BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BJSC Country Flags: Meanings & Concepts
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Sep 14 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #1
Moana Lisa
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Weeeell I might as well ask this too then! tongue.gif I think this has had less discussion in general... Does your country FLAG have a meaning behind it or is it just something you thought looked cool? kink.gif Mine is the latter tbh (as far as I can remember) and I kinda wish I had thought it through more. I think I was just itching to register for the contest so just threw together something on Paint. I'm sure if I was to reflect on it now years later, I could come up with a meaning for those colours and shapes though happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Sep 14 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #2
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

lawl i was just messing around with Paint to make the pyramid and the background represents the chillout/tropical feel to the majority of my entries.

(and as for my original one let's forget it never existed xo)

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 14 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Mine was a quick Paint job during a sixth form lesson laugh.gif

I wanted mine to actually look like a flag so that's the reasoning behind the cross. I love the green and purple colour scheme and thought I'd have some fun with it by adding tacky kisses for Jadakissnia x I wish I'd made the cross a bit thicker but cba

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 14 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Mine is just the Finland flag with a yellow line over it that I made quickly in an ICT lesson in school heehee.gif

I don't have many photo editing/design skills so I just went super basic but at least it looks like a realistic country flag, I guess laugh.gif

Ajanaeda flag:

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Sep 14 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Was just messing around with the star tool on MS Paint and using a bunch of different colours xx

The backstory of my flag is that it's a composite of 5 more basic flags that represent each of the 5 states that make up the union magic.gif

+ + + +

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Sep 14 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #6
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I change my flag yearly but it's usually based around band symbols, the current one does have Lexa's commander symbol also tho, I cba hunting my thread down rn to include images kink.gif

*edit*

So this is my current one, purple/black/grey are the colours I always go for, the Lexa symbol is in the centre ofc and then the three horizontal grey lines relate to Paramore and the sorta hooky thingys in black are Tonight Alive

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Sep 14 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #7
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Just changed mine recently as of BJSC 98!

Not an awful lot of thought process behind it, but I thought it seemed brighter than the one I had before and I like this colour scheme and the sunshine effect too! happy.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Sep 14 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #8
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

A triumphant/poignant looking picture of a bird I found on Google Images + badly constructed banner on Paint. It means kinda the same as my country itself rlly, I'm better with the concepts rather than the production.

This was mine for Terra Dinosaur, spot the literary reference ;o

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Sep 14 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #9
see you space cowboy
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

It's an eye and a sun at the same time (and just a little bit of a basic Ancient Egyptian style in there), golden, like the sun and on a sky blue field to represent how the Séyetan sun gives life to its plains.

I didn't want to make it too flashy, I just went for something that I thought could fit in alongside a list of real country flags, had a backstory I could whip out at a moment's notice like above and was easy to knock up.

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 14 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #10
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

this is the Danaelandan flag, which was just a simple powerpoint job. the heart represents the love Danaelandans have for their nation and the diamond represents the prosperity of the nation. the blue background represents the sea that the founders of Danaelanda travelled through to discover the nation.

oh and it's about time South Danaelanda unveiled its own flag actually, all this time we've still been using the full Danaelandan flag.

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Sep 14 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #11
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 14 2017, 10:30 PM) *
oh and it's about time South Danaelanda unveiled its own flag actually, all this time we've still been using the full Danaelandan flag.

sad.gif This makes me sad!

Will there ever be a time when North Danaelanda's relations with South Danaelanda ever get resolved? When and how did this conflict arise and what are North Danaelanda doing presently? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ: Sep 14 2017, 09:46 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Sep 14 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Ashton's flag is created using a stamp downloaded for photoshop.

