BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Josh's Top 85 Simpsons Characters, FINISHED! FULL LIST ON PAGE SIX OR OPENING POST!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 29th October 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #61
Group icon
User: 13,007

LOU & EDDIE are brilliant - I am really hoping Chief Wiggum absolutely SLAYS this, he could be my favourite non Simpsons family character!

SUPERINTENDENTNINTENDO CHALMERS is brilliant - one of my favourite Simpsons scenes:

<3

RODD AND TODD are brilliant creations too. So many brilliant one-liners throughout the series from them.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lotita
post 29th October 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #62
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

rod + todd duo of the year *.* this countdown is really making me so nostalgic!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th October 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #63
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Rodd & Todd are hilarious rotf.gif

"don't touch my hands on the way down it's gay"
"What's gy"
"it's uhh... When you used to be afraid but you aren't anymore"
"DADDY I'M GAY!!! MRS SIMPSON MADE ME GAY"

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th October 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #64
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

QUOTE(Sonia Fowler @ Oct 29 2017, 11:03 AM) *
Omg Comic Book Guy and Itchy and Stratchy far too low sad.gif

Hopefully you approve of what has beaten them heehee.gif There are just SO many iconic characters wub.gif drama.gif

QUOTE(Dalek-xorcist32 @ Oct 29 2017, 11:03 AM) *
I like Dr. Hibbert, Crazy Cat Lady and Sea Captain.
Itchy And Scratchy is funny, it's basically a more violent version of Tom And Jerry.

The violence in Itchy and Scratchy is really funny, glad you're enjoying the countdown biggrin.gif

QUOTE(WitchHaus @ Oct 29 2017, 11:55 AM) *
LOU & EDDIE are brilliant - I am really hoping Chief Wiggum absolutely SLAYS this, he could be my favourite non Simpsons family character!

SUPERINTENDENTNINTENDO CHALMERS is brilliant - one of my favourite Simpsons scenes:

<3

RODD AND TODD are brilliant creations too. So many brilliant one-liners throughout the series from them.

Chief Wiggum is going to absolutely slay this tbh, one of my absolute favourite secondary characters wub.gif

Supernintendo Chalmers too!!11 Ralph is so cute laugh.gif

QUOTE(lot🎈IT🎈a @ Oct 29 2017, 08:18 PM) *
rod + todd duo of the year *.* this countdown is really making me so nostalgic!

Same, I was watching some more episodes in preparation for the countdown and it has made me love the show all over again. Previous to this month, I hadn't watched the show in a couple of years ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 29 2017, 09:26 PM) *
Rodd & Todd are hilarious rotf.gif

"don't touch my hands on the way down it's gay"
"What's gy"
"it's uhh... When you used to be afraid but you aren't anymore"
"DADDY I'M GAY!!! MRS SIMPSON MADE ME GAY"

They are hilarious, some of their one-liners are brilliant (especially this one that you've quoted laugh.gif)

Thanks for the comments guys!!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th October 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #65
Group icon
c:

26. PROFESSOR FRINK
Professor Frink is the local loveable socially awkward genius of Springfield. He often pops up with some sort of invention to help out Springfield in times of crisis. I've always loved the way he is voiced by Hank Azaria which made him one of my favourite Simpsons characters as a child.

27. MAUDE FLANDERS
Maude is the loving wife of Ned Flanders and much like the rest of her family, most of her humour comes from being a devout Christian. She was killed off due to a real-life pay dispute with the voice actress behind the character but that was resolved years later and she now appears as a ghost in current seasons.

28. MAYOR QUIMBY
Quimby is the mayor of Springfield but is more frequently seen womanising than actually caring about the political situation in Springfield. He's probably one of the most corrupt characters in The Simpsons which makes his effectiveness in his job role even funnier.

29. SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER
Santa's Little Helper is the family pet dog of The Simpsons and has been with them since the very first televised episode of the show, "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" (also my favourite episode that features him and still one of my favourite episodes of the show to date wub.gif). He has the best relationship with Bart and that is one of my favourite duos in the entire show heart.gif

30. FAT TONY
Fat Tony is basically just a massive Italian-American gangster stereotype but as a half-italian myself, I find pretty much everything he says/does absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately, he was killed off in Season 22 and replaced by his cousin, Fit Tony laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th October 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #66
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

I hope the Blue Haired Lawyer isn't in the countdown.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 31st October 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #67
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(HeadlessJockey @ Oct 30 2017, 09:45 PM) *
I hope the Blue Haired Lawyer isn't in the countdown.

