BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 21, milestone age plans
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Oct 18 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

important image

This thread idea came into my head as my parents asked me earlier what I wanted to do for my 21st birthday and I realised that I didn't know, even though I'm already 20. I have tried to think of some ideas and one of them that isn't too lavish is to go to The Beatles museum ('The Beatles Story') in Liverpool as I've always wanted to go but just never have, so this would be a great opportunity to do so. They are of course my favourite band, my cousin recently went and said it was a really good day out which has made me want to go even more, so yeah there's an idea~

What I wanted to know is what did you guys do when you turned this milestone age? Any plans or did you just spend the day normally? If like me you're not yet 21, do you have an idea of what you want to do when you turn 21? Share your stories *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita
post Oct 18 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Going to spend my 21st birthday having just moved out to Germany alone mellow.gif I’ll try find something exciting to do xx

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Oct 18 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I went to Florida and spent my 21st Birthday in Disneyland and had dinner at the Be Our Guest restaurant from Beauty and the Beast. It was magical.

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 18 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

What a cool thread idea *.* lol @ that image being used for the millionth time haha

Not to put a downer on things, but I had a fairly depressing 21st if I'm completely honest (from what I remember of it) because everyone was out of town and I was spending the day at home on my own feeling sorry for myself. I remember one specific moment when a melancholic song called 'Twenty One' (by The Cranberries) came on shuffle on my iPod (RIP my iPod Classic x). So that was kinda surreal.

My sister did call me on the phone from abroad which was nice but I could barely speak because of all the emotions I was experiencing at the realization that I was now 21, and also from having so few friends in my life or things to do. In hindsight I should've done something nice for myself, even alone, instead of wallowing at home.

here's to the next few years of making up for lost times eh~

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Oct 18 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

My 21st birthday nicely falls on a weekend again so I should hopefully be able to spend most of it with you like I did my 20th magic.gif will probably just end up being a pretty normal day with a visit to the pub I guess lol, unless I think of something I want us to do within the next month x I don't really do extravagant birthday celebrations.

(we can go to the Mandarin buffet the night before tho *.)

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 18 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #6
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 18 2017, 11:42 PM) *
What a cool thread idea *.* lol @ that image being used for the millionth time haha

Not to put a downer on things, but I had a fairly depressing 21st if I'm completely honest (from what I remember of it) because everyone was out of town and I was spending the day at home on my own feeling sorry for myself. I remember one specific moment when a melancholic song called 'Twenty One' (by The Cranberries) came on shuffle on my iPod (RIP my iPod Classic x). So that was kinda surreal.

My sister did call me on the phone from abroad which was nice but I could barely speak because of all the emotions I was experiencing at the realization that I was now 21, and also from having so few friends in my life or things to do. In hindsight I should've done something nice for myself, even alone, instead of wallowing at home.

here's to the next few years of making up for lost times eh~
Mine wasn’t too great either lol, although I had a pretty good night a few days before, only it was that that made me feel more anxious than usual on my birthday :S I don’t really get what’s so special about these ages though lol, other than the legal things you “unlock” at 16/18/21 etc. #lifeislikeavideogame

This post has been edited by Spun's Labyrinth: Oct 18 2017, 11:28 PM

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Oct 18 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #7
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

QUOTE(Jade-o-Lantern�� @ Oct 18 2017, 11:33 PM) *
This thread idea came into my head as my parents asked me earlier what I wanted to do for my 21st birthday and I realised that I didn't know, even though I'm already 20. I have tried to think of some ideas and one of them that isn't too lavish is to go to The Beatles museum ('The Beatles Story') in Liverpool as I've always wanted to go but just never have, so this would be a great opportunity to do so. They are of course my favourite band, my cousin recently went and said it was a really good day out which has made me want to go even more, so yeah there's an idea~

What I wanted to know is what did you guys do when you turned this milestone age? Any plans or did you just spend the day normally? If like me you're not yet 21, do you have an idea of what you want to do when you turn 21? Share your stories *.*

I'm having the exact same thing with sorting out what to do for my 18th even though it is ages away �� I high key don't have a clue!!

Jade I think you will LOVE The Beatles Museum! I went there a few years ago (and also stayed next to where it was when I went to Liverpool to see Lana!) and it is really quite incredible, especially for someone who stans the Beatles! The area around there is rly nice as well and there is so many good shops *.* (we went for my sisters 18th and she is a massive Beatles stan & I think and it was one of her fave birthdays!)

