BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Please pack your suitcase we are moving to the Retro Lounge, We have the weekend to collect anything we need from here
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SpamFritter
post Sep 1 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Take me as I am....
User: 321
Hi guys,

I know we will miss our little community here, we have had many happy years in our 'little bubble' but times change new singers are emerging every day and it is time for us to move.

I for one am very grateful for our time here.

Next week we are going to the Retro Lounge.

We have the weekend to collect anything you need from the threads.

However they will not be deleted but will be merged into the RL.

I have asked for some guidelines and will let you know when I get them.

This post has been edited by SpamFritter: Sep 1 2017, 08:05 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Sep 1 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334
Don't the forums get archived any more?

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 1 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Take me as I am....
Doesn't seem so....

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 1 2017, 12:31 AM) *
Secondly, yes, the move from a full forum to a retro thread so that you can continue to discuss Darius is going ahead. We're going to give you guys a few days to gather anything like chart runs or sales you may need (and even if you forget something, the topics won't be deleted, they'll just be mass moved to the depths of the retro forum) and we'll do it after the weekend.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Sep 1 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Is it only mods who can save and move stuff, Spamfritter?

If so, I'm happy to leave the decision about what is moved, to your and megham's judgement.

+Quote this post
Polly
post Sep 1 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,878
Not happy about them changing their minds about this only a few days after they said we could keep our own forum but at the same time like I said the other day it looks like it could work quite well only time will tell. How many topics can we put in retro. My suggestion for a topic heading is darius news, bits and pieces.

This post has been edited by polly: Sep 1 2017, 05:32 PM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 1 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I think the fact that they were archived and disallowed for posting but still very visible as subforums was confusing to some, which is why they were removed completely.

If it was said you could keep it I'm afraid that was a miscommunication - we were reviewing the state of the forums over the past few months and the amount of on-topic discussion in this forum had pretty much ground to a halt. What discussion there is about the little Darius is doing these days can be kept to one general, yes, bits and pieces thread just like most artists (although it wouldn't matter if a few extra topics for his career path as Baytree said in the other thread were also used).

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 1 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Take me as I am....
This is the reply I got back from RL,

I can pin anything on request, and there's only a few things pinned so far in retro - as far as I know only mods can make changes to their own forums, except supermods who can make changes to any. Normally when things gets moved it's the whole lot just changes location with nothing altered, but if there's anything that goes astray let me know (or a supermod) and we'll chase it. The Now album reviews were recently moved with no trouble, except it encouraged a few more folk to try the Retro lounge (which covers anything to the mid-noughties now)

Cheers!

This post has been edited by SpamFritter: Sep 1 2017, 06:14 PM

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Sep 1 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(polly @ Sep 1 2017, 05:33 PM) *
Not happy about them changing their minds about this only a few days after they said we could keep our own forum but at the same time like I said the other day it looks like it could work quite well only time will tell. How many topics can we put in retro. My suggestion for a topic heading is darius news, bits and pieces.

I'd prefer to split that into Darius Campbell news. And Darius Campbell Bits and Pieces where we can put items which are not yet confirmed and talk about Darius. The Hissmobile suggested these two topics.

Other than that I'd like one thread to hold all our pinned musical theatre reviews, including the Funny Girl Tour reviews. I should have them finished by tomorrow.

I'd also like to have an active picture/video thread if that's possible.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 1 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 1 2017, 07:48 PM) *
I'd prefer to split that into Darius Campbell news. And Darius Campbell Bits and Pieces where we can put items which are not yet confirmed and talk about Darius. The Hissmobile suggested these two topics.

Other than that I'd like one thread to hold all our pinned musical theatre reviews, including the Funny Girl Tour reviews. I should have them finished by tomorrow.

I'd also like to have an active picture/video thread if that's possible.

I'm back, changed my mind about taking a break, sorry for the confusion.

I am very sad because of the Darius forum going. I blame myself for taking part in the debates so much with the couple of members who wanted the Darius forum gone, so the arguments went for a long time on the Poster's Chart threads and in the New Artist Forums discussion page. I think those arguments about the future of the Darius forum may have snapped the moderators patience, leading them to axe the forum to stop the arguments about whether the Darius forum should stay or not.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Sep 1 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Darius Speaks

"No regrets, just experience" If you can't remember what it means get back to the thread.

"Onwards and upwards"

+Quote this post
Polly
post Sep 1 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I like the idea of having a thread for things that are not yet confirmed aswell smile.gif

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 1 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Take me as I am....
BT, from what I understand we will have all the threads as they are now.

We can ask for the FG reviews to be pinned.
We could see about merging the review threads.

We will not be able to have them all pinned but they will go back to the top if they are used.
We will just have to use them smile.gif

+Quote this post
Polly
post Sep 1 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Would also like a tread for when funny girl is released on dvd or for when it's coming on tv thankyou

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 1 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #14
Group icon
like I said the other day it looks like it could work quite well only time will tell

Tbh I think the threads in the retro lounge will have much less discussion than there has been recently in the forum, because of the reduced number of topics.

But then that's probably what those who decided to close this forum wanted tbh, its probably been an embarassment to them that the Darius Forum many of them call 'irrelevant' and 'a joke' has been doing well with activity recently.

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Sep 1 2017, 10:06 PM

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 1 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Take me as I am....
QUOTE(polly @ Sep 1 2017, 08:28 PM) *
Would also like a tread for when funny girl is released on dvd or for when it's coming on tv thankyou

We can add this info onto one of the threads we already have such as, What is Darius doing now.
Or even start a new thread.

As far as I can see we can operate as usual except it will not be just Darius stuff.

This post has been edited by SpamFritter: Sep 1 2017, 07:36 PM

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 1 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #16
Group icon
What about Julia W and eden do you think they will join us for the new threads on the retro forum? I hope neither of them will leave Buzzjack because of this change.

The title of this thread is quite appropriate as my feelings now with the forum about to close and move to the retro lounge is a bit like how I feel on the last day of a holiday, that sad feeling that something excellent is about to end, but that things will still be good after, just not quite as good as before!

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Sep 1 2017, 10:13 PM

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 2 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Take me as I am....
I hope they will pop in

+Quote this post
Julia W
post Sep 2 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 324
QUOTE(The Hissmobile @ Sep 1 2017, 11:03 PM) *
What about Julia W and eden do you think they will join us for the new threads on the retro forum? I hope neither of them will leave Buzzjack because of this change.

The title of this thread is quite appropriate as my feelings now with the forum about to close and move to the retro lounge is a bit like how I feel on the last day of a holiday, that sad feeling that something excellent is about to end, but that things will still be good after, just not quite as good as before!

I'm still here! biggrin.gif I've been here since Darius was just a thread on the Pop Forum so won't be going anywhere now. I don't post much but read a lot!! I'm sure everything will be fine in our new home cool2.gif
Thank you for all you have been doing to help us out! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
SpamFritter
post Sep 2 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Take me as I am....
QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 1 2017, 01:24 PM) *
Is it only mods who can save and move stuff, Spamfritter?

If so, I'm happy to leave the decision about what is moved, to your and megham's judgement.

As far as I know the whole forum will be moved and slotted into RL.

+Quote this post
eden
post Sep 2 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 393
Oh yes! And thasks for enquring
I will be right there,but will need a bit of tutoring and navigation from some of you
Not very goodles at all this- but have been a member forever! Thanks again and hope all works.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 PM