BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unknown songs stuck in your head
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post Sep 23 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #1
Just another burden on the welfare state
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Have you guys had songs stuck in your head that you had no idea what they were and couldn't remember the lyrics? I had one about a week ago that I could remember the melody from the first two bars of the verse and that was it. I KNEW it was a song from the 00s by a fella with a deep voice but that was as much as I could remember, and I'm sure I've driven everyone mad humming 'duh deh duh deeh' bc no-one else had a clue heehee.gif

Anyway, yesterday I FINALLY found the song (The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You) and you have no idea how happy I feel cheer.gif

You?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dalek-xorcist32
post Sep 23 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #2
I saw it coming like the shadow on the wall
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Some indie/alternative song with these notes:

F A F A
E E F E
C E C E
B A G

Another song is in C# minor and it's some relaxing tune with some vibrant keyboard and this string holding something at the beginning of each phrase. I didn't know what percussion instrument was playing though. I heard it play on a Greek TV channel in 2010 in an advert for some geographical show and in 2012 I heard in a bar/restaurant in an area near the Greek mountain Pelion. I still haven't the managed to identify the song as of today.

There was another song that I heard play in a Greek McDonald's in April 2010 and on Heart FM in May 2011. It took me 5 years to figure out what this song was. It was in D minor and had some strings and I thought I heard "rock with you" in the chorus. I finally figured it out by listening to some tracks off a Simply Red Greatest Hits CD. The track was "Something Got Me Started" (Fun Fact: This was the first song ever played on Heart FM when it launched in 1994)

Oh, and there was some fast-paced soul song in the key of G that I admired back when I heard it play early in the morning on CBBC back when they were showing clips of some of their shows (it was mid-2011). I didn't hear it again until 2014 in an ITV advert, and I was like "I heard this before". So after some research on the ITV adverts I finally found out the song.

Eli 'Paperboy' Reed - Explosion

We all have this song stuck in our head and we're trying to figure what it is, like in that Big Bang Theory episode

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Sep 23 2017, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Sep 23 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Ooh I was thinking of making a 'tip of my tongue' thread like this, slay *.*

My biggest example was not knowing what Stereophonics - 'Have A Nice Day' was for absolutely years. All I knew was "ba, ba da, ba ba, ba da da" so that wasn't very googleable laugh.gif then the song randomly appeared on a YouTube video that I was watching and I was sooooo relieved.

+Quote Post
HobDoblin
post Sep 23 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I heard this song a gazillion times on a family holiday as a child & resigned myself to never ever finding out what is was called other than the "du du du" song. About 10 years later it came on in a pub & thanks to the beauty of Shazam the mystery was finally revealed...

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 23 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #5
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I really hate when this happens especially with an instrumental :/ no lyrics to google and you just have a melody... the only hope is if it's a song that's likely to play on the radio or on your music library etc. or you're probably f***ed laugh.gif

+Quote Post
28 Brays Later
post Sep 23 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

One big annoying one recently was 'Get Down' by Groove Armada, had the melody stuck in my head for about 2 days but couldn't make out any of the words so I couldn't Google it laugh.gif

Another song I used to get stuck in my head all the time without knowing what it was is SL2's 'On A Ragga Tip' wub.gif

+Quote Post
HobDoblin
post Sep 23 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Funnily enough I've only just now found out what that song from at least 50 adverts is...

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Sep 23 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #8
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Hudson Mohawke! wub.gif

QUOTE(Brébino @ Sep 23 2017, 12:40 PM) *
Another song I used to get stuck in my head all the time without knowing what it was is SL2's 'On A Ragga Tip' wub.gif

Well that is a complete TUNE!

Back in 2003 I had Longview “Can't Explain” stuck in my head but could not for the life of my find out the name of the track.

Instrumentals are worse though, it took me ages to find out that Tomoyasu Hotei's “Battle Without Honor or Humanity” was indeed what it is!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:32 PM