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 19 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #8
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Last year I just had a giant party with some family friends and that consisted of Russian Standard vodka and some cheap iteration of beer pong.

tbh my birthday this year was a bit more eventful

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 19 2017, 03:40 AM
Post #9
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I did absolutely nothing for my 21st birthday laugh.gif I remember working during the day and then my parents had other plans that night, I just stayed home and watched TV. It didn't mean anything anyway because I don't drink...didn't try my first beer for several more months on a whim, and I haven't had it since.

+Quote Post
Maurice
post Oct 19 2017, 06:58 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I cant remember much from it, i believe it was quite a normal birthday. Ew at the tought this is nearly 10 years ago.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Oct 19 2017, 07:11 AM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I didn’t do anything particularly special for my 21st. I remember the K Ro song Commander being like my “birthday anthem” but that’s about it. I had some fun with friends and yeah that’s about it.

20 was a bigger thing for me as I spent it on the Barrier Reef (alone like but it was pretty cool). Continuing the trend of having better birthdays before milestones it looks like I’ll be in Aus for my 29th next year for a friends wedding which will be awesome

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Oct 19 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Took the week off work (still worked at Aldi at this point) and went on a lad's weekend to Leicester which ended up one of the more eventful nights out of my life. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jupiteer
post Oct 19 2017, 08:40 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Haha. I had the most underwhelming 21st ever. My flat had recently, I think the month before, planned a surprise 21st birthday party for one of our flatmates, so, naturally, I held off making any plans, thinking they might be planning to do the same for me.

...Unfortunately I was wrong! I ended up having nothing planned and then nobody I knew was free on short notice, so I bought myself a compensatory Chinese... and got food poisoning! Would not recommend. But it's funny looking back on it.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Oct 19 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

My 21st would've been perfect for Sam. I went to see "La La Land" x

(and treated myself to Kinky Boots at the theatre the day before since a trip to the cinema wouldn't be anything overly special heehee.gif)

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Oct 19 2017, 10:33 AM
Post #15
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I got engaged on my 21st heart.gif My partner and me are not married, even though it was a long time ago, a wedding isn't something that is too important to me, we already feel like we're married and refer to each other as wifey and hubby sometimes laugh.gif

I went to Chester zoo on my 21st as well. I much prefer to go for a day out on birthdays instead of getting presents, that way everyone can enjoy the day more.

This year was my 30th and I made a big deal about that, I was celebrating it from April to June (my birthday is the end of May laugh.gif ). I went to Disneyland Paris with my sister in April, then it was the usual family get-togethers and visits to the Cat Cafe in May, and then I went to Edinburgh with my partner.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 19 2017, 11:01 AM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Oct 19 2017, 12:41 AM) *
Jade I think you will LOVE The Beatles Museum! I went there a few years ago (and also stayed next to where it was when I went to Liverpool to see Lana!) and it is really quite incredible, especially for someone who stans the Beatles! The area around there is rly nice as well and there is so many good shops *.* (we went for my sisters 18th and she is a massive Beatles stan & I think and it was one of her fave birthdays!)

Ooh Sam ohmy.gif glad to hear that both you and your sister enjoyed it! I am adamant to make this happen now x

+Quote Post
danVember
post Oct 19 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #17
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

i've no idea what i want to do for my 21st either, maybe some sort of music festival as august is the season for that.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Oct 19 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #18
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I saw Clean Bandit on my 21st, which was the sort of thing that just lined up perfectly, still remember it and have little items (a watch and glass) that are mementos of that.

+Quote Post
Jacob Alan
post Oct 19 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #19
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Last year I went go karting. 21st goals tbh- speeding round a track for thrillz and knowing you're safe even if you crash. Went for drinks in the evening with family (so had like 1). Also got a saxophone (ohmy.gif ) as a present so tried that out a bit for the first time I think. Funnily enough I remember it better than my 22nd this year (listened to the Taylor Swift song tho x).

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 19 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #20
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

My 21st was the worst tbh. It was freshers week in 3rd year and I was living with a group of lads half of which were bullying me. I went out and had a mostly fun night but then a friend made it all about her and upset me quite a bit.

My 18th was sooooo much better. I had a massive party and my sister’s mate even made me a crown to wear. I Don’t Feel Like Dancing was no.1 and the sound of the whole evening.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:42 AM