BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Choosing a lodger, Can you advertise for a specific gender?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Is it ok to advertise for a gender based lodger?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Herbs
post Oct 9 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 214

I am currently lodging with a work colleague and when I move out my landlady wants to continue to have male lodgers only. Do you think it is acceptable to advertise for a lodger based on gender?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheBattenburglar
post Oct 9 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I believe it is illegal to advertise it as such (same as race, sexuality etc), but I know that people get around it when advertising by implying in the advertising that females wouldn't be interested in the property. Plus, if there's more than one person interested in the property, I believe it's of the landlord/lady's prerogative as to who gets the room.

I'm more curious though as to why the landlady only wants guys to rent out the house. What does she have against female lodgers?

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Oct 9 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #3
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Maybe she wants to reduce the chance of couples being there for some reason by just having one gender there, maybe in consideration that more people are straight than gay. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by HissingSparkler: Oct 9 2017, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
Herbs
post Oct 10 2017, 06:35 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 214

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Oct 9 2017, 05:04 PM) *
I believe it is illegal to advertise it as such (same as race, sexuality etc), but I know that people get around it when advertising by implying in the advertising that females wouldn't be interested in the property. Plus, if there's more than one person interested in the property, I believe it's of the landlord/lady's prerogative as to who gets the room.

I'm more curious though as to why the landlady only wants guys to rent out the house. What does she have against female lodgers?

She gets along better with men, although they tend to be a lot younger

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 11:36 AM