BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KEEPING CALM~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
WitchHaus
post Oct 4 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

hi.gif

A thread to calm us all the f*** down. So being in a classroom is hectic but I try everything to make it calm. I have calming music during reading time, writing etc and it really works. When the music comes on, often they quieten down and it also calms my blood pressure too. I change the music daily and have visuals on the board to keep children relaxed. Obviously it's not always effective but I was wondering if you all ever use calming music or videos to help you to de-stress.

Alongside this, what other strategies do you have to relax your body and centre your mind and body? Any tips for calming multiple children down and focusing them? Mind yoga? Finger exercises? Breathing techniques? What experiences do you have with KEEPING CALM (if any lmao)

DISCUSS ~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Oct 4 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #2
ayyy lmao
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

breathe in
breathe out
listen to owl city and izzard
bye

+Quote Post
The Cownjuring
post Oct 4 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I have this app, think it's called noisili that I use when I'm stressed out at night and it calms me down so quickly, it has different sounds like crackling fires or rain that play and you can set timers so that it turns off if you fall asleep, it's great. Music rarely calms me down tbh because I end up getting too focused and into it and not calm lol.

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Oct 4 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #4
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Cownjuring @ Oct 4 2017, 09:37 PM) *
Music rarely calms me down tbh because I end up getting too focused and into it and not calm lol.

Funnily enough this is exactly what works for me - I get really into the music and focus on every note. It calms me down and afterwards I "wake up" from it feeling refreshed and calm. Maybe it depends on the kind of music but I don't exactly listen to a huge amount of energetic pop so I'd say most things from my library work.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 4 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Enya. Enya makes everything alright.

+Quote Post
WitchHaus
post Oct 4 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(The Cownjuring @ Oct 4 2017, 09:37 PM) *
I have this app, think it's called noisili that I use when I'm stressed out at night and it calms me down so quickly, it has different sounds like crackling fires or rain that play and you can set timers so that it turns off if you fall asleep, it's great. Music rarely calms me down tbh because I end up getting too focused and into it and not calm lol.

I will consider getting this app! Sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
The Cownjuring
post Oct 4 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Oct 4 2017, 09:48 PM) *
I will consider getting this app! Sounds interesting.

It's called noisli btw not noisili, there's loads of apps like it, this is just one of the best I've found

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Oct 4 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #8
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Any more people know? Wedding on Saturday and I'm a nervous person and don't drink alcohol!

+Quote Post
Skeleton💀Wardy
post Oct 4 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #9
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I nominate this thread for recognition at the end of the month please. happy.gif

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Oct 5 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Uh personally I have pills that are gods gift.

Rescue Remedy is also good - Steve you can buy it in Boots and e.g. Holland and Barrett. Just put a few drops in a glass of water and it calms you right down. It looks like the kind of thing that wouldnt work (homeopathy or whatever) but it actually works a charm.

In terms of calming kids down, being in control of the room first is good. Breath exercises are good, we use to do one in school breathing in and out one nostril at a time covering one and 'breathing out the bad thoughts'. Pretty sure it was just the breathing that worked but it was a solid wee trick.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Oct 5 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #11
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

What does the rescue remedy do exactly? Why does it call you down and how does it make you feel?

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Oct 5 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #12
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Oct 5 2017, 04:55 PM) *
What does the rescue remedy do exactly? Why does it call you down and how does it make you feel?

No idea what’s in it and how exactly it works (its homeopathic) but I can vouch I find it really useful. I usually just put four drops directly on my tongue

+Quote Post
WitchHaus
post Oct 5 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #13
Henrietta R Hippo

Do they have potential side-effects, physical or mental? Like can you get too reliant on them? That's what i'd be worried about, as I have had (minor) issues with sleeping pills in the past.

QUOTE(FreddyVsJupiter @ Oct 5 2017, 08:42 AM) *
In terms of calming kids down, being in control of the room first is good. Breath exercises are good, we use to do one in school breathing in and out one nostril at a time covering one and 'breathing out the bad thoughts'. Pretty sure it was just the breathing that worked but it was a solid wee trick.

Definitely agree with these! I have a very excitable/rowdy class so I have been using calming techniques wherever possible. Some really benefit from it (and so do I so it's win win) but I like the idea of expelling out negative thoughts in the process so the focus isn't so much on the breathing but that happens alongside it and its given a purpose! Thanks.

+Quote Post
SeanmanjiGrey
post Oct 5 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #14
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Oct 5 2017, 05:10 PM) *
Definitely agree with these! I have a very excitable/rowdy class so I have been using calming techniques wherever possible. Some really benefit from it (and so do I so it's win win) but I like the idea of expelling out negative thoughts in the process so the focus isn't so much on the breathing but that happens alongside it and its given a purpose! Thanks.

Are you like me in that you're very noise/sound sensitive? I found in one of my practices with meditation after lunch really helped the class settle down but that was with a religious element so might try your opening Youtube link in future! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Oct 5 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #15
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

My #1 way to chill out is to put on calming music, which is why I recently created the relaxing music thread so I could let some new chill-out songs into my life. I whip myself into a frenzy of panic so often and it can be hard to calm down, but I do try to take deep breaths, have a rant and try to get into a positive mindframe by having a proper think about how I can overcome the stressful situation in question. Watching adorable cat videos is a solid relaxation plan also x

+Quote Post
Cursed Wombat
post Oct 5 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I use Pokemon music, no seriously, there's loads of them on Youtube and they are lovely:

+Quote Post
WitchHaus
post Oct 5 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #17
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Cursed Wombat @ Oct 5 2017, 09:26 PM) *
I use Pokemon music, no seriously, there's loads of them on Youtube and they are lovely:

ohmy.gif!! Half of my class are obsessed with Pokemon (just like me) so this is fantastic! Definitely going to use this from tomorrow <3 ahh, they'll love it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:51 PM