BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you love your job?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
well?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
M.
post Oct 23 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

That should be enough options to cover most things tongue.gif Obviously I'm talking about the actual job itself and what it brings to you outside of the pay cheque lol. In the case of more extreme "no" answers, hopefully your co-workers / boss etc. are not secretly Buzzjack lurkers. But, share anything at your own risk I guess haha. Really I'm just interested to see how many people have ended up at a job they love ;o
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danVember
post Oct 23 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #2
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

No but I don't suppose anyone 'loves' stacking shelves in a supermarket.

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 23 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I don't work but I study and love it I love my course so much even though it is hard work laugh.gif.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 23 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I currently do not have a job but I absolutely loved every minute of working at HMV. I was lucky to have my dream retail job at 17 with such a huge passion for music and the charts. As for Uni, I go through phases of being like "why am I here?!" but on the whole I do love my course, yes. I stress myself out about projects but when it comes to the actual content I do feel passionate about it. I have had an interest in journalism since the age of about 8 and I have retained this fascination for the world and its people, plus writing articles myself. I am not so keen on the TV elements of my course, but thankfully my final project is magazine based so I'll have less broadcast modules this year.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 23 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Also don’t do proper work although my volunteering is usually rewarding. Sometimes I cba to do anything (although I never skip a day just for that teresa.gif ) I’d really love for that to eventually be my actual job though because it’d be so ideal and I’ve f*** all for other options laugh.gif

+Quote Post
breezyspice
post Oct 23 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,572
   No Gallery Pics

I do!

Although it comes with a lot of stress and anxiety and some days I wish I could be paid to just play video games instead.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Oct 23 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I also really enjoy my job. The work is varied and interesting. I’m also part of a great team who are such great fun to work with. I think that makes a whole world of difference

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 24 2017, 02:05 AM
Post #8
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I do love my job, even as crazy and stressful and thankless as it can be at times. I love everyone I work with and we all get along which I'm sure is very rare, plus I've met some fantastic people to make up for the terrible ones. I'm so lucky to work for the town that 5+ generations of my family have lived and to be one of the main people keeping it running!

That said, our local elections are in 2 weeks so this could all change if the wrong people get elected and some of us are pushed out of our jobs. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob Alan
post Oct 24 2017, 02:45 AM
Post #9
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I think so? I mean I'm not sure if I want to be working at Waitrose for my entire life but something really good to fall back on. My other job experiences have been either awful or mediocre at best and where I am now- the team's really nice, I know what I'm doing usually, it doesn't get too repetitive because I rotate to different sections a lot and the company treats their staff really well so I'm not complaining. Plus a discount on Waitrose food and John Lewis products- I can live with that. xx

As for my degree, I love it but keeping deadlines and trying to stay ahead/ where I should be/ knowing where I should be is a constant struggle haha but I'm managing. Studying popular music is so so interesting and I feel like I'm learning so much this year already. Just translating that to essays and recordings is the scary part.

A BJSC entry came up in a lecture today as a example and I was silently stanning (Burial - Archangel), things like this are the reason I chose this course obvs. kink.gif

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 24 2017, 06:27 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

It gets kinda boring but the people I work with makes it worthwhile (and the money ofc kink.gif)

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Oct 24 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder if anyone can guess which I voted for. My lips are sealed.

This post has been edited by commonsense: Oct 24 2017, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
lotita
post Oct 24 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #12
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I really like my job, the people I work with are lovely, the job itself is varied and they'll happily help me with development!

my degree is alright, I love the german side even though it's very difficult at times, and politics is a bit more boring but easier on the work side! (i have weekly homework for german on top of assignments, an exam and presentations, but both my politics modules is based on two essays only atm lmao). in one of my modules atm we're studying thucydides history of the peloponnesian war and i'm finding the lectures so interesting but i'm barely finding time to actually read the book- the language isnt hard too understand but there's too many figures/places which takes ages to get my head around mellow.gif also i'm technically doing a bse in politics (although my overall degree ends up being a ba because german) so i imagine my politics course isn't what most of ya'll would expect :') (it kinda shook me a lil bit too)

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Oct 24 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #13
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

My job isn't too bad, but I don't particularly get on with the people there. Always felt like the outsider there. But it doesn't bother me too much because with my job I mostly work on my own, and working nights means that I probably only see 5 or 6 other people on a shift, and no customers or senior management. The pay is good too.

So I'm indecisive. I don't hate my job, because if I did I'd do something about it and try to find a new one. But I don't love it either. I just put up with it for the decent pay and the (almost) freedom of working by myself most of the time. I tend to look on Indeed at other jobs, but unless its something completely different, or working with animals, I don't really bother applying for anything.

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Oct 24 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #14
Gunpowder!
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Being part of a great team is what makes me enjoy the work so much.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 24 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a few weeks into my job (half term now though woop) and I would say I'm enjoying it yeah, I certainly feel like I'm accomplishing a lot more here and I've found I can really make a visible difference and form a better relationship with students as support than a lead teacher and I do feel I'm breaking through to a few and am actually quite good at what I'm doing compared to last year where I just felt I was constantly not quite ready for it. The staff are generally really great as well and students' behaviour is a hell of a lot better than my last college which is great! And I am still tutoring privately so do still have teaching experience with small groups which is satisfying. I don't know if this role can last for the long term as it doesn't pay enough and isn't full time hours, but I'm more than happy to stick with it for the moment~

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #16
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I miss my old job more than anything, which I would say I loved. Retail wasn't what I wanted to do (I was only part-time) but I did enjoy the stockroom side of my job (customers not so much) and was with the store I was with for two and a bit years since they first opened at that particular branch. I do think a big part of my love for my old job was the people I worked with - whereas in the job I started just under two months ago, I don't have the same pull or sense of being apart of a team just yet.

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Oct 24 2017, 11:45 AM
Post #17
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I can honestly say that for me at this current time in my life, I have the best job in the world. It's incredibly difficult, challenging and upsetting at times but the positives far outweigh this and it's immensely rewarding. I'm also set for a promotion to a subject leader (maths) so even professionally things are on the up wub.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2017, 11:48 AM
Post #18
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(WitchHaus @ Oct 24 2017, 12:45 PM) *
I can honestly say that for me at this current time in my life, I have the best job in the world. It's incredibly difficult, challenging and upsetting at times but the positives far outweigh this and it's immensely rewarding. I'm also set for a promotion to a subject leader (maths) so even professionally things are on the up wub.gif

I agree with you on this one - it really is one of the most challenging careers there is! Well done on your near promotion though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Oct 24 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I absolutely despise mine biggrin.gif

Glad to hear a lot of you aren't in the same boat though!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 24 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #20
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

No, I absolutely loathe my job and hate pretty much everything about it bar the pay which is why I haven't quite yet. I can't wait until I've finished uni and I can pack it in *.*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:45 AM