BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Riser Monthly, AUGUST 2017
Rating 5 V
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post Sep 1 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #1
Only here for the cereal
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente
3. Brothers Osborne – It Ain’t My Fault [29-39-34-3]
4. Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris – Craving You [1-11-16-10-4]
5. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar [6-1-5]
6. Halsey – Now Or Never [16-2-3-6]
7. French Montana feat. Swae Lee – Unforgettable [2-3-2-7]
8. Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato – No Promises [21-12-8]
9. Shawn Mendes – There’s Nothing Holdin' Me Back [33-20-8-9]
10. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low

11. Axwell & Ingrosso – More Than You Know
12. The Chainsmokers – Honest
13. DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts [13-13]
14. Lorde – Perfect Places [1-5-14]
15. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry [35-15]
16. Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down [16-16]
17. Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appetit [1-4-4-17]
18. Blondage – Dive
19. Blondage – Stoned
20. Sigala & Ella Eyre – Came Here For Love [20-20]
21. Justin Bieber & BloodPop – Friends
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer [9-18-32-x-23-22]
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23]
24. Miley Cyrus – Malibu [12-7-24]
25. P!nk – What About Us
26. The Weeknd – Reminder
27. Rudimental feat. James Arthur – Sun Comes Up
28. Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals – Back To You
29. DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne – I'm The One [31-13-11-29]
30. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [39-16-3-3-5-15-30]
31. Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
32. Kesha – Praying
33. Alma – Chasing Highs [31-33]
34. Sabrina Carpenter – Why
35. DNCE feat. Nicki Minaj – Kissing Strangers [39-10-9-35]
36. Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
37. Haim – Want You Back
38. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
39. Maggie Lindemann – Pretty Girl [25-26-39]
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 2 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #2
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Hi Jordan

Brilliant #1! Not a person on the site who's not loving it at the moment it seems. I liked Be the One a fair bit but I found her a pretty boring pop star prior to this but now I'm so glad she's getting all this success. I hope she doesn't take a massive break in between eras and kill the hype she's created..

Yay at Reminder entering here, you guys in the US are so lucky getting this as a single whilst we get stuff a different release sad.gif This is so smooth and I love the remix too with Young Thug & ASAP Rocky. Nothing on the album is as good as the first two amazing singles for me though.

Enjoying What About Us at the moment so I'm glad it's turning into a hit for her. I was really sceptical at her chances of getting a smash when she first announced it but it as an undeniable pop song so I'm chuffed that she's still doing so well so far into her career. Very excited for the album and loving her style/look this era already wub.gif

Pleased for Everything Now entering here too. I'd never really taken much notice of them before but this really hit me, the instrumental is so joyous and I love how the song really builds as it goes on - the fairly long runtime works in its favour for sure. The album was nice too but nothing was even half as good as this imo ...

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
M4NG0
post Sep 5 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 151

Hey Jordan, hope you're well and enjoying the summer cool.gif

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules I still find it utterly surreal that this actually went to #1! So deserved though, easily the best thing she's done. How's she doing in the US?
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente I don't really get the fuss with this, can't really understand why it's done quite so well... guess that's just me though!
10. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low This is quite a tune actually, and I don't really get why it hasn't been a big hit. It's catchy, he sounds great on it, the production is decent and it radio play. I guess it's just a bit too generic?
12. The Chainsmokers – Honest This is actually one of my favourite Chainsmokers songs and I thought it was being pushed as a single but it doesn't look like it has been.
21. Justin Bieber & BloodPop – Friends Not the best thing he's ever done but it is steadily growing on me. I think it will hang around the Top 10 for a while too, far longer than 2U did anyway.
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23] Still enjoying this but I'm glad Havana is finally getting some success biggrin.gif
25. P!nk – What About Us YESSSS!! My fave new entry, I'm glad you've charted it and relatively quickly too! And as a bit of a self-confessed P!nk stan, I'm so chuffed that she's still getting big hits this far into her career dance.gif do you think it has a chance of going Top 10 for you?
28. Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals – Back To You Really enjoying this at the moment, I like that it's so different from his last single. I thought he would be the least likely ex-1Der to get a solo Top 10 tbh but here he is with two of them!
29. DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne – I'm The One [31-13-11-29]
32. Kesha – Praying I liked this enough for it to make #1 in my chart but I've found I've bored of it really quickly. Her album has some great songs on it though!
37. Haim – Want You Back I wanted something just a little different from them this era. Definitely not as strong as their last for me, although having said that I'm enjoying the second single much more than this one!
38. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction One of the dance songs of the year dance.gif
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now Definitely my favourite Arcade Fire song. That intro is just sublime!

