BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Faves doing un-fave like things
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SeanmanjiGrey
post Sep 30 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #1
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I thought this would be an interesting topic to start and came to my mind after seeing this tweet/the discussion in the Minaj forum. We are all guilty I think of blindly supporting our fave artists and bands while sometimes not looking at the things we don't necessarily like about them or things they have done which aren't perhaps the best reflection of themselves. I find, on Twitter in particular, "stan culture" is so rampant with fans using the word "flop" or XYZ is "over", without looking at the factual performance of artists singles or whatever. My main question is, is there anything your fave artist/band have done that you DON'T like about them? Is there anything they have done that you don't agree with? Have they said something on social media which has really taken you by surprised and rattled you? Discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Sep 30 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Wasn’t that a fake profile

+Quote Post
Jo...shh! It...
post Sep 30 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #3
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Sep 30 2017, 11:26 AM) *
Wasn’t that a fake profile

Probably. but Nicki's tweet is still real?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 30 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Obviously Taylor, although I do think people who hate her proper pick at anything to drag I guess would say that, if it was the same situation with say Avril Lavigne I'd be as bad about her if not worse laugh.gif I think it works both ways, sometimes when you get to hate someone you're blind and everything they do is bad laugh.gif Which I can do with people like Avril, Sam Smith maybe, as much as people do with Taylor.

I think Demi's problematic "episodes", shall we say, have kind of stopped me stanning her to the degree I once did though. I still like her but for a couple of eras she was an ultimate fave, then she kind of got a bit annoying and that marred me blindly supporting her just as she put out a MUCH weaker album than her previous few (Confident) which also didn't help I suppose. But she does kind of stick her nose into things and try to be a spokesperson for everything and everyone when she doesn't need to, like the Lady Gaga thing a couple of years ago when she was saying the puking Swine performance was glamorising eating disorders was ridiculous. The last thing Gaga wold do is mock anything like that, it was odd and a vile performance ut she always pushes the boundaries and expresses herself and her music in really weird ways.That sort of stuff wore on me and kind of stopped me stanning her so much :/

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Sep 30 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Tbh that doesnt make me think any less of Nicki - she's real!

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post Sep 30 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm pretty lucky in that the people I stan haven't really got anything (that we know of at least) that comes to mind as an 'un-fave like thing'. Halsey possibly but even then I can recognise when she's being kinda shit and i wont try and justify that just because I'm a fan of her music. I think she is often a victim of people taking things out of context though and does get more shit than she deserves but I would agree that she can come across as being quite self absorbed and fame hungry, like she defo sold out with her most recent album even though it is good, you can tell she was thinking about making 'hits' rather than just good music that she wanted to do. I think if Badlands wasn't as amazing as it is, that wouldn't be so obvious.

oh actually, Jeremy Davis trying (idk if he succeeded) in suing Paramore after he left was quite an un-fave like thing mellow.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:43 PM