BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zara: I Didn't Even Think Ed would show up to make a song, New Interview with Grammy.com
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Sep 2 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #1
must be love on the brain 💕
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,161

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/pop-sta...beyoncé-so-good

QUOTE(Grammy.com)
At only 19 years old, Swedish pop singer/songwriter Zara Larsson has set her sights on world domination with her latest album, So Good.

One of Larsson's biggest American buzzworthy hits from the album so far is "Symphony," her collaboration with Clean Bandit, which came to life after the GRAMMY-winning group heard Larsson's "Lush Life" and approached her.

"We just recorded it. It sounds great. We did the video and boom it was out, very easy and very effortless," said Larsson. "So hopefully I'm going to be in the studio with them to write some more."

A more recent single, "Don't Let Me Be Yours," also resulted from a collaboration, this time between Larsson, Snow Patrol's Johnny McDaid, Steve Mac, and GRAMMY winner Ed Sheeran.

"[Johnny] just basically told me, 'Well, tomorrow when we have the session Ed might swing by,'" said Larsson. "We were just jamming and … I was like, 'Whatever, he's not going to show up, like, why would he do that?' And then he showed up! On time actually, and he was just the nicest guy."

Believe it or not, "Don't Let Me Be Yours" was not set to be on the album initially, but Larsson fought for it to make the cut because she felt the vibe between her and Sheeran in the studio was so natural.

"That's how I feel collabs should be, you know? You should work with each other in the studio and it should just come easy and that's what happened."

Speaking of Sheeran, Larsson has even incorporated a cover of his hit "Shape Of You" into her live shows.

"I'm still starting off, and I think my biggest song to this day is definitely "Never Forget You" here in America, so I think I want that element of, 'Oh, you know this one,' to keep [the audience] interested and keep them singing along."

Larsson lists Beyoncé as part of a wide range of influences from various genres, but still understands that her music is undeniably pop. Most importantly, she is maintaining an open mind and letting her sound develop naturally.

"Honestly, I don't really know what I want, I don't have this vision where I want it to sound like this," Larsson said. "I'm super open to everything."

Hopefully she knows what she wants more for ZL3, 'So Good' was great but the era ended up quite messy lmaooo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Sep 2 2017, 11:40 PM
Post #2
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

The next era needs to be a bit more cohesive I mean having influences is good but I say in the sound of the era a more cohesive era wouldn't be bad at all.

+Quote Post
NorthsideHisser
post Sep 3 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #3
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I am hoping for a dance pop era from Zara. Her dance influenced songs I generally prefer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 08:02 PM