It represents the complex yet elegant beauty of Ashton and it's Islands. It's lighter and a bit whispy at the edges to represent that the country is entirely bordered on two opposite sides by water, with the heavy central design representing the landmass at the junction of two continents, and a smaller intricate section in the bottom right for the large island at the top end of the Fortherington Islands archipelago.

or more like I just thought the stamp looked cool and it didn't look like any other flag out there. the Nepal of BJSC

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Sep 14 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #13
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brébino @ Sep 14 2017, 10:16 PM) *
Was just messing around with the star tool on MS Paint and using a bunch of different colours xx

Me, except with triangles

(But also loosely inspired by the South African flag)

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 14 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #14
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ⓐⓦⓐⓡ^ @ Sep 14 2017, 10:45 PM) *
sad.gif This makes me sad!

Will there ever be a time when North Danaelanda's relations with South Danaelanda ever get resolved? When and how did this conflict arise and what are North Danaelanda doing presently? ohmy.gif

The South blamed the North for all the floppage we had in the contest at the time, also the North wanted to invade Mezidinia but the South didn't. The new leader of the North then built a wall to stop people escaping to the South and he now runs a dictatorship and is attempting to send nuclear missiles to the South. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Sep 14 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #15
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

I'm pretty sure Photobucket ate my flag so I'll have to find and re-upload it. Anyway, since most of you have seen it, it's inspired by this image from the Wii game Warioware: Smooth Moves...

...specifically one microgame of which there's a clip from 4:30-4:35 of this video:

kink.gif Seems extremely random but I loved the combination of lions and stars! An alternate theory is that our flag was inspired by Rihanna's 'Rude Boy' video.

Edit: here's my flag!

(The cinnamon rolls are another story, I won't go into it unless someone wants me to laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Sep 14 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #16
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 14 2017, 11:00 PM) *
The South blamed the North for all the floppage we had in the contest at the time, also the North wanted to invade Mezidinia but the South didn't. The new leader of the North then built a wall to stop people escaping to the South and he now runs a dictatorship and is attempting to send nuclear missiles to the South. ohmy.gif
That reminds me of when our country almost died TWICE in the space of a year. The first time when Mayor Spadztho left his position open and was left rulerless for many months (thankfully its citizens were able to keep things chaos free without any arguments or dishonesty biggrin.gif ) and the backlash caused from sending what many citizens named We Are Balloons a “self parody”. It didn’t last long however when Collateral Damage quickly reassured the population that the country is back to its usual generic dance bangers tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Sep 14 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #17
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 14 2017, 11:19 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Photobucket ate my flag so I'll have to find and re-upload it. Anyway, since most of you have seen it, it's inspired by this image from the Wii game Warioware: Smooth Moves...

...specifically one microgame of which there's a clip from 4:30-4:35 of this video:

kink.gif Seems extremely random but I loved the combination of lions and stars! An alternate theory is that our flag was inspired by Rihanna's 'Rude Boy' video.

Edit: here's my flag!

(The cinnamon rolls are another story, I won't go into it unless someone wants me to laugh.gif)

Oh I loved that game but I never made that connection! Educational thread xx

I also wonder about why one of the lions is yelling 'warm!' tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Sep 14 2017, 11:30 PM
Post #18
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Sep 14 2017, 09:59 PM) *
Mine was a quick Paint job during a sixth form lesson laugh.gif

I wanted mine to actually look like a flag so that's the reasoning behind the cross. I love the green and purple colour scheme and thought I'd have some fun with it by adding tacky kisses for Jadakissnia x I wish I'd made the cross a bit thicker but cba

It looks like an xmas present!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 14 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #19
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Sep 15 2017, 12:30 AM) *
It looks like an xmas present!

That Jadakissmistletoenia impakt x

+Quote Post
Riser
post Sep 14 2017, 11:48 PM
Post #20
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Brébino @ Sep 14 2017, 07:09 PM) *
Oh I loved that game but I never made that connection! Educational thread xx

I also wonder about why one of the lions is yelling 'warm!' tongue.gif
He is commenting on the cinnamon rolls, of course! One is missing from the flag because he ate it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 11:11 PM