BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there a category of people you have little time for?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidsanta
post Oct 9 2017, 06:37 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

In my case, it would have to be Jobsworths! puke.gif

Bureaucratic drones who love to uphold petty rules without any consideration of morality, humanity or common sense! mad.gif

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Oct 9 2017, 06:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 9 2017, 07:09 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

habitual bullshitters bordering on fantasists for me (for annoyance) and scruples-free arselicking yesmen climbing the corporate ladder. I can spot 'em a mile off...

Jobsworths, although annoyingly short-sighted and often inflexible, are paid to do their job according to rules laid down by their employers. The "villains" are the people who create the rules which require enforcing (if they are unreasonable), or the folk who choose not to follow the rules (or don't pay attention and fall foul of them) if they are reasonable rules.

In other words, Politicians or corporate policy-makers...

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 9 2017, 07:39 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Oct 9 2017, 08:09 AM) *
habitual bullshitters bordering on fantasists for me (for annoyance) and scruples-free arselicking yesmen climbing the corporate ladder. I can spot 'em a mile off...

Jobsworths, although annoyingly short-sighted and often inflexible, are paid to do their job according to rules laid down by their employers. The "villains" are the people who create the rules which require enforcing (if they are unreasonable), or the folk who choose not to follow the rules (or don't pay attention and fall foul of them) if they are reasonable rules.

In other words, Politicians or corporate policy-makers...

Precisely. People in call centres, often the principal target when it comes to jobsworth accusations, are paid to follow a script and often expressly forbidden to think for themselves.

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Oct 9 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #4
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 9 2017, 08:39 AM) *
Precisely. People in call centres, often the principal target when it comes to jobsworth accusations, are paid to follow a script and often expressly forbidden to think for themselves.

They may not be responsible for setting the rules, but they *are* responsible for following them slavishly - it's the same 'just obeying orders' mentality that has so frequently turned out very badly.

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Oct 9 2017, 07:58 AM

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 9 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Oct 9 2017, 08:51 AM) *
They may not be responsible for setting the rules, but they *are* responsible for following them slavishly - it's the same 'just obeying orders' mentality that has s frequently turned out very badly.

And then they get sacked.

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Oct 9 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #6
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 9 2017, 08:54 AM) *
And then they get sacked.

But at least they'd have a clean conscience.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Oct 9 2017, 08:00 AM
Post #7
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Charity guys usually, I foolishly got taking to one of them outside a shop the other day, we spoke a good 10 minutes and I applauded their work and the cause they were representing. They asked if I believed in what they were doing, I said yes. The next thing I know Iím giving them personal details which theyíre entering into an iPad, but there comes a point in the conversation where they promise me, they promise me that they wonít take any sensitive information from me. That was until they asked for my bank details. To which I eventually managed to walk away unscathed.

I donít know why I allowed myself to stop and listen. mad.gif

+Quote Post
JingleBellJupes
post Oct 9 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I try to be nice to call centre people and tell them 'good luck' or empathise if ever I have to deal with them. If I've called them, that is. If they've called me, not so much.

People I have no time for? A few kinds but backstabbers is probably my #1. I can forgive a lot but disloyalty or spreading lies about you is one I don't forgive. How can you trust someone like that?

On a less serious note, I know I mention it a lot, but slow walkers, especially those ones that manage to meander about from one side of the pavement to another so you can't even power past them. Grrr...infuriating!

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Oct 9 2017, 08:34 AM
Post #9
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Oct 9 2017, 08:59 AM) *

And be virtually unemployable? Hmm nah.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 9 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(FreddyVsJupiter @ Oct 9 2017, 09:29 AM) *
People I have no time for? A few kinds but backstabbers is probably my #1. I can forgive a lot but disloyalty or spreading lies about you is one I don't forgive. How can you trust someone like that?

