BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reputation
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
andrew1993
post Oct 16 2017, 03:10 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

(Pre-order Reputation on iTunes magic.gif)

Speaking from a Buzzjack/online perspective (real world reputation is a whole different matter) how much do you care about your reputation online? Does it matter at all?

Obviously on social media I have to be responsible and everything for work but lately Iíve just thought f*** it and been more loose online on places like other forums. The people who ever truly appreciated me still do and as long as thatís the way things are Iím happy.

Imma be honest, the reason, among others Iíve often took Ďbreaksí so to speak is that being ĎAndrewí and always enthusiastic and always willing to participate and keeping what people think of me Up, even on a place like this stresses me out occasionally, thatís not saying Iím a different personality like an evil person in real life lmao but it just overwhelmes me laugh.gif i suppose it was hella selfish of me to take back my mod positions that time but I thought it was what I wanted and now I literally canít anyway with work (I could but itíd be unfair) and Iím loving just coming on occasionally and being my old c**ty self, regardless of popularity contests, fallings out and generally everything thatís going on my life atm and doing something else for a second.

Before living up to my Ďreputationí so to speak was making BJ unbearable for me, and by reputation I donít mean personality etc but I mean little things like using certain smilies, formatting posts in a certain way or being too harsh laugh.gif Ik that might sound weird but these things are always worse here lately than in real life 💁🏾 I feel more confident to speak out and call out shit not only in real life but on here where Iíve stood by and followed the crowd a lot of the time when deep down I wanted to say that was wrong, or I disagree with this.

That turned out way longer than I expected it too oops

This post has been edited by 10 November 2017: Oct 16 2017, 01:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 16 2017, 08:21 AM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

My reputation is so malleable these days, Iíve given up pretending Iíve ever even heard of the word :í)

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 16 2017, 08:32 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

To be completely honest, I don't rly know how to be anything other than what I am at any given time to save my life lmao. Obviously I try not to post controversial or mind-boggling stuff on FB or anything but I just don't post that much on social media anyway because I don't feel like it (except Instagram, but that's just cos I love photography and need creative outlets). On here I've been pretty impulsive at times over the years so have said things I've later felt weird about but that's life. And I too have times where I don't say everything I wanna say but it's not really because of reputation, it's more due to a distaste for conflict - I tend to just retreat.

I care way more about doing / being whatever comes naturally and if possible, would like to encourage it in others.

This post has been edited by HowtoCookMattias: Oct 16 2017, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Oct 16 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #4
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Similar to Mattias I think I can only be myself nowadays! I reckon when I first joined Buzzjack I probably thought about my reputation a bit more as I was keen to get involved with the site and saw all these well-established posters who were extremely opinionated and articulated and I wanted to stand out and be like them! Fast forward to present day I only really say what I'm actually feeling on here - whilst I may hold stuff back because private/personal life etc. - nothing I post is out of character for me anymore.

Social media on the other hand I'd say is a slightly more edited version of myself - perhaps more PG as I have younger facebook friends/instagram followers who I have to be responsible for as well as family members. Instagram is also a more polished version of me but I think that's the case for almost everybody who uses that platform but I'm trying to make it more about a selection of memories for me and how it documents my life in that moment in time compared to posting things that I know will get likes.

The good thing about Buzzjack is that anything goes so this probably one of the best places not to worry about your online reputation!

+Quote Post
andrew1993
post Oct 16 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 16 2017, 09:32 AM) *
To be completely honest, I don't rly know how to be anything other than what I am at any given time to save my life lmao. Obviously I try not to post controversial or mind-boggling stuff on FB or anything but I just don't post that much on social media anyway because I don't feel like it (except Instagram, but that's just cos I love photography and need creative outlets). On here I've been pretty impulsive at times over the years so have said things I've later felt weird about but that's life. And I too have times where I don't say everything I wanna say but it's not really because of reputation, it's more due to a distaste for conflict - I tend to just retreat.

I care way more about doing / being whatever comes naturally and if possible, would like to encourage it in others.

Itís amazing not having to worry much about shit like this! Iíve never been a big twitter or Facebook user, I tend to communicate on Snapchat chats when not in real life 👻

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 16 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(10 November 2017 @ Oct 16 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Itís amazing not having to worry much about shit like this! Iíve never been a big twitter or Facebook user, I tend to communicate on Snapchat chats when not in real life 👻

haha yes I actually have my FB News Feed deactivated now out of choice, it gives me motivational quotes instead tongue.gif

Currently it says...

ďNothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.Ē
~ Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 16 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I feel like I have such a squeaky clean reputation on BuzzJack and often get recognised for it in the Awards, such as wins for 'person who represents the best of Buzzjack' or 'most welcoming'. It must be weird and unexpected for others when I occasionally get involved in conflict on here because otherwise I try to avoid that kind of thing if it's not necessary for me to wade in, as that's how I get the most enjoyment out of the site. I do have to set a good standard on here as a moderator but I don't think the way I am is forced at all and that I don't actively try to live up to a good reputation - I'm exactly the same in real life! I am that friend that gets tagged in memes about being the only one left in a lecture by the end of term, am quite a chilled person and like to work hard. So I'd say that I just bring the same enthusiasm and positivity to Buzzjack without forcing it. I am 100% comfortable posting naturally on here. With social media it's a bit different as I have family, friends and even lecturers following me on Twitter for example laugh.gif Klum hit the nail on the head for me too when he said he's more PG on Twitter and more polished on Instagram, I feel like I'm the same.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 16 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I think there's a real problem if you're not being completely yourself under any circumstances online or otherwise. I honestly don't think 'reputation' should be given a second thought, if it's who you are, carry on and if others don't like it, at least you can say you're true to yourself! Ofc. we can all work to improve ourselves, but changing your personality completely certainly isn't the way about it, just look at Mean Girls~

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 17 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #9
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I suppose I want to be a good contributor and dependable with my responsibilities, so if that's considered a reputation it'd be pretty similar to how I am irl. I don't feel the need to come across a certain way, for the most part I just post where I see fit and try not to overthink it. Tbh I used to be careful about keeping a low post count and being quality-over-quantity but I've grown out of that now, thank goodness.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:01 PM