BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celebrity Big Brother US, 7th Feb
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Sep 8 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

Celebrity Big Brother is launching in the US for the first time ever.

The celebrity edition has been a flagship BB spin-off in the UK for over 10 years. However, a celeb version has never aired in the US, which may explain why the UK edition pulls so many American stars.

Indeed, previous housemates on this side of the Pond have included Heidi and Spencer Pratt, Chad Johnson, Gary Busey, Michael Madsen, Perez Hilton, Ray J, Aubrey O'Day and Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino, to name but a few.

All that may change in winter 2018, however, when a US celebrity version comes to America.

The series will air on CBS and be hosted by Big Brother veteran Julie Chen.

"We're being realistic," Chen told The Hollywood Reporter. "It's not going to be all Oscar winners.

"But maybe we'll have someone who won an Oscar decades ago. Whoever casts Dancing with the Stars does an amazing job. They don't always get all household names, but some people kind of reinvent themselves and suddenly I see that person all over the tabloids.

"Sometimes these types of shows, like in the UK [version], some of the washed-up names that went into it got a new lease of life. And the big names that went in, it was a little bit too up close and personal. Those people did themselves in with letting the public see who they really are."

She said of possible future seasons: "If the model works and it has a big following and makes the money, we're no fools. Let's recreate the magic again. I don't know if it will be an every winter thing or will have an effect on the summer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
travis
post Sep 8 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #2
bombay black galactic jack
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

My jaw literally DROPPED when I heard the announcement. I'm so ready for US BB house to be filled with trashy reality stars and youtubers! YAAAAAAAAAAS

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Sep 8 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #3
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

For all I know this is CBS doing damage control after the shitstorm that is this current season of BB.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

If I could have ONE wish for this, it's that they don't cop out and have ex housemates as "celebrities", and that they have someone from Drag Race in the cast.

+Quote Post
jαsє
post Sep 8 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #5
\_(ツ)_/
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Speidi have probs already signed up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(jase. @ Sep 8 2017, 09:14 PM) *
Speidi have probs already signed up laugh.gif

And Trisha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Sep 8 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #7
i ain't scared no more
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 8 2017, 06:29 PM) *
If I could have ONE wish for this, it's that they don't cop out and have ex housemates as "celebrities", and that they have someone from Drag Race in the cast.

I hope someone from Drag Race does it, at least that would be one person I know (and maybe it would encourage Joseph to watch some Drag Race basil.gif (or more likely, some DR fans to watch this season of BB))

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 10 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #8

Barely 48 hours of being announced and we've already got a BradTheLadLong fake line-up rotf.gif it's quite funny for once actually as US fans dont know so are falling for it.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 1 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Rumours: Johnny Bananas and Camila from MTV's The Challenge are rumoured to on Celebrity Big Brother.
Could be very true. Victor Arroyo was just confirmed for the next season of The Challenge. Seems there's going to be a lot of Back and Forth between Big Brother/The Challenge.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 30 2017, 02:29 AM
Post #10

Blac Chyna and Sammi Giancola (no idea who she is, apparently Jersey Shore) are rumoured. With Jersey Shore coming back in 2018 i'm almost certain one of them will end up on it!

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Nov 30 2017, 04:03 AM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

OH MY GOD BLAC CHYNA rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif

These shows have been really good at poaching Jersey Shore people since Snooki went on DWTS, should be interesting to see Sammi on here.

+Quote Post
jαsє
post Nov 30 2017, 04:24 AM
Post #12
\_(ツ)_/
   No Gallery Pics

Blac Chyna's a big name ohmy.gif Good on them if they get her!

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Nov 30 2017, 09:38 AM
Post #13
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

they should be more concerned about getting the challenges and twists done right alongside bringing in big interesting and diverse personalities, not just NAMES.

i feel this will be a bunch of jersey whore washed up extras and a few actors no one really knows. i mean getting a better cast than CBB UK shouldn't be a problem but who knows what the budget is for this thing

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Nov 30 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

There really isn’t much of a guideline in terms of CBS celebrity reality shows. The closest they’ve Come was that season of The Amazing Race with people from social media. I think CBB will be a little more diverse than that (I’m thinking probably Celebrity Apprentice would be a much better benchmark) but anything can happen at this point.

Predicting someone from The Bachelor franchise to show up here.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 30 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #15

Yeah i'm not expecting much from the names, I'd rather it was a well done series tbh. It's just nice to have another BB series to tide us over alongside as I expect this'll start just after UK CBB. Because it's a different country I'm not necessarily expecting that I'll know that many of the celebrities, because it's a different country so I'm gonna look at it like when I watch Australia's version I'm A Celeb where I tend to know like 4 or 5 laugh.gif If there's a couple I know, great, but as always with celeb things I'm gonna be realistic and remember that we're not gonna get like Kim and Kanye, Judge Judy and Michelle Obama laugh.gif I'd rather big reality characters I'd never heard of who are amazing to watch than say a big CBS star known WW who turns out to be boring af.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 1 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #16

Premieres 7th Feb and the final is the 25th :/ Very short series, I'm a bit worried about how the format will work but I'm assuming that perhaps there'll just be like a sort of quick play double eviction kind of thing for the evictions, that's fine when there's a double but it mars the way the game is played really if it can't be strategised on at all over a longer period.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 1 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Ah was hoping for a bit longer sad.gif Although I suppose our Celeb BB is sometimes a similar length. Maybe they're testing the waters as well seeing as it's the first series.

+Quote Post
jαsє
post Dec 1 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #18
\_(ツ)_/
   No Gallery Pics

18 days? Ugh sad.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Dec 1 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #19
i ain't scared no more
Member No.: 8,674

Hardly seems worth it but we'll see how it works and it was expected that it would be broadcast whilst the Winter Olympics are taking place and the dates coincide almost exactly laugh.gif

The upside is that hopefully bigger names are more willing to take part if they've only got to dedicate two and a half weeks to it

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 1 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #20

In most normal seasons they've only had one eviction in that time laugh.gif I feel like this is certainly gonna be a weird series but I suppose they can at least try and perhaps it'll take a season or two to settle in and for them to get it right.

Good point though about bigger names, I'm hoping that's right and some bigger names agreed to a shorter window so they shortened it. As much as I prefer characters over big names, if it's just gonna be 2 weeks of Jersey Shore and Bachelor(ette) people it ma as well be a normal season just stupidly short.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 06:09 PM