on Saturday biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rudolph
post Oct 22 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #6
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

It started it off pretty well, it did plod on a bit, some very violent scenes at the beginning, Mark Gatiss steals the show for me, his character is brilliant, and Liv Tyler just adds to it with her beauty. I like dramas like this, Taboo, The Three Musketeers etc etc, its about time BBC gave Robin of Sherwood another try, make it an adult version instead of the past pre-watershed series with Jonas Armstrong.

I like the elements of the series, if there is noting on TV, I might watch the other two episodes on iPlayer, its quite fitting actually the last episode is transmitted on the 4th November which leads up to 5th November on Sunday.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Oct 22 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #7
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

I watched the whole series today, I thought it was a good depiction and very gripping at times. I agree that Mark Gatiss really shone in this!

(and Sia from EastEnders *.* although booo at her getting killed off in the first 20 minutes sleep.gif)

+Quote Post
jase.
post Oct 23 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #8
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I'm reading a lot of "it was very boring" and a lot of "it was gripping" - which is it then?! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Oct 23 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(jase. @ Oct 23 2017, 02:02 PM) *
I'm reading a lot of "it was very boring" and a lot of "it was gripping" - which is it then?! laugh.gif

i'm in between!! kink.gif parts of it really dragged as it did feel quite "done before", but in general the acting was really good and i thought it was a good retelling! i probably should have gave it some time in between episodes but didn't really feel like doing anyhting other than binge TV yday laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SantaDalek32
post Oct 29 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #10
Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall?
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Finished the first two episodes. It's excellent
Also, Guy Fawkes was such a badass when he slashed those hunters in the second episode and managed to break a priest prisoner out of the high security Tower Of London.

+Quote Post
SantaDalek32
post Nov 2 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #11
Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall?
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Saw the third episode and I can say I was very impressed.
Father Graham has now become one of my favourite characters of the series, such a brave character. The way sacrifices himself to the medieval ordeal of death by hanging for refusing to tell the guards where Anna and young Robert have been exiled and when he is told that the rack will make him talk, to which he then replies "I'll prove you wrong" are probably the biggest highlights of his portrayal in this episode.
I can also give credit to Guy Fawkes' powerful dialogue during the scene involving him being stretched "My name is Guy Fawkes. I will give name of no other".
Other good parts include the score and the slow motion scene involving the gunpowder plot gang members' deadly fates in the hands of Wade.

Rating: GOLD [100] (Bonus Points: +3)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:48 PM