BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS | Lounge Quiz 13.1: Family Fortunes, say my name say my name
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephStyles
post Oct 15 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #1
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

34 of you entered and the results will be happening at 4pm today! A reminder of the questions:

1. Someone who has played the Doctor in Doctor Who.
2. Someone who has hosted the Official Chart Show on BBC Radio 1 in the 21st Century.
3. A 2D shape.
4. A character from MTV's Teen Wolf series.
5. A song released in 2017 that features Quavo.
6. An artist that has performed the John Lewis Christmas advert song.
7. A "celebrity" who currently has or previously had dreadlocks.
8. A poster who moderates one of the genre forums on Buzzjack.
9. A town or city in Wales.
10. A song that has spent at least one week at #1 in the Buzzjack Songs Multichart in 2017, up to multi #601.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Oct 15 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #2
Just another burden on the welfare state
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hype! Hoping I've done ok here! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hype! cheer.gif I think this went quite well but I'm most unsure of having the top answer for Teen Wolf and 2D shape.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 15 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and youre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Hoping the questions Im interested in subject wise go in my favour biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 15 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #5
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

guess who probably won't be getting any points today

I hope my husband does well in you know what

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Oct 15 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

when the question you were struggling over has a landslide answer that you didnt put:

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Oct 15 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #7

1. Someone who has played the Doctor in Doctor Who.

25 David Tennant (AdamAloud, Br, BridgeCow, Cameron, Chez Wombat, Cody Slayberry, cqmerqn, DalekTurret, Dandy*, danG, Dobbo, Froot, HarryEzra, Iz, Jack, Jacob, Jade, Jay, JosephStyles, Josh, Liam, Mack, RobBob, Sarah, Spadz, Theo)
05 Peter Capaldi (Jhq, King Rollo, LewisGT, PeteFromLeeds, Riser, Suedehead)
01 Matt Smith (Calum, SevenSeize)

Doctor Who's been on air for almost 54 years, with the lead role of a time travelling alien called the Doctor having numerous incarnations thanks to the ingenious idea of "regeneration". This allows the lead actor to change seamlessly, and so far, the Doctor's lived through 13 lives, played by 12 lead actors as well as John Hurt in the 50th anniversary special (long story, but his "War Doctor" comes between 8 and 9).

Only three answers scoring points on this one and it's a runaway win for the Tenth Doctor himself, David Tennant. He's arguably the most popular Doctor of all-time (or at least second to Tom Baker) so no shocks to see him come out on top in this question. A few decided to opt for the current Doctor, Peter Capaldi, who departs this Christmas, while Calum and Seven both put Matt Smith, who got surprisingly few answers I thought.

This means the three most recent Doctors were the only options you all thought of! There was no love for William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, or even the first Doctor of the revived series, Christopher Eccleston. Also surprising was the lack of mentions of Jodie Whittaker, our incoming 13th Doctor, I thought she might get at least a few answers even if she's not actually appeared as the Doctor on screen yet!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Yessss! cheer.gif I had not forgotten how going down the recent route screwed me over for the Lib Dem leader question in a recent quiz, so it had to be the most iconic and recognisable doctor since Doctor Who was revived.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Oct 15 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #9
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

cheer.gif Starting as I mean to go on! cool2.gif David Tennant's Doctor is my favourite (from the revived series, which is all I've seen). Had a strong feeling he'd be the most popular answer!

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Oct 15 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #10

2. Someone who has hosted the Official Chart Show on BBC Radio 1 in the 21st Century.

21 Jameela Jamil (AdamAloud, Calum, Cameron, Chez Wombat, Dandy*, danG, Dobbo, Froot, HarryEzra, Iz, Jack, Jade, Jhq, Jay, JosephStyles, LewisGT, Liam, PeteFromLeeds, RobBob, SevenSeize, Spadz, Theo)
09 Greg James (Br, BridgeCow, Cody Slayberry, cqmerqn, Josh, King Rollo, Mack, Riser, Sarah, Suedehead)
01 Reggie Yates (DalekTurret, Jacob)

Another round with only a few answers given, and it's no surprise to see Jameela Jamil triumphant. It's no secret that I'm a pretty big fan of Jameela, and her....interesting presenting style full of mistakes. She hosted the show for a bit over 2 years, from 2013 to 2015, leaving just a few months before the chart show moved from Sunday to Friday (with Clara Amfo hosting in the interim).

