BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Souncloud making a comeback?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Is Souncloud making a comeback?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 40,955
   No Gallery Pics

We have all heard of the streaming site 'Soundcloud' and it has long be renowned as a place to find new music, as well as skyrocketing indie artist's popularity.
The site has recently received some bad press among rumours that the site is fast losing money but is this reflected in their users? I think the answer is a firm NO.

As an independent musician I often find myself trawling the tracks on soundcloud to find fresh music and personally I feel the site is proving to be worth its weight in gold to many artists.
Genre's like Dance, Electronic,ROCK/Indie/Alternative and especially hip-hop have been making the most of the sites free service's and I can tell you, if you want the drop on new music, Soundcloud is the place to be to impress your friends by being the first to know that 'new song' from your favourite artists.
I also feel that for the music community, especially aspiring artists that are on the come up, Soundcloud is very important. With companies like Spotify, Deezer, Apple music and Google play all competing to take the lions share of the music streaming market, new artist's increasingly find themselves stonewalled by these tech giants and UK music is suffering as a result. Major artists are the only thing they are interested in promoting (we all know why $$$) and there are fewer and fewer avenues for new musicians to able to get their foot in the door. As a listener I want to be able to discover new music, fresh talent and unknown arists's on my own accord, not just listen to what the fat cats at Spotify HQ tell me is 'this months hottest track'.

With record sales dropping at an enormous rate, now more than ever as a community we need to take the music business back in our hands! Otherwise who knows, in a decade the only 'New music' available will be 'Pitbull's' latest attempt at a comeback.... and surely nobody wants that!? blink.gif unsure.gif cry.gif

Dropzone Entertainment

This post has been edited by DropzoneUK: Sep 17 2017, 11:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Sep 17 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Ow, MY EYES at that text colour.

And did soundcloud go away? Kids at school all seem to use it.

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:01 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

Hmm I think your right, Mayby I should change it haha! It has never been taken down or anything, just rumours of low profits and administration problems in the past years. Personally its one of my favourite sites for discovering music so thought id see if people still use it regularly.

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post Sep 17 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Always I said. I feel like it will be around for a while because although it does appear to have money issues it does attract a lot of people to the site esp new music lovers.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Sep 17 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Never - and I love the font colour by the way.

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

HarryEzra- I agree, if anything I hope it grows so it can really compete with site streaming giants out there atm!

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

Okay people font colour changed. POINT TAKEN rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
WitchHaus
post Sep 17 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #8
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I preferred the original font colour sad.gif

Also Souncloud is v clunky and difficult to use at times but it's cool and good for new musicians definitely. What music do you make Dropzone? Share?

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Sep 17 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #9
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Nope, I discover music mostly with Spotify and sometimes YouTube.

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Sep 17 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #10
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I find the soundcloud site itself quite difficult to navigate in terms of just finding new music that I would like, however lots of acts I discover via blogs are essentially just using the soundcloud links so I sort of use it by extension maybe?

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Sep 17 2017, 01:10 PM) *
I preferred the original font colour sad.gif

Also Souncloud is v clunky and difficult to use at times but it's cool and good for new musicians definitely. What music do you make Dropzone? Share?

That's an interesting point, can be very clunkylayout and its even worse on phone app....content can be pure gold though!

This post has been edited by DropzoneUK: Sep 18 2017, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Sep 17 2017, 01:18 PM) *
I find the soundcloud site itself quite difficult to navigate in terms of just finding new music that I would like, however lots of acts I discover via blogs are essentially just using the soundcloud links so I sort of use it by extension maybe?

This tends to be the case most of the time! Many people listen to links but are not actual members, which can affect the amount of 'follows' a new artist receives immensely!

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 17 2017, 01:11 PM) *
Nope, I discover music mostly with Spotify and sometimes YouTube.

Youtube is a great source, although I find it better for music videos rather than audio. Sometimes the Audio quality on youtube can be dreadful.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 17 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #14
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I prefer YouTube as I add songs by looking through my Liked videos every day.

Also there kinda needs to be a Sometimes option in the poll laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 17 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SouthsideSpinner @ Sep 17 2017, 01:44 PM) *
I prefer YouTube as I add songs by looking through my Liked videos every day.

Also there kinda needs to be a Sometimes option in the poll laugh.gif

believe me my like videos is a gold mine for talent! sometimes just put it on shuffle, never disappoints.

And yes I accidently posted it without the third option haha unsure.gif

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Sep 17 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #16
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I never really actively discover new music through Soundcloud unless a BJSC entry links to it, and even then I tend to put the song into my Spotify BJSC playlist if I like it and in future listen to it there. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't attract me enough and I find it easier to discover songs I love through YouTube (the music video content helps tbh, I love a good ~audio-visual experience~).

+Quote Post
T H I N G
post Sep 17 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

soundcloud is AMAZING because u get those weird songs / edits u'll never get on youtube, and good record labels

+Quote Post
LewisTScream
post Sep 17 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

I genuinely used to use Soundcloud a lot, it was my go to for new music (with Spotify) over YouTube between 2011-2014 so it's sad to see it decline in popularity. BUT, these days acts don't bother with uploading or updating their profiles on there and when they do, you have to pay for Go membership to just listen to a track when once upon a time that wasn't the case at all.

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Sep 17 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #19
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I make music too a bit DropzoneUK, would you be up for a collaboration?

With regards to the topic of the thread I like using beatport to discover new dance music. I should use soundcloud more but the genre sections of beatport make it easier to search for new dance music as it is often 2 or 4 year old tracks that come up when I type in 'trance' to soundcloud whereas beatport if you search tracks under a genre it gives you the newest ones.

+Quote Post
DropzoneUK
post Sep 18 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Big Hiss Machine @ Sep 17 2017, 07:06 PM) *
I make music too a bit DropzoneUK, would you be up for a collaboration?

With regards to the topic of the thread I like using beatport to discover new dance music. I should use soundcloud more but the genre sections of beatport make it easier to search for new dance music as it is often 2 or 4 year old tracks that come up when I type in 'trance' to soundcloud whereas beatport if you search tracks under a genre it gives you the newest ones.

Beat port is not bad at all, offers a source of passive income for artists too. And we are always up for collaboration at Dropzone, check out some of our tracks here and see if its something your interested in?
soundcloud.com/dropzoneuk

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:51 AM