BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatís the most noble thing youíve ever done?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Oct 17 2017, 08:16 AM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Seeing the inspiring blog from Iz made me think of things I could do someday that may be perceived as quite noble or selfless. I wanted to get some other ideas from the community of things you may have done in the past that would be considered very noble by others. Perhaps you visited a poorer community to volunteer? Have you ever donated any of your blood or other organs? Have you completed a vigorous feat that required much training and endurance? Have you ever rescued someone in danger or saved their life?

Looking forward to hearing the responses. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Oct 17 2017, 09:14 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

One January a few years ago it was icy one day and I was coming home from the off-licence at 5pm and right in front of me, outside my house, a school-girl about 12 or 13 fell down and cut her knee. The secondary school's at the end of our road. Her phone and school bag went flying too. and she was crying. Told her she'd have to come in my house and we'd phone her mum. She said she wasn't allowed to go in anyone's house but I told her she had no choice really in her state and with blood running down her leg! I picked her stuff up and she sat on the settee and said she felt dizzy so gave her water and tissues for her knee. Rang her mum who came within about 20 minutes and was so grateful that I'd looked after her. Turned out she was called Amy and came out late because she'd had a detention.

Next morning Amy knocked on my door with her friend and a box of chocolates for me to say thanks for my kindness. smile.gif

This post has been edited by commonsense: Oct 17 2017, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Oct 17 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm surprisingly modest so I'M NOT REALLY SURE

i did donate blood once but i'm currently banned from the register because of my reaction to giving blood, but my ban should nearly be up so i can probably go again soon *.*

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 17 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #4
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Apart from giving blood a half dozen times and agreeing to give up my seat on an airplane so someone else could get home earlier, not much. Should probably remedy that, although I am on the bone marrow register should someone be in need.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 17 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I volunteer as well but itís not really to the BEST of my ability. Iíd really want to get the opportunity to save someone from death or another significant action they would be appreciated for.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Oct 17 2017, 10:15 AM
Post #6
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Oooh good question Andrew...I know. This was about a few years ago. I was on a bus home from town, and this little old lady with a shopping basket on wheels had rung the bell for the bus to stop, but the driver went past her stop and only once she got his attention (he was driving quite recklessly to be fair) did he stop, and then get all moody with her saying 'Oh well you should have rung it a bit louder'. The place he did stop for her was quite steep and narrow and I was worried she might have an accident, so even though it wasn't my stop, I got off and helped her across the road with her basket.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 17 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #7
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Convinced Craig that he had Shloer poisoning and he told his mum who also believed me and they threw it all out kink.gif

No really, I don't have one "big" notable thing I've done yet. Anything I've done has been sorta small, everyday things I guess. I did do a lot of volunteering in 6th year at school though, I've done various other charity things over the years too like bag packs, cycles, fun runs etc. When I was younger I was in rainbows, then brownies then guides, I went right up to being a patrol leader so I did a lot of stuff via that too but none of its particularly memorable really. I hope that one day I do have a better reply to this question though as I am someone who does like to make a difference to people where I can, it's part of the reason I want to get into design. I know that's not the most obvious career path to do that in, people just picture doctors, teachers, carers etc as being the professionals that help people but being a designer definitely gives you the platform to make a difference if you use it right and that's something I want to do.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 17 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I did quite a lot of volunteering when I was in sixth form - from working in a charity shop, helping in school out of hours often and completing the NCS programme. For National Citizen Service, the most rewarding part was my community project. We had to choose a topic and put on an event relating to it. I chose tackling the isolation of the elderly and got together with a related charity to raise money. My main event was at a care centre where I put on a day of fun for the elderly residents there. This included games of bingo, a raffle, painting the nails of the females amongst other things, plus just talking to them. It was so lovely that some of them said that our company had made their day as they often spend so much time alone.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Oct 17 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #9
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Iím really moved by everybodyís generosity here, especially the experiences of commonsense and Alex who helped another person in need at an inconvenience to themselves.

To both Lindsey and Jade, you two have hearts of gold and I know youíll continue to make a massive difference to others lives in the future, I truly believe in your unique potential as you each strive for bigger and better things in life! heart.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Oct 17 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #10
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I was the inspiration for such a nice thread, wow! Glad you liked the blog, I'm trying to make some good things happen, hopefully they will before I leave here, there's a lot of obstacles we need to get through before that can happen but the team seems to be making good progress.

ICS (the program I'm on now) is definitely the most significant thing in this regard but I've been volunteering at Oxfam for some time now as well, which helps working past my innate desire to stay home and just worry about myself (I have that instinct but I'm very aware of it and do all I can to combat it). I am motivated to make people's lives better somehow, and I'll continue to try and do that throughout my career I think.

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post Oct 17 2017, 04:58 PM
Post #11
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

Round this time in 2006, through to about February 2009, I mailed out, at a considerable expense to meself, 55 6-song cd's of a favorite singer of mine, to acquaintances who are fans of the same singer, all over the world....also sent copies of other cd's of the same singer I had, probably close to 20 of them, to many of the same people I sent those other cd's all over the world...wasn't expecting anything in return, but, many of those people worldwide sent me cd's I didn't have of this particular singer.....

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Oct 17 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #12
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I honestly don't know, whilst I'm always regarded as 'a nice person' I don't think I've ever done anything major enough to be considered 'noble' although obviously that's something I would really like to change.

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 17 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

About seven years ago I gave a Ä50 note to a very sad and poor-looking woman on the street when she came up to me with a handwritten note explaining her story (I'm totally aware it may have been fake but idk). I didn't really make much of it at the time, I don't think I had anything else. She was like "oh!! ahh! May God bless you!" ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Oct 17 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

About 4 years ago, I was sleeping and at 11:30pm my housemate phoned me because his car had broken down and I got out of bed and rescued him. He used to see me as a father figure which was weird because I was only 25.

Also when my parents were snowed in, I brought them groceries because they couldn't go to the shop. I had to deliver to my dad at the edge of the village because the snow was too thick for me to drive all the way. I couldn't even go in for a cup of tea.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 17 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #15
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 17 2017, 07:55 PM) *
About seven years ago I gave a Ä50 note to a very sad and poor-looking woman on the street when she came up to me with a handwritten note explaining her story (I'm totally aware it may have been fake but idk). I didn't really make much of it at the time, I don't think I had anything else. She was like "oh!! ahh! May God bless you!" ohmy.gif
Wow! I really hope her story was legit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:53 AM