BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your FIRST mod role on Buzzjack?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jo...shh! It...
post Oct 11 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Wardy's thread got me thinking about what people's first mod roles were! A few of you have already said and it's interesting to see where people started (e.g. I'd never have put Bre & Adele together laugh.gif). Does the subforum still exist? Are you still in the role years later? Who were your co-mods etc?

My first role was Katy Perry in Jan 2015 so I've been there for almost three years now I guess, it's probably the mod role I put the least effort in which is a bit naughty but she did lose me a bit with the Witness era. That was the only forum I moderated for over two years until this year when I got the Movies job in Feb, Bey in August and Nicki when it was created in September.

My co-mods had all stayed the same until Joseph left us last month to move on to bigger and better things cry.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Oct 11 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

My first mod role was the P!nk AF wub.gif I remember back in the day I was the mod of 5 AFs laugh.gif Pink, Avril Lavigne, My Chemical Romance, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi heart.gif

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post Oct 11 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

My first mod role was for Beyoncť AF and have been doing it for a couple of years now. Only recently have I got my second in also modding Ariana Grande artist forum.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 11 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Pop I think, it must have been, I think I got reality not long after but it definitely was pop first! I applied for loads before that lmao I was one of those who'd apply for basically anything, and then got given pop as I think I was one of the next choices when whoever got it (Iz and Johnkm I think who became GMs).

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Oct 11 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Lady Gaga! I think I joined at the start of 2016?!

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Oct 11 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #6
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Dance forum, which must be about 4 years ago now when I was given the role. I was very happy to get that one too because at the time the current mods weren't very active and I felt like I could revive it a bit. There was no application process I was just asked if I wanted it.

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Oct 11 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

My first mod role was the position I still retain in The Lounge! That happened on 2nd January 2016 (I will never forget that date as it was the same day that Brade became a thing) a couple of months after Lee was no longer a Lounge mod. The team aside from me was Bal, Brť, Rob and Silas when I was first instated so a lot more male dominated than it is now!

Then my other mod role is for the Robbie Williams AF, it was an in-joke between me and Cameron for a while that we'd get added as Robbie mods one day, then Iz actually added us as mods after the AF had no mods at all and none of the regulars were interested in modding laugh.gif goals x

+Quote Post
Jo...shh! It...
post Oct 11 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #8
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(troublepink @ Oct 11 2017, 09:31 AM) *
My first mod role was the P!nk AF wub.gif I remember back in the day I was the mod of 5 AFs laugh.gif Pink, Avril Lavigne, My Chemical Romance, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi heart.gif

It's crazy to think that some of these AFs actually existed laugh.gif Were they as active as the AFs of today? I just can't imagine Aerosmith and MCR appealing much to the demographic of Buzzjack nowadays laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Oct 11 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #9
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

We used to have an actual Rock forum too alongside the Indie forum before they got merged, so clearly there was some kind of fanbase for that sort of thing in the beginning.

+Quote Post
Cursed Wombat
post Oct 11 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

This, they say to start from the bottom for managerial roles, but that clearly wasn’t so in my case kink.gif It took me a while to get my head around everything (still surprised just how much I can see/do after getting so used to just being a member!) but I think I like it x

I think I applied to be a Lounge Mod a few times and for some reason Pop unsure.gif to no avail, as they were terrible (I’m not sure why I decided to remind myself of them by looking for those threads)

(There used to be a Coldplay forum too, I woulda been so on that :’()

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 11 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #11
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think mine was Indie, Rock and Alternative, I think I became a P!nk mod after that but I'm not sure, both came at around the same time iirc

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Oct 11 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #12
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(Jo...shh! It @ Oct 11 2017, 11:12 AM) *
It's crazy to think that some of these AFs actually existed laugh.gif Were they as active as the AFs of today? I just can't imagine Aerosmith and MCR appealing much to the demographic of Buzzjack nowadays laugh.gif

I absolutely loved those old AFs. Aerosmith wasn't that active if I remember correctly. Bon Jovi was really active and fun though. I had a lot more time back then to put a lot of effort into those forums laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Oct 11 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #13
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

Katy Perry was my first role too, and I became mods of both Girls Aloud and One Direction before I got my first main forum mod role in Personal Charts which I think came about in the first half of 2014. UK Charts came in August/September 2015, plus the Justin Bieber AF as of earlier this year, and now, well, the entire site x

+Quote Post
Skeleton💀Wardy
post Oct 11 2017, 11:01 AM
Post #14
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I think the only moderator applications Iíve ever submitted are for the Personal Charts forum (though in hindsight I think itís probably not best suited for me) and when Lotti said they wanted new applicants for the Dua Lipa forum. I could have applied for other opportunities, such as BJSC, but those didnít appeal and I felt I didnít have enough experience. Perhaps the retro forum would appeal, but once I finish the weekly Now reviews which would be Summer 2018 at the current schedule, then I may end up not visiting the retro forum again. sad.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas FrÝkner
post Oct 11 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #15
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

My first was in the Lily Allen AF! I followed it shortly after with Reality TV (I think in like 2008) where I stayed until the entertainment shake up a few years ago. BJSC followed early in 2009 and I think thatís the one Iíve held the longest.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Oct 11 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Rihanna, and I think I had PCD when it was active.

I remember thinking it was such a big deal, bless me angel.gif

+Quote Post
Calcified Froot
post Oct 11 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #17
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

UK TV and Soaps which was of course just merged with Int TV for the TV Shows forum!

Never applied for a mod role so itís the only one Iíve ever had!

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 11 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Never applied

But of course I am the REAL shoutbox moderator smoke.gif

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Oct 11 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #19
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Lounge Mod was my first and indeed only sub forum role - I remember being really surprised when I was asked to do it... and then from there on in I was gradually asked to do more and more! Until one day I was asked to do less again haha! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 11 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #20
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I still have never been a mod. I donít really have the time to give outside of the school holidays.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 11:32 AM