BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ♥ RESULTS ♥ Lounge Quizzes 7.2: Never Mind The BuzzJacks, Completed! Results on page 8
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 5 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

credit to dandy*

33 of you entered, come and find out what all these songs were and who won this edition as I kick off results at about 6:30pm!

~~~

Here's a taste of some of the kind of answers we have coming up tonight

"Ross playing the bagpipes in Friends"

"Michelle McManus Middle Eastern remix"

"MORE DRAMATIC VERSION OF THE KETCHUP SONG BY LAS KETCHUP"

"I know this ffs 😂 Let's go with the ma ma pa pa fake version of perfect illusion even though I know it ain't that 😂 "

kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 5 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #2
Just another burden on the welfare state
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I think I'll be lucky to get any points in this laugh.gif Looking forward to seeing how hilariously wrong some of my guesses were

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 5 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #3
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

oops I totez forgot to put random #jadefaves in the ones I didn't get :')

+Quote Post
28 Brays Later
post Sep 5 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #4
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I managed to get a 12th one by chance a couple of days after I submitted so hoping I got at least one of my random artist guesses right so I scraped 50% lol ~~

(although actually I'm not totally certain that one of my proper answers was right... shall find that out very soon though tongue.gif)

Excited to find out what the rest of these were ~

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post Sep 5 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #5
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Hopefully, I did pretty well in this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pumpkin Rollo
post Sep 5 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry to be pedantic but we are still on British Summer Time. So 6.30 GMT is not 6.30pm today. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 5 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

^ Oh yes, BST tongue.gif anyway, let's go!

01: Bombay Bicycle Club - 'Luna'

I decided to begin this round with an indie song that just melts me every time. The fairly chilled production has a few different layers to it so I thought it would be recognisable to those who know it. 'Luna' was released in 2014 and sadly missed the top 75 entirely... an injustice if ever I saw one. At least the accompanying album 'So Long, See You Tomorrow' did go to #1 in the UK however. I should probably delve into the discography of Bombay Bicycle Club more as I am very much a fan of 'Shuffle' too.

Congratulations to the 12 of you who are off to the best possible start here by guessing this one correctly! Then we had a wide range of guesses, from Robbie Williams to... Vera Lynn. It did make me chuckle that M4NG0 actually did follow the advice of my OP to answer every song you didn't know with queen Vera. *.* Coldplay were the most commonly guessed act here, otherwise fellow chilled out alternative acts I like such as alt-J and The xx were a sensible bet as a guess.

[01] - danG, DalekTurret32, Capybréra, HarryEzra, Cherry., Chez Wombat, dandy*, Jacřb, Rush, Klaus, AaronTM, Iz~ (12)

[0] - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This - Mack (01)

[0] - Coldplay - Josh! (01)

[0] - know this ugh, xx? Coldplay? - UltraReputation (01)

[0] - Ellie Goulding - 'The Writer' - Brett-Butler (01)

[0] - The Cranberries - 'Dreams' - THEO. (01)

[0] - Alt-J? idk doesn't sound like them but I thought they'd be here somewhere maybe - Liam (01)

[0] - Sounds Katy Perryish - BillyH (01)

[0] - Robbie Williams - 'Freedom' - Floater (01)

[0] - Vera Lynn - M4NG0 (01)

[0] - Carly Rae Jepsen - 'I Really Really Really Like You' - Brett-Butler (01)

[0] - Marina & The Diamonds - Dobbo (01)

[0] - Fickle Friends - PeteFromLeeds (01)

[0] - Arcade Fire - StillJupiter (01)

[0] - Cheryl - 'Fight For This Love' - Sarah (01)

[0] No answer - King Rollo, n4yr, BridgeCow, Oliver, Separate, J▲hq, Awardinary, Jay (08)

+Quote Post
28 Brays Later
post Sep 5 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #8

Well that was the one I was not 100% sure on, so hooray! I was thinking it sounded slightly different to the actual song but close enough that it'd surely be a case of copyright infringement if it wasn't right kink.gif amaze song to start on wub.gif definitely my favourite song by them, criminal that it wasn't a hit.

+Quote Post
Jo...shh! It...
post Sep 5 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #9
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Omg, I love Luna! laugh.gif Probably my favourite (Feel is a close second) and definitely my most played Bombay Bicycle Club song of them all. I can't believe I didn't recognise that drama.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 5 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

Never heard that one unfortunately sad.gif At least I was in the right ball park with Fickle Friends

+Quote Post
Pumpkin Rollo
post Sep 5 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I didn't know any of the first five. Looking forward to seeing what they are.

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 5 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

02: Paramore - 'Monster'

Next up we have a parallel to my previous round of Never Mind The Buzzjacks from last year! As once again I chose Paramore for #2. I swear that is a coincidence that I just realised after! This was a pretty difficult one as nobody got it correct until player #8, Liam. I can see why as the production of this one isn't quite as distinctive as the likes of 'Misery Business' or 'Ignorance'. Plus the clip was pretty short as well as the vocals come in so quickly and all the karaoke versions were terrible. Anyway, I have always found this brilliant song incredibly underrated in their discography! It is in my top 3 of their songs along with 'Ignorance' and 'Crushcrushcrush'. 'Monster' was released back in 2011 and charted at #21 in the UK. It was another soundtrack release for them following 'Decode', as it was featured on Transformers: Dark of the Moon OST.

