BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DECISION MAKING
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Oct 8 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #1
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I'm currently facing a bit of a tough decision regarding a job opportunity (won't delve into the whole ins and outs) so thought this would be an interesting one to start! Are you good at making decisions - however big or small they are? Are you labelled as indecisive or are you to the point and know exactly what you want? Do you often find yourself writing out pros and cons lists before making a decision? Who do you normally consult before making decisions about work or relationships?

DISCUSS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 10 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I tend to be quite quick when making decisions about "smaller" things, such as what items to buy in a store etc. I think it just happens to be an area that I've kinda learned to trust myself better with. However, throughout my life I have been pretty awful when it comes to making long-term decisions about my life etc. I always get to these decisions eventually, but I'm slow at it and it's always one step at a time, rather than a broader plan.

Also, sometimes I feel like I know what I'd like, but don't naturally understand the real world logistics of how to achieve it. People who assume that you know exactly what you want or what your next step is tend to irritate me.

to sum up, shopping list takes 30 seconds. decisions about work / courses take years.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 10 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #3
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I either know 100% the direction I want to go in or I'm an absolute indecisive nightmare, there's no inbetween. With big things I'm pretty quick to make up my mind but ask me what I want to drink and I'm just like????? laugh.gif

It's kinda weird because I feel like I'm worse when I'm like in a setting where I need to be "polite" (I'm always polite tbf), like if you're in someone's house or out for the day with someone it's like my brain is wired to think that if I'm the one that makes a decision that someone else could do, it makes me rude. I know that's ridiculous and it's probably just me being extra anxious but I can't help it idgi :') am I actually alone in this, yea? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 10 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I'm good...at making bad decisions laugh.gif no matter which I choose it seems the chances are always against me. So I just give up on caring about the results and move on to the next thing. When it comes to buying something I'll usually consider the price first and then what I'm feeling like (so food, I won't always want say a cookie, might have a chocolate twist or something) but I'm known for spending ages in a shop deciding laugh.gif

oh and i'm probs even worse with the bigger things, because logically there's bigger consequences. So that usually means I don't decide and then nothing changes which is the safer option I guess... decisions that involve a chance to go back to how things were before the decision are the best and I'd most likely be quicker at deciding then tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Spun's Labyrinth: Oct 10 2017, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 10 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I think I am usually good at decision making as I often have a clear idea of what I want. For example, my mum will trawl shops for absolutely ages which was the bane of my childhood but I just go in with an idea of intended purchases and then I'm out again pretty quickly. I also think academically I have always had clear cut paths - I knew exactly what I wanted to do for GCSEs, A Levels and Uni straight away and had no regrets. Now at Uni I already know exactly what I want to do for my final project out of the options and I do not see myself regretting that choice. I'd also say I'm a sensible decision maker, like choosing to get one bus earlier than I need to for the Uni commute, so I'm always early and can just chill for a bit rather than risking the bus turning up late/not at all without a back-up. I feel like people often thrust the pressure of making decisions on me so I must be doing something right.

(McNuggets vs. Chicken Selects is an outlier in my usual decisiveness though)

((lemme laugh at this post in a year when I am struggling to decide where to work full-time after Uni))

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 10 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #6
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I think I'm pretty decisive most of the time - and it means I tend to get frustrated by those who are indecisive.

When I'm out at a restaurant I will usually select what I want pretty quick, and then often somebody else will be ages and send the waiter/waitress back (:‘we need a bit more time please’) whilst my stomach rumbles... I think even with big decisions I'm usually pretty quick to decide. It probably depends on how risk averse you are as a person, and I'm pretty laissez-faire about things really..

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 10 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Oct 10 2017, 06:12 PM) *
I think I'm pretty decisive most of the time - and it means I tend to get frustrated by those who are indecisive.

When I'm out at a restaurant I will usually select what I want pretty quick, and then often somebody else will be ages and send the waiter/waitress back (:‘we need a bit more time please’) whilst my stomach rumbles... I think even with big decisions I'm usually pretty quick to decide. It probably depends on how risk averse you are as a person, and I'm pretty laissez-faire about things really..

This is SO me as well, although it probably helps that I'm fussy and will only like a limited amount of things on a menu anyway laugh.gif my parents are the worst for taking ages to order things, I bet this exact sending of the waiter/waitress back scenario will happen tonight at The Harvester. (while lil miss adventurous over here already knows what she's having before even stepping foot in the restaurant)

+Quote Post
breezyspice
post Oct 10 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,572
   No Gallery Pics

As long as you don't ask me what I feel like eating, I'm an excellent decision maker.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 11 2017, 01:30 AM
Post #9
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I'm extremely indecisive, even something simple like deciding what to eat is like a life-or-death decision for me. drama.gif I have a "Make A Decision" notepad where you list out the pros/cons of each option and the best/worst case scenarios which helps to visualize and weigh your options, especially with really important decisions. I've also learned to answer "both" whenever possible, like if there's two flavors of ice cream there's nothing wrong with having a little of each magic.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 12:52 AM