Great chart this month biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Sep 5 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #4
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Hey Riser,

Great #1, I'm glad you are a fan like I am. cheer.gif

Get Low is a surprise Top 10 this month then, but I quite like that one too. happy.gif

My other highlights are Kesha, Bruno Mars and Arcade Fire. cool.gif

And as always, please be sure to check out my chart for this week — Top 40 Countdown by awardinary (W/E 07/09/2017).

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Sep 7 2017, 03:10 AM
Post #5
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Hi Jord here is what I like from your month of music!

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules FAB number one heart.gif
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente FREEZE
4. Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris – Craving You [1-11-16-10-4] heart.gif
5. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar [6-1-5] heart.gif
8. Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato – No Promises [21-12-8] heart.gif
9. Shawn Mendes – There’s Nothing Holdin' Me Back [33-20-8-9] heart.gif
13. DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts [13-13] heart.gif
14. Lorde – Perfect Places [1-5-14] heart.gif
15. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry [35-15] heart.gif
16. Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down [16-16] heart.gif
17. Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appetit [1-4-4-17] heart.gif
18. Blondage – Dive
20. Sigala & Ella Eyre – Came Here For Love [20-20] heart.gif
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer [9-18-32-x-23-22] heart.gif
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23] heart.gif
24. Miley Cyrus – Malibu [12-7-24] heart.gif
25. P!nk – What About Us heart.gif
27. Rudimental feat. James Arthur – Sun Comes Up heart.gif
29. DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne – I'm The One [31-13-11-29] heart.gif
30. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [39-16-3-3-5-15-30] heart.gif
32. Kesha – Praying heart.gif
37. Haim – Want You Back
38. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction dance.gif
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now heart.gif

Great Chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 7 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #6
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Jordan!

Dua at #1 on yet another Personal Chart tongue.gif It is a great song though, amazed it's done so well in the UK! I like the fact it's a unique style and not trendchasing as well.

Nice to see Mi Gente here as well! Very happy it's done so well chartwise as well without a featured artist! I think it's by far my favourite of the Latin tracks coming over to the mainstream atm (although that would be different if Major Lazer's Sua Cara was doing anything cry.gif ).

More Than You Know here as well - If this was your chart last month I'd probably have been ecstatic that this was here but it's a little too late now for me unfortunately, it is of course a good song but I've heard it too much sad.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Sep 8 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #7
Only here for the cereal

QUOTE(Josh! @ Sep 2 2017, 08:25 AM) *
Hi Jordan

Brilliant #1! Not a person on the site who's not loving it at the moment it seems. I liked Be the One a fair bit but I found her a pretty boring pop star prior to this but now I'm so glad she's getting all this success. I hope she doesn't take a massive break in between eras and kill the hype she's created..

Yay at Reminder entering here, you guys in the US are so lucky getting this as a single whilst we get stuff a different release sad.gif This is so smooth and I love the remix too with Young Thug & ASAP Rocky. Nothing on the album is as good as the first two amazing singles for me though.

Enjoying What About Us at the moment so I'm glad it's turning into a hit for her. I was really sceptical at her chances of getting a smash when she first announced it but it as an undeniable pop song so I'm chuffed that she's still doing so well so far into her career. Very excited for the album and loving her style/look this era already wub.gif

Pleased for Everything Now entering here too. I'd never really taken much notice of them before but this really hit me, the instrumental is so joyous and I love how the song really builds as it goes on - the fairly long runtime works in its favour for sure. The album was nice too but nothing was even half as good as this imo ...

