BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 
SeanmanjiGrey
post Oct 1 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #1
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I know we are only in October and not even passed Halloween, but thought this would be a good poll to start. I was discussing Christmas with a colleague this week (shes pretty keen on it) and she was horrified that I hadn't started my Christmas shopping so I'm interested to see what the prevailing opinion on here is for those who celebrate Christmas.

Poll question - when do you start your Christmas shopping? Do you start in the January sales? Do you leave it until the last minute on Christmas Eve or do you shop four months in advance with all your wrapping done by November 1st? Are you among the sane who start shopping last week of November with their final bits being purchased on the second week of December?

Vote & discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Oct 1 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I had no idea that people did their Christmas shopping as early as September until a woman from work experience said she was planning to do all of hers this week laugh.gif It's a sensible idea I guess because retail at Christmas time is utter chaos, but I still leave Christmas shopping until December every year oops.

+Quote Post
SeanmanjiGrey
Post #3

I've voted September/October.

I'm not overly obsessed with Christmas, but I am an absolute lover of the wrapping process with all the tags, ribbons, bows and all the glam to make the presents look great before they're then demolished kink.gif that said, I usually start end of October to allow myself enough time to put money aside for last minute bits and bobs and time to wrap everything. I will confess that my perishable presents such as biscuits or alcohol are usually bought as close as possible to Christmas as I have been known to end up purchasing, wrapping, opening and eating them when peckish kink.gif

+Quote Post
BiLLYx
Post #4
X
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,095

I started mine last week, purely because if I left it til November then I'd only have one wage to do it all and I'd end up without any nights out in December, which is obviously not appropriate.

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Oct 1 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #5
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

December, usually about the 15th when I begin to panic that I haven't bought anything yet.

+Quote Post
SeanmanjiGrey
post Oct 1 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jade-o-Lantern🎃 @ Oct 1 2017, 04:55 PM) *
I had no idea that people did their Christmas shopping as early as September until a woman from work experience said she was planning to do all of hers this week laugh.gif It's a sensible idea I guess because retail at Christmas time is utter chaos, but I still leave Christmas shopping until December every year oops.

I'm so glad someone else has said Christmas in retail is absolute chaos! Everyone seems to forget that for those in retail it can be insanely busy and absolutely hellish - this is my first Christmas not working in retail in about three years and I am so excited I won't be working Christmas eve! laugh.gif

I will confess I did buy my first Christmas present this week though and broke my October habbit whistle.gif whistle.gif I originally purchased a set of Paper Mate pens in the Wilko sale for myself, got home and thought my Mum would love them so it wasn't an intentional plan kink.gif

+Quote Post
SeanmanjiGrey
post Oct 1 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(BiLLYx @ Oct 1 2017, 04:55 PM) *
I started mine last week, purely because if I left it til November then I'd only have one wage to do it all and I'd end up without any nights out in December, which is obviously not appropriate.

That's why I usually start at least two months before because of parties and what not coming up!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Oct 1 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Heathens, its OCTOBER!

Christmas begins on December 24th and shopping is done online in the week preceding it.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 1 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #9
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I actually bought my first Christmas present in July this year drama.gif

But that was because the opportunity presented itself then. Besides the Doctor Who Experience closed down about a month ago so I couldn't exactly wait.

Usually I do it all in November. December needs to be left free for buying other Christmas related things like food, etc.

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Oct 1 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #10
Witches and cats are out this month...
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

September/October for me. If there is something on the shopping list that is out of stock, there is still time for it to be ordered by the retailer.

+Quote Post
HobDoblin
post Oct 1 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

There's nothing better than getting all your shopping done on a hot summer's day in July.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 1 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #12
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

December.

Doing or even thinking about it doing it any time before is somewhat depressing!

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 1 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I’m so excited. It’s my first year buying Christmas presents with a decent budget!!

Booked off the last week in November to do the shopping!

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Oct 1 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #14
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I agree somewhat with Silas... aside from the online shopping bit... I couldn't do that, such a soulless way to shop for presents!

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 1 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Omg also just realised that I’ll only have one wage to buy everything in November :/

Idek when we get paid in Dec

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Oct 1 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #16
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

My family buy all the stuff needed for Christmas like crackers and stuff in the January sale, but when it comes to presents I just pop round all the charity shops a couple of weeks before tongue.gif (I have bought my sister a keyring already though bc I can't think of anywhere else I'm going and she's not)

Up until 3/4 years ago though I used to do ALL my Christmas shopping in the summer holidays at the gift shop at the caravan site in Anglesey we stayed at every year (and yes, that meant someone ended up with a token Buddha pretty much every year as well heehee.gif )

+Quote Post
The Cownjuring
post Oct 1 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I always try and start late November so I can be done by the start of December but it just never ends up happening and I always end up frantically searching on amazon for gifts at around the 15th - 20th of December. Btw anyone who says November is too early to start thinking about Christmas can be quiet thanks.

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Oct 1 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I start in October ish, but in terms of wrapping I always wrap everything on Xmas Eve.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Oct 1 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #19
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

December most likely but I might be trying to think of ideas from now until then. It might be a gift card again.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 1 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Had planned to post this topic last week but decided to use it as a FF question instead laugh.gif

So what do you buy for Christmas as presents?

Do you go all out and buy new decorations every year?

I’m prob the kind of person who will spend all their money on Xmas shit tongue.gif I know this thread is early but there’s already a Christmas topic up so why not laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:41 PM