Surprisingly, Clara received no answers, although her tenure was relatively brief and it seemed she was little more than cover before the Friday move anyway. Greg James took over from the very first Friday chart and has hosted since, meaning the current DJ gets 10 responses from you guys. He barely put up a fight against Jameela though, as her actual legacy lives on *.* jameela.jpg

Getting just two responses, Reggie Yates hosted the show from 2007 through to 2012, before Jameela took over. Initially, he co-hosted with Fearne Cotton, but after she left in September 2009, Reggie went solo for the remainder of his tenure. I remember Buzzjack being RELIEVED to say the least when Reggie stepped down, but hey, I can't hate on him too much when he starred in Doctor Who as Martha's brother magic.gif

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Oct 15 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I wrongly thought going for the current doctor would be the logical thing to do. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 15 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #12
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Jameela and David being the most pointed cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Haha I had to consider the host for this one with Joseph being a Jameela enthusiast *.* Good BuzzJack Sunday Chart Show thread memories when she hosted the chart jameela.jpg

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Oct 15 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #14

3. A 2D shape.

18 Square (AdamAloud, Br, BridgeCow, Cameron, Cody Slayberry, cqmerqn, DalekTurret, danG, Dobbo, Froot, Jack, Jacob, JosephStyles, Josh, PeteFromLeeds, Riser, Sarah, Spadz, Theo)
11 Circle (Calum, Chez Wombat, Dandy*, Jade, Jay, King Rollo, LewisGT, Liam, Mack, RobBob, SevenSeize, Suedehead)
01 Triangle (HarryEzra, Jhq)
00 Anime Girl (Iz)

For this question I thought we'd venture over into maths, my favourite subject at school (and tbh I'm basically teaching a year 9 class myself at work as they have a useless supply teacher mellow.gif). For no real reason at all, we've ventured into the world of two-dimensional shapes, with a whole host of options to pick from.

Square took a very quick lead on this one and didn't relinquish it at any point, with 19 of you putting it down as your answer. Circle put up a good fight nearer the end, giving us the smallest margin yet between the top and 2nd-from-top answers.

Sadly, Kween Dee's iconic "What artists make you triangle" thread had no bearing on results, as much as Jhq hoped otherwise, and only he and Harry put triangle down as the answer. And Iz.... well, I think the lack of wifi must be getting to him x

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Oct 15 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #15
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I enjoy playing to stereotype and since I missed at least one week of quizzes if not two, I'm not in the race anymore (well, I fell behind a while ago but like, caution to the wind isn't a bad thing).

Is best 2D shape anyway

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Oct 15 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #16
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

An actual icon, rightfully slaying wub.gif

#TeamCircle glad it's not too far behind square!

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Oct 15 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #17

4. A character from MTV's Teen Wolf series.

17 Scott McCall (AdamAloud, BridgeCow, Calum, Cameron, Chez Wombat, DalekTurret, Dandy*, danG, Jack, Jacob, Jade, Jhq, King Rollo, LewisGT, Mack, Sarah, SevenSeize, Suedehead)
11 Stiles Stilinski (Br, cqmerqn, Dobbo, Froot, HarryEzra, Jay, Josh, Liam, PeteFromLeeds, Riser, RobBob, Spadz)
01 Isaac Lahey (Iz, JosephStyles)
00 Jackson Whittemore (Theo)
00 Theo Raeken (Cody Slayberry)

MTV's Teen Wolf has fast become one of my favourite shows, as it follows the journey of Scott McCall as he's bitten by a werewolf and becomes one himself. There's a large range of characters that feature over the six seasons the show was on air, from Scott's first love Allison Argent and her family, to Scott's protege Liam Dunbar and his friendship group.

It's no shock that Scott, as played by Tyler Posey, comes out on top here. I expect most of you would know little about Teen Wolf and hey, in the same position, I'd plump for the main character too magic.gif However, I hear that typing "teen wolf characters" into Google will bring up Scott's best friend Mieczysław "Stiles" Stilinski as the first result, leading Stiles to get a significant number of responses too. Dylan O'Brien's Stiles is undoubtedly the most popular character on the show among the online fandom, being at the centre of many ships including 'Stydia' (Stiles + Lydia) and 'Sterek' (Stiles + Derek).

I was hoping that at least some of my fellow fans might help me out and plump for my personal favourite Isaac Lahey (Daniel Sharman) but unfortunately only Isaac's namesake, Iz, joined me. Oh well, I'll just resign myself back to Isaac being the show's most underrated character sad.gif Cody tries the same logic as me, picking Theo Raeken (Cody Christian) as his answer, but has even less success, while our own Theo picks Colton Haynes' Jackson Whittemore.

Other notable missing answers include Allison Argent, Lydia Martin, Derek Hale, Malia Tate, Kira Yukimura and Liam Dunbar, plus Scotts MOM Melissa McCall, Allisons dad Chris Argent and Stiles dad Sheriff Noah Stilinski.

Now let's all learn to appreciate Isaac Lahey x

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

#TeamCircle

I really had no idea what would be the most popular answer for that one so I just went for the first shape that came into my head. I'm surprised that triangle didn't pick up more points (and that Spadz didn't choose it!)

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 15 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #19
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Ohhh oops at Q3

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #20
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Oh thank goodness, I was torn between Scott and Stiles. I have heard the name Stiles Stilinski a fair amount on the Internet and I noticed that he was the first option on Google, but I thought it would be wise to go for the main character.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:06 AM