BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celebrity Big Brother US, Confirmed for Winter 2018 on CBS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LewisTScream
post Sep 8 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

Celebrity Big Brother is launching in the US for the first time ever.

The celebrity edition has been a flagship BB spin-off in the UK for over 10 years. However, a celeb version has never aired in the US, which may explain why the UK edition pulls so many American stars.

Indeed, previous housemates on this side of the Pond have included Heidi and Spencer Pratt, Chad Johnson, Gary Busey, Michael Madsen, Perez Hilton, Ray J, Aubrey O'Day and Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino, to name but a few.

All that may change in winter 2018, however, when a US celebrity version comes to America.

The series will air on CBS and be hosted by Big Brother veteran Julie Chen.

"We're being realistic," Chen told The Hollywood Reporter. "It's not going to be all Oscar winners.

"But maybe we'll have someone who won an Oscar decades ago. Whoever casts Dancing with the Stars does an amazing job. They don't always get all household names, but some people kind of reinvent themselves and suddenly I see that person all over the tabloids.

"Sometimes these types of shows, like in the UK [version], some of the washed-up names that went into it got a new lease of life. And the big names that went in, it was a little bit too up close and personal. Those people did themselves in with letting the public see who they really are."

She said of possible future seasons: "If the model works and it has a big following and makes the money, we're no fools. Let's recreate the magic again. I don't know if it will be an every winter thing or will have an effect on the summer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
travis
post Sep 8 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #2
bombay black galactic jack
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

My jaw literally DROPPED when I heard the announcement. I'm so ready for US BB house to be filled with trashy reality stars and youtubers! YAAAAAAAAAAS

+Quote Post
TheStareCrow-dy
post Sep 8 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #3
technique on fleek cause I'm ballet trained
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

For all I know this is CBS doing damage control after the shitstorm that is this current season of BB.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

If I could have ONE wish for this, it's that they don't cop out and have ex housemates as "celebrities", and that they have someone from Drag Race in the cast.

+Quote Post
jase.
post Sep 8 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #5
\_(ツ)_/
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Speidi have probs already signed up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(jase. @ Sep 8 2017, 09:14 PM) *
Speidi have probs already signed up laugh.gif

And Trisha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Sep 8 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #7
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 8 2017, 06:29 PM) *
If I could have ONE wish for this, it's that they don't cop out and have ex housemates as "celebrities", and that they have someone from Drag Race in the cast.

I hope someone from Drag Race does it, at least that would be one person I know (and maybe it would encourage Joseph to watch some Drag Race basil.gif (or more likely, some DR fans to watch this season of BB))

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 10 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #8

Barely 48 hours of being announced and we've already got a BradTheLadLong fake line-up rotf.gif it's quite funny for once actually as US fans dont know so are falling for it.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 1 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Rumours: Johnny Bananas and Camila from MTV's The Challenge are rumoured to on Celebrity Big Brother.
Could be very true. Victor Arroyo was just confirmed for the next season of The Challenge. Seems there's going to be a lot of Back and Forth between Big Brother/The Challenge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:33 PM