BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What would you do if Buzzjack closed down?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jo...shh! It...
post Sep 7 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

With our recent warm welcome to many Spice Girls fans on Buzzjack due to the potential closure of their forum, it got me thinking what life would be like without Buzzjack...

The first thing I'd do is run and save all my personal charts because I don't have them stored anywhere else. Obviously, the best thing would be all migrating to another forum but it would be weird starting somewhere new with people that already frequent that forum plus it would be a huge shame if not everybody followed and we lost some regulars from here. I think I have a fair few of you on various forms of social media so I'd definitely try and keep in touch but I check this pkace daily no matter what so life would definitely be weird without having it here.

Obviously, this is all hypothetical ! I don't think Buzzjack is in any danger of being shut down ?!? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LewisTScream
post Sep 7 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

Probably go outside some more laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 7 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #3
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Buzzjack backup site magic.gif if one of the mods actually accepted my registration

I don't know honestly, I'd try and find a way of creating a new forum from scratch, we do seem like such a massive community to jump on a plane and go to another forum, I could see us probably drowning them out laugh.gif I would need somewhere to discuss the charts though.

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 7 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I guess this already happened back in the day when people had to migrate from CoolClarity to BuzzJack!

I really hope this does not happen for a long time, BuzzJack is most definitely my favourite site to browse and I check it daily. I love the community, moderating The Lounge and the things that make this place what it is - from BJSC to Michelle McManus stanning. I would be quite gutted to lose this site and all its history (I do often look back at old threads like past BJSC final results or popularity contest results when I'm bored) but I guess we'd just have to move somewhere else. I really feel for the DenDen people, 'cause being in their shoes I would hate to have to start afresh.

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 7 2017, 04:45 PM) *
Probably go outside some more laugh.gif

also maybe this

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Sep 7 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #5
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't be too bothered. I have pretty much had enough of this website anyway recently and am only staying here for a few small reasons.

+Quote Post
jessie j
post Sep 7 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HatedOnBuzz-Jack @ Sep 7 2017, 05:01 PM) *
I wouldn't be too bothered. I have pretty much had enough of this website anyway recently and am only staying here for a few small reasons.

Can you STOP with this massive over-reaction just because the Darius forum closed? Seriously, nobody else is complaining and a month ago you didn't ever post in it - the reason it closed was because in the long term, it was inactive, not because the mods are power-hungry or whatever. The mods are normal humans on an online forum, not monsters like you've been making out.

Changing your username to 'HatedOnBuzz-Jack' and being under the impression you'll finish last in Buzzrate JUST because some people got pissed at your obsession with the Darius forum isn't going to solve anything, I think you'll find that a majority of Buzzjack don't hate you, and it's still the same website it's been since you joined with the exception that a small inactive forum is in the Retro Lounge, so plz stop acting like everything's turned upside down and Buzzjack has become an elaborate ploy to rake in money and users.

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Sep 7 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #7
Hiss Hiss Bish.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Sep 7 2017, 05:12 PM) *
Can you STOP with this massive over-reaction just because the Darius forum closed? Seriously, nobody else is complaining and a month ago you didn't ever post in it - the reason it closed was because in the long term, it was inactive, not because the mods are power-hungry or whatever. The mods are normal humans on an online forum, not monsters like you've been making out.

Changing your username to 'HatedOnBuzz-Jack' and being under the impression you'll finish last in Buzzrate JUST because some people got pissed at your obsession with the Darius forum isn't going to solve anything, I think you'll find that a majority of Buzzjack don't hate you, and it's still the same website it's been since you joined with the exception that a small inactive forum is in the Retro Lounge, so plz stop acting like everything's turned upside down and Buzzjack has become an elaborate ploy to rake in money and users.

I'm just not finding this website as fun as it used to be sadly, not because of that forum closing/ arguments about it but just the Lounge is a bit of a mess again with threads like AWWWWWWWWW and Mufti Day and I don't really feel like posting there much any more sadly.

This post has been edited by HatedOnBuzz-Jack: Sep 7 2017, 04:21 PM

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Sep 7 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #8
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

mufti day isn't a spam thread? neither is the aww thread both have discussion

+Quote Post
Regina
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

Neither of those topics are spam though? And you of all people should know what spam is by now....

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
Post #10
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(HatedOnBuzz-Jack @ Sep 7 2017, 05:20 PM) *
I'm just not finding this website as fun as it used to be sadly, not because of that forum closing/ arguments about it but just the Lounge is a bit of a mess again with spam threads like AWWWWWWWWW and Mufti Day and I don't really feel like posting there much any more sadly.

The Mufti Day thread was a genuine discussion/query on my part but whatever... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 7 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Yeah Mufti Day is hardly a spam thread! laugh.gif it's quite an interesting topic to bring up when so many people didn't even realise it was a thing.

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
Post #12
Hiss Hiss Bish.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Sep 7 2017, 05:21 PM) *
mufti day isn't a spam thread?

I changed my original post, I realized it wasn't and I worded it wrongly. I guess I have just become a bit demoralised recently on here.

+Quote Post
Jo...shh! It...
Post #13
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

omg my poor thread getting dragged into this </3 and poor mufti day thread too, that was legitimate life changing discussion, who knew that it wasn't a universal term ?! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
SpookE
post Sep 7 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #14
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Snake, if you think that the lounge is spam filled, you are of course welcome to post your own threads and contributions in order to redress the balance smile.gif

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post Sep 7 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #15

On the actual topic: I think I'd be kinda lost if Buzzjack shut! laugh.gif In terms of my free time that is. I'd probably just migrate to another forum but it wouldn't be the same. I guess I'd have to do a mass personal chart back-up spree like Josh! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post Sep 7 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #16
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I have no idea what I would do if Buzzjack closed down laugh.gif I would care a bunch actually I would probs get my charts too tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Sep 7 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #17
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

i doubt i'd go to another forum unless all of ya'll went too, i joined mainly for the community

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Sep 7 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #18
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

we'd all have to migrate to the same forum, possibly a brand new one - it just wouldn't be the same without the Buzzjack regulars and the community spirit unique to this forum.

I really hope this doesn't happen though, and I think at least for the foreseeable future we should be more than fine. The new site will come sometime in the next 5 years (probably!!) so it's not like the site is in danger of dying at the moment.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 7 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #19
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

'If BUZZJACK ITSELF were to shut down...' teas tongue.gif

Actually going to re-read what I said in that thread which was before my leave off the site (almost 2 years ago now!) and compare it to what I'll right now *.*

QUOTE('Spadgemobile @ Sep 21 2015, 09:35 PM) *
Seeing as one of the most popular Buzzjack-related but not Buzzjack communities, plug.dj, may well be saying goodbye and becoming unplugged, I wonder, if BUZZJACK ITSELF were to go, tomorrow, next week, next year, how would you cope? Would it be easy for you? Would it be sad to lose connection with so many people on here that you would have no other way of contacting?

I don't think I actually made a proper response to my own thread... :') but nowadays I'll probably force myself into something else. Probably still on the internet kink.gif it's pretty much just the wide variety of members that make it a nice place so jumping ship to a new forum would be ok (as long as it doesn't miss the main features or the shoutbox)

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post Sep 7 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 7 2017, 05:38 PM) *
we'd all have to migrate to the same forum, possibly a brand new one - it just wouldn't be the same without the Buzzjack regulars and the community spirit unique to this forum.

Off to the back-up site? basil.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:06 PM