Nope! I was considering including him right at the bottom of the countdown but he's certainly not this high up !!

Thanks for commenting cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 31st October 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #68
Group icon
c:

21. MILHOUSE VAN HOUTEN
I imagine Milhouse is probably a bit lower here than he would be in other people's countdowns but I did used to find him a little annoying as a child. I've really grown to appreciate his character in recent years so that's why he's so high despite that. An ESSENTIAL character so I can't believe it took me so long to come around to him...

22. LENNY LEONARD
The character that inspired our very own fellow poster here on Buzzjack, Lenny is a worker at the Nuclear Power Plant and is best friends with Carl (#40 in this countdown). I've always thought he had the better jokes so that explains why he's so much higher on the countdown.

23. MARTIN PRINCE
Martin is one of Bart's classmates and Springfield Elementary and probably the student to come closest to Lisa's level of intelligence in the show. He is usually seen being ridiculed by the bullies at school which does make for some of the funniest moments in the show but he does a pretty good job at embarrassing himself at times too.

24. BARNEY GUMBLE
Barney is Homer's drinking buddy at Moe's Tavern and is very rarely seen not being a drunken nuisance without a Duff beer in his hand. Barney's humour is probably the closest that The Simpsons comes to toilet humour which is not really why most people love the show so unfortunately I can't find a space for him in the top 20 despite being a fan of his character.

25. CLETUS SPUCKLER
Cletus is a stereotype of a 'redneck' and lives with his wife/sister Brandine. He has some of the best one liners in the show and is probably the character that makes me laugh out loud the most with the littlest screen time. One of the best supporting characters in the show that works so well in a smaller role.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 31st October 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #69
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Lenny, Milhouse and Santa's Little Helper yass *.*

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st November 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #70
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(Sonia Fowler @ Oct 31 2017, 09:49 AM) *
Lenny, Milhouse and Santa's Little Helper yass *.*

I absolutely adore ALL of the characters that are this high up on the countdown!! The show has so many amazing characters wub.gif

Thanks for commenting Harry!!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st November 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #71
Group icon
c:

18. GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE
Willie is groundskeeper/janitor at Springfield Elementary and probably most well known for his thick Scottish accent. His angry demeanour and long-winded insults always make me laugh and I love the running gag of him being RIPPED underneath his clothes too laugh.gif

19. WAYLON SMITHERS
Waylon Smithers is one of those CLASSIC characters that everybody just loves, his adoration of Mr Burns no matter what makes for some of the funniest gags in the show and the gay jokes always make me laugh too. Fun fact: in his first appearance in the show, Smithers was portrayed as a black character before being changed in future episodes ohmy.gif

20. EDNA KRABAPPEL
Mrs Krabappel would've probably been even higher in this countdown a few years back but is obviously not in the show anymore after the death of the voice actress, Marcia Wallace in 2013 sad.gif (RIP <3). Her no shits given attitude and affairs with Skinner always made me laugh and it's such a shame to have lost such a talented actress and such a great character too </3

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 1st November 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #72
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

I like Fat Tony, Lenny, Milhouse and Groundskeeper Willie.
Also, on the subject of Mrs. Krabappel. It's a shame that her voice actress Marcia Wallace passed away (in 2013). The animators paid a tribute to her by having Bart Simpson write "We'll really miss you, Mrs. K!" on the blackboard with him showing a sad expression instead of the usual angry one.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd November 2017, 07:22 AM
Post #73
Group icon
User: 13,007

Milhouse is basically all of us when we were at school ourselves right? Cletus is hilarious and Lenny has some MOMENTS ('I wasn't supposed to get pudding in my eye'(??)).

