BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GENERAL COOKING DISCUSSION
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
blackmint
post Sep 18 2017, 04:11 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 40,957
   No Gallery Pics

When cooking, what other people can do? For me, cooking is not just about cooking, it's about combining your other favorite activities, like playing games.

I like cooking. I also love video games. Some great people have created a series of recipes focused around food from different games. I have tried some of these, and they are delicious. They are ranked according to difficulty level and you can glance to select and choose from different games.

I just tried Sims 2 Mac & Cheese at night and it was delicious, and quite easy, too. Put a truly unique spin on everything. Some mixed drinks are also great if you drink smile.gif

It would be great if people could combine their favorite activities in the same job.

More: hướng dẫn lựa chọn kch thước my ht mi bếp, hướng dẫn lắp đặt my ht mi bếp hiệu quả

This post has been edited by blackmint: Sep 29 2017, 08:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
breezyspice
post Sep 19 2017, 03:24 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,572
   No Gallery Pics

Do you have a link to the lists you've mentioned?

I almost bought the Game of Thrones cookbook but then I heard someone say that the food wasn't that great so I've avoided it, Haha!

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Sep 19 2017, 05:14 AM
Post #3
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

What is the difference between Sims 2 Mac & Cheese and the usual Mac & Cheese?

Presumably the portion size is tiny.

This post has been edited by dandy*: Sep 19 2017, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Sep 19 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Honestly thought this was gonna be a Cooking Mama fan thread...

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 20 2017, 02:05 AM
Post #5
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

A pot to match the amount of food you need to cook will save you a lot of money. So how to choose a pot of your own accord.

I make homemade candy every year for friends and family for the holidays. Every year I use my moderately sized duck pot. And every year I have trouble getting the candy thermometer to read the correct temperature. I think this is due to the wide base of the pot, and the liquid does not reach very high in the pot so my thermometer can just be one submerged in the liquid.

I need a pot with a smaller base but higher than your average pot of sauces. As with the height I have now, as the liquid begins to boil, it goes right up to the belt, sometimes it even goes through which makes a sticky hard to clean mess for me.

Although I have searched in so many stores, I have not been able to find a good pot. Where do you shop for a pot?

This post has been edited by blackmint: Sep 22 2017, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 20 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #6
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(breezyspice @ Sep 19 2017, 03:24 AM) *
Do you have a link to the lists you've mentioned?

I almost bought the Game of Thrones cookbook but then I heard someone say that the food wasn't that great so I've avoided it, Haha!

Game of throne? It sounds like the name of a movie smile.gif

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Sep 20 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #7
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

This is definitely one of the more unique threads on Buzzjack.

I am guessing you like cooking things with mint in them hence your username, blackmint?

Game of throne? It sounds like the name of a movie

You must be one of the few in the world who hasn't heard of Game Of Thrones ohmy.gif (although I am sure many in the forests of Papua New Guinea/Brazil rainforest/African and South East Asian tribal areas, Inuit areas and the Amish areas haven't heard of it as less people watch TV/use the internet there). Sometimes I do envy these groups as life may be a happier one without technology for entertainment.

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 20 2017, 09:56 AM

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 21 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #8
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

There are many famous chefs who are influential in the contemporary world.

I am a big fan of a British cooking duo called The Hairy Bikers - a link for anyone not to hear about them.

They have done many different things - baking, dieting, foreign cuisine - but what I like about them is their recipes approach. They are actually just two cyclists with a passion for cooking and what they make reflect that. I have their Curry book and I do not think I have found a recipe that requires anything I can not get in my local supermarket.

That's what I have, then what about you? Let me know what you have to study and share!

This post has been edited by blackmint: Sep 23 2017, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 22 2017, 04:41 AM
Post #9
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

Cooking books give us special recipes that are hard to tell. So if you have more cookbooks then you will be more successful with the housewife.

I now own about 5 cooking books, two of which are vegetarian cookbooks, while the other is just a cookbook. I very rarely refer to the cookbook, though. If I have not cooked or baked something for a long time, and I'm thinking of doing it again, then I will mention one of my cookbook books for help. If I'm thinking of trying a new recipe, here's where a cookbook is also useful.

When looking through recipes in my cookbook, I often find that each cookbook has a different way to do the same dish. Then I will have to decide which one is the easiest to do, because some recipes tend to be more complicated than others. There are also times I will follow the recipe for the most part, but also add my own touch to it.

How about you, how many cookbooks do you have?

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Sep 22 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #10
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

There are a number of cookbooks lying around this house but none of them are mine (although one or two were bought as gifts by me, funnily enough) and I never look at them. I always wish I was more of a foody person than I am (I do cook a bit) because it would make me feel more dynamic and cultured as a person (I was called "cultural" by my ~companion~ recently though which was pleasing). Basically my ideal self cooks the most wonderful fancy meals. I am not my ideal self.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Sep 22 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #11
Gunshot Glitter
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I have about 10, and do I look in any of them? No.

+Quote Post
HobDoblin
post Sep 22 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Don't need books when ya got the internet cool2.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Sep 23 2017, 02:25 AM
Post #13
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I was gonna say one, but this reminds me that I don't recall bringing it with me when I moved, so I might have zero now.

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 23 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #14
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

With a good smell hood, the kitchen will always ensure the freshness and health of family members.

There are many brands on the market, Electrolux, Elba, Faber, Teka, Bosch, Pacific, Pacifica, Gorenje, Napoliz and more. This is a discussion after reading and doing your own research, you decide which is the best.

Most end users will think that a good hat is a powerful hood but that is not 100% true.
A good cooker hood should have:
1) Easy to clean and maintain
2) A good filter system with oil cup
3) Low noise level
4) Reasonable suction power (1000m3 / h or more)

Let me know your thoughts on this issue!

More: cch chọn kch thước my ht mi bếp, cch lắp my ht mi bếp hiệu quả

This post has been edited by blackmint: Sep 26 2017, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Sep 23 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #15
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Hey black mint! Can you make this your last cooking thread? biggrin.gif Im going to merge all of your threads into one general cooking discussion thread when Im home- feel free to post all your cooking thoughts in there to keep it tidy

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 25 2017, 04:06 AM
Post #16
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

There are many writers who write great cookbooks, have you ever heard of them? Through whom do you find yourself most interested in books or writers?

I also like browsing the cookbook, but my favorite writer is Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall with the River Cottage series.

These books are visually compelling, with great pictures and fun notes. Hugh wrote an interesting preface to each section, describing his personal experience. The recipes are generally simple but delicious and focus on using fresh, seasonal ingredients.

For good cooking, you will need to go through some challenging times in the long run. So why not rely on the experience of the go ahead to develop it to new heights?

+Quote Post
blackmint
post Sep 26 2017, 03:16 AM
Post #17
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

How to know raw or cooked meat? To solve this problem, there must be a meat thermometer.

Whenever I and our boyfriend cook, we are scared of eating raw meat so we let our meat cook longer so I'm sure we need it. We went out and bought a meat thermometer and let me tell you that it saved us! We do not have cooked meat because of it and it is good to know that your cooking only needs the right temperature.

Meat thermometers are my favorite stuff, and what about humans, what tools do you use to get a barbecue?

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Sep 26 2017, 07:18 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

These threads are art

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 26 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #19
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Wheres this single cooking thread lotti promised drama.gif

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Sep 26 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I bought one the Xmas before last but returned it to Argos after Christmas. They're not necessary and didn't seem very accurate to me.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:02 AM