BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nicki Minaj vs. Cardi B, Is there a "feud"?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Sep 7 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

You may have heard of Cardi B from her smash rap hit "Bodak Yellow" which is blowing up worldwide right now. As with any successful female rapper, internet stans are already looking at hidden meanings and hints in their social media posts and interviews in order to create beef between Nicki and Cardi.

Both artists have been quick to deny any feud between the two of them but could there be any truth to the rumours? Apparently Rema Ma & Cardi B even have a collab planned and Nicki Minaj recently called Foxy Brown "the only thing" she competes with.

“I heard these labels are trying to make another me. Everything you’re getting little hoe is because of me” - Are these lyrics from Nicki's collaboration with London On Da Track on "No Flag" a dig at Cardi, perhaps?

What do you think? Is there real tension between the two ladies, is it a publicity stunt or is it simply the internet making something out of nothing? Should we be expecting "No Frauds"/Remy Ma-esque diss tracks on the horizon or could we be lucky enough to be getting a "Watch the Throne" style collaboration album? w00t.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Sep 8 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I don't really care about all these rap feuds because there seems to be a new one every day but I do find it interesting from a label/marketing perspective.

I know Lady Leshurr said that she was offered a massive US record deal as long as she pitted herself against Nicki Minaj and I think there was another US rapper too who got offered the same. It's just disappointing that that's what labels are looking for, rather than actually supporting the talent.

It makes you wonder if Nicki is being pushed to start feuds with all these other upcoming rappers so that she can stay on top of her game?

+Quote this post
danG
post Sep 8 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
If anything I'm surprised they haven't had a feud yet, it's only a matter of time seeing as every other female rapper seems to beef with Nicki for reasons of gaining publicity or otherwise.

I'd be very surprised if they did a collab anyway.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 8 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
I agree with Klaus that it's almost hard to keep up with all these rapper feuds but I think a lot of it is just media created. I don't think there's really any real reason to have tension between Nicki and Cardi so I hope it isn't true but media outlets and social media fans seem certain that every interaction or lyric as a dig at the other laugh.gif

Unfortunately, I don't think a Bodak Yellow (Nicki Minaj Remix) is on the way though sad.gif Probably a good thing because I would probably die.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 22 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
Nicki Minaj fans on Twitter are teaming up with Taylor Swift fans and buying/streaming "Look What You Made Me Do" in an attempt to stop "Bodak Yellow" from snatching the top spot in the US Billboard Hot 100 charts.

It's stuff like this that gives stan culture a bad name drama.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 25 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
That's so tragic! I'm surprised that Minaj fans would do that after the Taylor/Nicki beef a few years back.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 25 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Nicki doesn't seem to care, she's tweeted congrats to Cardi! Some stans are honestly pathetic drama.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 25 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 25 2017, 09:36 PM) *
Nicki doesn't seem to care, she's tweeted congrats to Cardi! Some stans are honestly pathetic drama.gif

It is completely crazy when stans take it this far. Nicki Minaj is probably my favourite artist of all-time and I absolutely adore "Bodak Yellow" and I'm chuffed it's gone to the top spot in the US. I can't see why more than one successful female rapper can't exist at one time without news outlets and social media creating some sort of feud or animosity between the two and their fanbases laugh.gif drama.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 26 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 25 2017, 09:36 PM) *
This was a nice little encounter on Twitter. It's nice to see them showing each other support wub.gif

@NICKIMINAJ: "Congratulations to a fellow NEW YAWKA on a RECORD BREAKING achievement. Bardi, this is the only thing that matters!!! Enjoy it💕💞🎀 @iamcardib"

@iamcardib: "Thank you!! This means sooo much coming from you!! ❤️"

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 26 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Taylor was so right - it really isn't Nicki to pit women against one another and it's great to see her publicly congratulating Cardi!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 26 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #11
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Weren't Taylor and Cardi also supporting each other? I don't know why Swifties are inserting themselves into a nonexistent feud.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 26 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
Azealia Banks has had her say on it (of course heehee.gif)

On Cardi B: "I thought she was going to be a Latina hottie and not a poor mans nicki. It went the other way now I’m over it."

"Charlemagne and black men in hiphop should have gotten me, remy AND nicki a number one before they gave cardi or iggy one"

"Black industry men are too hype for this Latina girl I’ve never seen them jump like this for remy or nicki. Spinning this ‘for the culture’ story when they are simply letting white men at Atlantic buy them into hating their own women."

drama.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:19 AM