BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Earliest Memory
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Aug 30 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #1
Moana Lisa
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Do you have a specific moment in time from way back that you consider your "earliest memory"? Hopefully this shan't uncover any horrible wounds, sorry in advance if that's the case.

What I consider my earliest memory is of me crying in my bed as a small kid, I specifically remember that particular cry for some reason. I don't like that it's an unhappy memory but there ya go. I think it was an indicator of the future hyper-emotional me that I would become biggrin.gif

I also remember my parents dancing together in the kitchen. I was crying then as well... laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 30 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

The earliest memory I can think of was in Spain when I was very young, my brother was messing about and nearly fell off his chair onto a concrete floor drama.gif must have stuck in my head because my parents and grandma were naturally fussing so much over him.

The first dream I ever remember was a nightmare where a vacuum cleaner sucked up all my possessions and people I loved and left me all alone! I was traumatised and had a fear of vacuum cleaners for years laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Aug 30 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #3
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I was actually discussing this with my family yesterday! laugh.gif The earliest memory I have is when I was about 2-and-a-half when I had been taken to see a 'show' and then go on a train. I had no idea what a 'show' was at the time though so when my dad spent ages talking to someone I just assumed that was the show tongue.gif I remember watching the show but don't remember going on the train (although I do remember being really excited about it) so I'm guessing I probably went to sleep :') I've recently had it confirmed that said 'show' was the Tweenies at Manchester Arena.

Yeah, quite an in-depth first memory really! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Aug 30 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night let alone when I was young laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Harve
post Aug 30 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #5
cultural marxist
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

I have no idea how old I was but my first memory was pushing my brother into our cow bath. It wasn't very nice of me. This is a cow bath.

The first globally important event I remember was the millennium I think. But that might actually have been bonfire night as both involved fireworks. I definitely remember the Foot & Mouth outbreak of 2001 and I vaguely remember 9/11.

edit: sorry about the enormous image.

This post has been edited by Harve: Aug 30 2017, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Aug 30 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #6
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Aug 30 2017, 07:50 PM) *
I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night let alone when I was young laugh.gif
same sad.gif i have a soft spot towards memories and I kinda fantasize about a technology that could enable one to relive whatever memories they like heart.gif knowing myself I'd probably get lost in them and not want to return to reality laugh.gif

I think my earliest memory is when I was 4 at Butlins. I want to be a kid again tbh :'(

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 30 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Going to Majorca when I was 2 and a half in my pyjamas at Bristol airport. Also been taken back to our apartment by my parents when a fight broke out between England and Spanish 'fans' at a bar during Euro 96.

My first news memory was the passing of Princess Diana.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 30 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #8
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Omg that cow looks SHOOK. Like another true country kid all my earliest memories are from horse yards. I remember having an escaped stallion run to me so I had to jump into a bush of nettles, I also remember my first pony who was cute as f*** (I can't even remember the first time I rode because I started at 3!)

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 30 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Foot and mouth is another I remember because of washing our feet to go into shops :')

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 30 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Mine first memory I think is my cousin pushing me out of my grandad's car so she could get the seat she wanted laugh.gif

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Aug 30 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #11
I will leave my heart at the door.
Member No.: 1,454

Going to the street sale with my grandma.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 02:30 AM