BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Fosters, Season 5 | 2017-18
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jay ☆
post Aug 1 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #1
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Currently making my way through The Fosters (an American family drama)! Just started Season 2. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 20 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #2
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Aug 1 2017, 01:19 PM) *
Currently making my way through The Fosters (American family drama), just started Season 2.

heart.gif How are you finding it, Jay? Is Stef your favourite character yet?

I've watched up to the season 3 finale, but never made a start on season 4. Need to get back to it soon though as I'm sure season 5 has just started laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 20 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Omg I need to get back onto The Fosters too, I think I stopped at like the start of season 2. I was enjoying it, I just ended up engulfed in other shows, bus with other stuff etc and it grinded toa half.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Aug 20 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Aug 20 2017, 12:07 PM) *
heart.gif How are you finding it, Jay? Is Stef your favourite character yet?

I've watched up to the season 3 finale, but never made a start on season 4. Need to get back to it soon though as I'm sure season 5 has just started laugh.gif

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 20 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Omg I need to get back onto The Fosters too, I think I stopped at like the start of season 2. I was enjoying it, I just ended up engulfed in other shows, bus with other stuff etc and it grinded toa half.

Ooh, glad to see that I'm not alone here in watching this! *.* I've been really enjoying it, and I'm half way through Season 4 now. ohmy.gif Hope you both find time to pick it up again! I wish it aired in the UK, it would have been great to watch this in HD rather than via the lowish quality rips that are online.

Oh yes, Stef is incredible! *.* I love how no-nonsense she is, but even though she's often stern, her heart is always in the right place. Love Lena as well! She's consistently lovely, although in a recent episode she completely flipped her lid at Brandon and it was such a life giving moment laugh.gif I'm here for more angry Lena. *_*) I've enjoyed the progression of Stef & Lena's relationship and the various troubles they've both faced head-on & managed to overcome. wub.gif

When it comes to their kids, Brandon is my least favourite character for sure. He's consistently terrible with his life decisions but remains incredibly self-righteous. drama.gif Callie is of course still getting into terrible situations that only she could find herself in :') She's so impulsive, but I'm always rooting for her. <3 I think Mariana is my favourite of their kids though, particularly this season. wub.gif Bitches get things done. *_*. Jude's rather adorable, I've liked that his realisation about his sexuality has been rather casually recognised/fully accepted by his family/friends. Lastly, Jesus 2 > Jesus 1! I think the new actor has brought a lot more depth/emotion to the character, he's more likeable now. Although I had appreciation for the original Jesus in his wrestling singlet. x

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 20 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #5
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Aug 20 2017, 10:02 PM) *
Ooh, glad to see that I'm not alone here in watching this! *.* I've been really enjoying it, and I'm half way through Season 4 now. ohmy.gif Hope you both find time to pick it up again! I wish it aired in the UK, it would have been great to watch this in HD rather than via the lowish quality rips that are online.

Oh yes, Stef is incredible! *.* I love how no-nonsense she is, but even though she's often stern, her heart is always in the right place. Love Lena as well! She's consistently lovely, although in a recent episode she completely flipped her lid at Brandon and it was such a life giving moment laugh.gif I'm here for more angry Lena. *_*) I've enjoyed the progression of Stef & Lena's relationship and the various troubles they've both faced head-on & managed to overcome. wub.gif

When it comes to their kids, Brandon is my least favourite character for sure. He's consistently terrible with his life decisions but remains incredibly self-righteous. drama.gif Callie is of course still getting into terrible situations that only she could find herself in :') She's so impulsive, but I'm always rooting for her. <3 I think Mariana is my favourite of their kids though, particularly this season. wub.gif Bitches get things done. *_*. Jude's rather adorable, I've liked that his realisation about his sexuality has been rather casually recognised/fully accepted by his family/friends. Lastly, Jesus 2 > Jesus 1! I think the new actor has brought a lot more depth/emotion to the character, he's more likeable now. Although I had appreciation for the original Jesus in his wrestling singlet. x

I wish it aired in the UK too, but it doesn't look like any channels have the time to invest in it unfortunately. One other thing I hope happens (but probably never will) are DVD releases, or at the very least a box-set release when the show ends, however I think the prospect of that is very unlikely. sad.gif

Lena annoys me sometimes, but much like Stef her heart's in the right place, as you say. 100% agree with you as well re. Brandon. I've not liked him since the beginning, and his relationship with Callie is so unnecessarily forced and cringe at times. Also questionable that after about 10 minutes of dating the other girl (is it Courtney?), he goes and buys her a house. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Aug 20 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #6

So true! :') He does seem to like a damsel in distress and to behave like he's their knight in shining armour... I refuse to believe Stef could have given birth to such a silly child tbqh x

Maybe I should have opened a thread for The Fosters. ohmy.gif *.*

+Quote Post
THEO.
post Aug 31 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #7
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Aug 20 2017, 11:40 PM) *
Maybe I should have opened a thread for The Fosters. ohmy.gif *.*

Do!

I binge-watched the first two seasons last year and then slowly worked my way through seasons three and four; I'm almost caught up on the current season. Jude is by far my favourite character, I hate that he gets the least airtime but I guess the actor is a lot younger than the other kids so has to schedule more actual school. Brandon and Jesús are currently competing for my least fave. How does Brandon always get these girls that are SO far out of his league?!

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Oct 8 2017, 01:05 AM
Post #8

Thank you for creating this thread, Joseph! *.*

I found The Fosters so easy to binge watch; it's such a feel-good programme that it didn't feel like a chore to get through 91(!) episodes. I was fully caught up before the three most recent episodes, and I was so impatient for them to air given that I'd gotten so used to watching them any time I felt like it. I'm unassuming the second half of Season 5 won't be airing until February 2018! cry.gif

QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 1 2017, 12:20 AM) *
I binge-watched the first two seasons last year and then slowly worked my way through seasons three and four; I'm almost caught up on the current season. Jude is by far my favourite character, I hate that he gets the least airtime but I guess the actor is a lot younger than the other kids so has to schedule more actual school. Brandon and Jesús are currently competing for my least fave. How does Brandon always get these girls that are SO far out of his league?!

Jude is one of my favourites too! He's had great character development across the seasons, it's just a pity he's not used a bit more! And you're so right about Brandon. laugh.gif At this point I think he's had three older girlfriends? I particularly found his relationship with the young mom to be sooo tedious.

P.S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6II_D8W1h0 - this scene from the most recent episode... Stef's face is priceless, I laughed so hard when I first watched this! rotf.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:00 AM