Oh yea, that's a shout! I guess with me it's more people who are two-faced, y'know the type that will be all sweetness and light to your face, act like your friend etc and then the next minute they're bitching about you to someone else. I'm very much a believer in if you've got an issue with someone, you say it to them and sort it out because you can't really do anything about it if they're moaning to other people laugh.gif

I think rudeness in general too, I get a ridiculous amount of rude customers in my work and it's really difficult because you can't just be like f*** you and walk off, you've got to be as nice as humanly possible and agree with everything they say no matter what because they're the customer. For some reason, older folks usually, seem to take advantage of that and think they can talk to retail workers like they're a piece of shit. I got to the point the other day with a man who went off at me about the price of a pint of milk being so rude and just downright horrible to me over something I couldn't do anything about that I just told him to take it up with customer services if he wanted to complain :') idk if that was the right thing to do but if he had his way I'd have spent my whole shift arguing with him otherwise laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 9 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Oct 9 2017, 08:59 AM) *

Sorry, check-out person, I've got no money to pay for my food. Will you accept a clean conscience instead?

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 9 2017, 08:54 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ᴄᴀɴɴɪ @ Oct 9 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Oh yea, that's a shout! I guess with me it's more people who are two-faced, y'know the type that will be all sweetness and light to your face, act like your friend etc and then the next minute they're bitching about you to someone else. I'm very much a believer in if you've got an issue with someone, you say it to them and sort it out because you can't really do anything about it if they're moaning to other people laugh.gif

I think rudeness in general too, I get a ridiculous amount of rude customers in my work and it's really difficult because you can't just be like f*** you and walk off, you've got to be as nice as humanly possible and agree with everything they say no matter what because they're the customer. For some reason, older folks usually, seem to take advantage of that and think they can talk to retail workers like they're a piece of shit. I got to the point the other day with a man who went off at me about the price of a pint of milk being so rude and just downright horrible to me over something I couldn't do anything about that I just told him to take it up with customer services if he wanted to complain :') idk if that was the right thing to do but if he had his way I'd have spent my whole shift arguing with him otherwise laugh.gif

That's the problem with a lot of people - they complain to the wrong person. I've always tried to avoid doing that however frustrated I may be feeling. Even if I have complained to them - because they are the only person available - I have made it clear that I do not hold them personally responsible.

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Oct 9 2017, 09:14 AM
Post #13
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ᴄᴀɴɴɪ @ Oct 9 2017, 09:50 AM) *

Agree entirely, having spent time in the summer with people who gossiped about everyone as soon as they were out of earshot rolleyes.gif I mean, I KNOW people have problems with me. But clearly I'm not going to be able to do anything about it if you don't tell me? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Oct 9 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #14
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(FreddyVsJupiter @ Oct 9 2017, 09:29 AM) *
I try to be nice to call centre people

I try to be nice to them, which is why I just hang up, rather than telling them to... well, you know. wink.gif

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Oct 9 2017, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Oct 9 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #15
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klumpkin @ Oct 9 2017, 09:34 AM) *
And be virtually unemployable? Hmm nah.

Not so - many students supplement their income by doing menial jobs, but after getting their degree they will hardly be unemployable, even if they had walked out on a minimum wage job in the past!

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 9 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Sorry, check-out person, I've got no money to pay for my food. Will you accept a clean conscience instead?

Very droll.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 9 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #16
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

People that hold grudges

Social justice warriors

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Oct 9 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #17
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

People who try and push their way of life onto you.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 9 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Oct 9 2017, 08:51 AM) *
They may not be responsible for setting the rules, but they *are* responsible for following them slavishly - it's the same 'just obeying orders' mentality that has so frequently turned out very badly.

Have you ever had a job? Just wondering.....

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Oct 9 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Emotional manipulators

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 9 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #20
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I have no time for anyone who is constantly rude and nasty. Especially those who take advantage of nice people. I seriously have no idea how someone can get enjoyment from persistently putting others down...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 03:22 AM