Great chart biggrin.gif
Hi Josh! Similar thoughts on Dua Lipa, I really never got the hype for her but this and Be The One are just exceptional and I'm suddenly quite happy for her succeeding too! laugh.gif

Yesss, I think Reminder's a much better single choice than Rockin' but I actually haven't heard it here, just in Canada when I was there last month. It's a shame nothing else of his became a proper hit after I Feel It Coming.

Yeah I'm not an Arcade Fire fan at all but Everything Now is just incredible, deserves a higher peak but I just haven't listened as much as I should. Beautiful song wub.gif

Thanks for commenting! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(M4NG0 @ Sep 5 2017, 01:29 PM) *
Hey Jordan, hope you're well and enjoying the summer cool.gif

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules I still find it utterly surreal that this actually went to #1! So deserved though, easily the best thing she's done. How's she doing in the US?
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente I don't really get the fuss with this, can't really understand why it's done quite so well... guess that's just me though!
10. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low This is quite a tune actually, and I don't really get why it hasn't been a big hit. It's catchy, he sounds great on it, the production is decent and it radio play. I guess it's just a bit too generic?
12. The Chainsmokers – Honest This is actually one of my favourite Chainsmokers songs and I thought it was being pushed as a single but it doesn't look like it has been.
21. Justin Bieber & BloodPop – Friends Not the best thing he's ever done but it is steadily growing on me. I think it will hang around the Top 10 for a while too, far longer than 2U did anyway.
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23] Still enjoying this but I'm glad Havana is finally getting some success biggrin.gif
25. P!nk – What About Us YESSSS!! My fave new entry, I'm glad you've charted it and relatively quickly too! And as a bit of a self-confessed P!nk stan, I'm so chuffed that she's still getting big hits this far into her career dance.gif do you think it has a chance of going Top 10 for you?
28. Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals – Back To You Really enjoying this at the moment, I like that it's so different from his last single. I thought he would be the least likely ex-1Der to get a solo Top 10 tbh but here he is with two of them!
32. Kesha – Praying I liked this enough for it to make #1 in my chart but I've found I've bored of it really quickly. Her album has some great songs on it though!
37. Haim – Want You Back I wanted something just a little different from them this era. Definitely not as strong as their last for me, although having said that I'm enjoying the second single much more than this one!
38. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction One of the dance songs of the year dance.gif
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now Definitely my favourite Arcade Fire song. That intro is just sublime!

Great chart this month biggrin.gif
Hi Mango! I've had a good summer but it went too fast, the weather here feels like mid-October already sad.gif
1. Yup, still a surreal #1 for me too! It's just starting to pick up steam here, top 30 on Spotify and almost top 50 on iTunes!
2. Well if it means anything, I feel that way about all the Spanish hits except this one laugh.gif Although CNCO/Little Mix is sounding good!
10. I mean, the vocals do seem pretty generic, I would have no idea it was Liam Payne just from listening to it...which is a shame because otherwise it really suits him!
12. Yeah I thought it would too! It was pushed here but didn't get very far, peaked at like #77.
21. It's very solid and worthy of a long top 10 run wub.gif
23. Same! They both have really won me over after poor first impressions.
25. I'm a bit of a Pink stan too! We'll see about top 10, Just Like Fire fell short at #12 and I can see this coming equally close if not making my top 10.
28. Yeah I'm glad he managed it, but clearly the features have helped. Would be nice if he can have a hit single all on his own, otherwise I doubt he'll sell many albums!
32. It's really good for what it is, but not exactly the strongest ballad out there. She does have more potential hits on the album so fingers crossed!
37. Same! This one's also very belatedly growing on me.
38. Yeah it's good, better than I expected from a Jax/Demi collab and peaked higher than I thought it would!
40. Very much agreed wub.gif
Thanks very much! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ⓐⓦⓐⓡ^ @ Sep 5 2017, 01:47 PM) *
Hey Riser,

Great #1, I'm glad you are a fan like I am. cheer.gif

Get Low is a surprise Top 10 this month then, but I quite like that one too. happy.gif

My other highlights are Kesha, Bruno Mars and Arcade Fire. cool.gif

And as always, please be sure to check out my chart for this week — Top 40 Countdown by awardinary (W/E 07/09/2017).
Thanks awardinary! We need more Get Low love around here cheer.gif

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 6 2017, 11:10 PM) *
Hi Jord here is what I like from your month of music!