Once again 12 of you get this right! Although a further three of you also get half marks for a correct artist guess, well done to those who heard rock production and thought Paramore. Those who didn't quite get Paramore still went down the guitar route, Bray and BillyH's thinking out loud highlighting that well in particular. All of these are pretty sensible guesses tbh.

[01] - Liam, HarryEzra, Cherry., BridgeCow, Oliver, dandy*, Jacřb, M4NG0, J▲hq, StillJupiter, Jay, Iz~ (12)

[0.5] - Paramore - Brett-Butler, Dobbo, Awardinary (03)

[0] - The Futureheads - 'The Beginning of the Twist' - Mack (01)

[0] - Muse? no idea so guessing a random guitar band - Capybréra (01)

[0] - Snow Patrol - Josh! (01)

[0] - The Libertines? First rock band that came to mind... - BillyH (01)

[0] - Foo Fighters - 'Times Like These' - Floater (01)

[0] - some nouhhties indie band - UltraReputation (01)

[0] - Kaiser Chiefs - PeteFromLeeds (01)

[0] No answer - danG, DalekTurret32, THEO., King Rollo, n4yr, Separate, Chez Wombat, Rush, Klaus, AaronTM, Sarah (11)

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 5 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #13
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

f*** i be a FLOP STAN drama.gif

tbf I don't revisit Monster as much as the rest but I did consider they might be in this quiz dry.gif

+Quote Post
Dalek-xorcist32
post Sep 5 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #14
I saw it coming like the shadow on the wall
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Luna is such a good song.
I remember getting So Long See You Tomorrow on vinyl back in November 2015. I just returned from a record fair with three coloured 7-inches (Colourburst, The Pigeon Detectives and SixNationState)

I do not remember the sound of that Paramore song

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Sep 5 2017, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
28 Brays Later
post Sep 5 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #15

Ahh, well that is not my favourite Paramore song ever but a good tune nonetheless *. must have just missed the Paramore sound ~

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 5 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #16
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Well, half a point for the first 2 questions is better than I thought. Looks like the "when in doubt, go for Paramore when you hear guitars" strategy seems to have paid off.

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 5 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

03: Taylor Swift - 'Look What You Made Me Do'

Next up I made a switcheroo at the very last minute so I could have a super up-to-date inclusion. Here we have the current #1 single and Taylor's first ever UK #1 at that. The song has proven divisive (with the negative comments often pointing out how underwhelming the chorus is or finding the subject matter eyeroll worthy) although the (not so subtle) video has generally received positive comments with its big budget directed by Joseph Khan ways. This is already my favourite Taylor Swift lead single, in particular I like the Lorde-esque bridge and the middle 8 as well. The chorus is the weakest part but it's still solid for me anyway. Also... grab that relevance in 2017 Right Said Fred. I look forward to seeing what else comes from the 'Reputation' era.

This time the fully correct answers double from the previous question. I wanted to test how omnipresent this song would become straight away by seeing if you guys recognised that fairly short intro part. The production switches up as soon as that intro finishes so well done 24 of you. Taylor Swift AF mods Liam and UltraReputation both get this one right thankfully kink.gif Also, Bray wanted me to point out what his original answer was going to be until he figured this one out, so that was: "sounds like some average pop song which sounds good for the first 10 seconds then turns into meh but as it's a Jade round it'll probably be something I actually like making this answer look silly xx" laugh.gif Anyway, I do love me some Mike Oldfield but sadly this wasn't quite one of his masterpieces. Little Mix is interesting, I can hear 'DNA' similarities in the production. Then I love how Pete has answered Beethoven for the most recent inclusion in this NMTBJ. Just a few centuries out x

[01] - Mack, danG, THEO., n4yr, Capybréra, Liam, HarryEzra, Cherry., BridgeCow, Oliver, Josh!, Chez Wombat, dandy*, Floater, Rush, Klaus, M4NG0, AaronTM, J▲hq, UltraReputation, StillJupiter, Awardinary, Jay, Sarah (24)

[0] - Mike Oldfield - Jacřb (01)

[0] - Little Mix - BillyH (01)

[0] - Beethoven - PeteFromLeeds (01)

[0] No answer - DalekTurret32, King Rollo, Separate, Brett-Butler, Dobbo, Iz~ (06)

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 5 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Sep 5 2017, 06:42 PM) *
Well, half a point for the first 2 questions is better than I thought. Looks like the "when in doubt, go for Paramore when you hear guitars" strategy seems to have paid off.

Unfortunately the "when in doubt, go for Kaiser Chiefs when you hear guitars because it'll be really embarrassing if you miss one of their songs" isn't.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 5 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

What???????

Okay I'm suitably embarrassed now. I'm sure Beethoven and Taylor Swift have plenty in common though.

+Quote Post
Dalek-xorcist32
post Sep 5 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #20
I saw it coming like the shadow on the wall
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

3. I should have known that it was that Taylor song.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:00 AM