The first three of the top 20 aren't faves of mine in all honesty. I've never warmed to Edna, Smithers is a little meh but Burns betters him in every scene and Willie can be hilarious but just doesn't appear enough (my first critical comment sorry! sad.gif)

I don't find Fat Tony himself the highlight but most of the Mob centric episodes are brilliant (Pretzel episode <3)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd November 2017, 10:38 AM
Post #74
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Nov 1 2017, 10:43 PM) *
I like Fat Tony, Lenny, Milhouse and Groundskeeper Willie.
Also, on the subject of Mrs. Krabappel. It's a shame that her voice actress Marcia Wallace passed away (in 2013). The animators paid a tribute to her by having Bart Simpson write "We'll really miss you, Mrs. K!" on the blackboard with him showing a sad expression instead of the usual angry one.

It was such a big loss to the show to lose such a great character & voice actress. RIP heart.gif sad.gif

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Nov 2 2017, 07:22 AM) *
Milhouse is basically all of us when we were at school ourselves right? Cletus is hilarious and Lenny has some MOMENTS ('I wasn't supposed to get pudding in my eye'(??)).

The first three of the top 20 aren't faves of mine in all honesty. I've never warmed to Edna, Smithers is a little meh but Burns betters him in every scene and Willie can be hilarious but just doesn't appear enough (my first critical comment sorry! sad.gif)

I don't find Fat Tony himself the highlight but most of the Mob centric episodes are brilliant (Pretzel episode <3)

I 100% agree with you that Burns is the better of the duo and he is definitely still yet to come. They make a great on-screen partnership though and Smithers is a big part of that so I had to give him a spot in my top 20. I also wish Willie was in the show more often but he makes me cackle when he does appear so I do have a big soft spot for his character heehee.gif

Thanks for the comments !! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd November 2017, 10:57 AM
Post #75
Group icon
c:

15. MAGGIE SIMPSON
Perhaps a bit too low for such a prominent and incredibly cute character? I have absolutely no clue how I'm ranking these at the moment, all of them should really be top 10 at this stage and I still haven't decided who my #1 is going to be laugh.gif I've decided to penalise Maggie a bit for not being as central to most episodes as the other four members of the Simpsons family and the fact that she doesn't speak so she's obviously a much less developed character too. That doesn't stop The Simpsons from getting super creative and providing some of the biggest laughs in the show from Maggie's physical humour but I just can't put her any higher than this unfortunately sad.gif

16. SEYMOUR SKINNER
Another one that REALLY should be top 10 but there's just not enough room sad.gif Skinner probably has one of the most dry senses of humour in the show but the most laughs come from him being made a complete fool of by his students (mainly Bart, of course heehee.gif). He's a bit of a laughing stock at school and is a big reason why the scenes set at Springfield Elementary are often some of my favourites wub.gif Despite being one of the most controversial episodes of the show, I'd probably say that "The Principal and the Pauper" is one of my favourite episodes featuring Skinner ever ohmy.gif

17. SIDESHOW BOB
He's not in the show nearly enough (speaking appearances in ONLY 19 episodes!!) to really justify him being this high up in the countdown but he is the epitome of a BRILLIANT secondary (tertiary?!) character. Any episode with him as a focus is going to be a real treat and you know you're going to be in for a fun adventure. WHAT an episode "Cape Feare" is wub.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 3rd November 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #76
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

In the later episodes with Sideshow Bob, I was somewhat disappointed with the episode where he is a neighbour at the Simpsons. Early episodes, he was brilliant.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 3rd November 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #77
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Sideshow Bob is a brilliant villain, glad to see him so high!

Love Edna too (never forget Edna Krapabboly <3), she had an interesting character development over the series, especially compared to the other supporting characters! I guess you could say the same for Skinner too!

Didn't realise Fat Tony was no longer in the series ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 4th November 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #78
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Sideshow Bob is a hilarious and charming villain.
I also like Principal Skinner and Maggie. The latter I remember seeing in The Longest Daycare short in the cinema (during the screening of Ice Age 4) before I became a Simpsons fan.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 4th November 2017, 12:02 PM
Post #79
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Edna, Smithers, Maggie and Skinner are all great!

I'd like Groundskeeper Willie and Sideshow Bob more if used more tbh.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 4th November 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Edna is one of my favorite Simpsons characters. Was so sad when her voice actress died. sad.gif

Sideshow Bob on the other hand is one of my least favs. Always skip episodes featuring him.

Had the weirdest cursh on Groundskeeper Willie when I was younger laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: 4th November 2017, 01:24 PM

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 12:06 AM