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules FAB number one heart.gif
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente FREEZE
4. Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris – Craving You [1-11-16-10-4] heart.gif
5. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar [6-1-5] heart.gif
8. Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato – No Promises [21-12-8] heart.gif
9. Shawn Mendes – There’s Nothing Holdin' Me Back [33-20-8-9] heart.gif
13. DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts [13-13] heart.gif
14. Lorde – Perfect Places [1-5-14] heart.gif
15. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry [35-15] heart.gif
16. Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down [16-16] heart.gif
17. Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appetit [1-4-4-17] heart.gif
18. Blondage – Dive
20. Sigala & Ella Eyre – Came Here For Love [20-20] heart.gif
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer [9-18-32-x-23-22] heart.gif
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23] heart.gif
24. Miley Cyrus – Malibu [12-7-24] heart.gif
25. P!nk – What About Us heart.gif
27. Rudimental feat. James Arthur – Sun Comes Up heart.gif
29. DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne – I'm The One [31-13-11-29] heart.gif
30. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [39-16-3-3-5-15-30] heart.gif
32. Kesha – Praying heart.gif
37. Haim – Want You Back
38. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction dance.gif
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now heart.gif

Great Chart biggrin.gif
Thanks Harry! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Sep 7 2017, 10:25 AM) *
Hi Jordan!

Dua at #1 on yet another Personal Chart tongue.gif It is a great song though, amazed it's done so well in the UK! I like the fact it's a unique style and not trendchasing as well.

Nice to see Mi Gente here as well! Very happy it's done so well chartwise as well without a featured artist! I think it's by far my favourite of the Latin tracks coming over to the mainstream atm (although that would be different if Major Lazer's Sua Cara was doing anything cry.gif ).

More Than You Know here as well - If this was your chart last month I'd probably have been ecstatic that this was here but it's a little too late now for me unfortunately, it is of course a good song but I've heard it too much sad.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif
Hi Pete! New Rules is certainly the most interesting #1 of the year so far. Mi Gente is by far my favorite Latin hit too! Haven't heard Sua Cara but I'll take that as a recommendation. Guess I'm late to More Than You Know - didn't hear it until its first chart show play. Guess I should try not to overplay it ohmy.gif

Thanks for commenting! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
M4NG0
post Sep 8 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

QUOTE(Floater @ Sep 8 2017, 05:55 AM) *
25. I'm a bit of a Pink stan too! We'll see about top 10, Just Like Fire fell short at #12 and I can see this coming equally close if not making my top 10.

#12? You're a bit of a flop stan tongue.gif

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post Sep 13 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Floater @ Sep 1 2017, 05:00 AM) *

1. Dua Lipa – New Rules
2. J Balvin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente
3. Brothers Osborne – It Ain’t My Fault [29-39-34-3] [b]I think you rather like these lately! smile.gif

4. Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris – Craving You [1-11-16-10-4] wow, long run!
5. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar [6-1-5]
18. Blondage – Dive
19. Blondage – Stoned
23. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club [19-6-23]
25. P!nk – What About Us
32. Kesha – Praying
40. Arcade Fire – Everything Now

Hi Jordan, lots of goodies in your chart, shame Blondage under-performed you-know-where, but it got squeezed out I think, rather than being not much liked, deserved better.

Good to see some great long-runners too!

cheers
john cool.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Sep 16 2017, 05:23 AM
Post #10
Only here for the cereal

QUOTE(M4NG0 @ Sep 8 2017, 07:16 AM) *
#12? You're a bit of a flop stan tongue.gif
It was good but not, like, super amazing kink.gif

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Sep 13 2017, 10:32 AM) *
Hi Jordan, lots of goodies in your chart, shame Blondage under-performed you-know-where, but it got squeezed out I think, rather than being not much liked, deserved better.

Good to see some great long-runners too!

cheers
john cool.gif
Thank you John!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 06:10 PM