BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Hey everyone! 😃, The truth never tasted so sweet as now...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Oct 23 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Hey everyone! smile.gif

Iím in a pretty good mood right now, and Iíll tell you why! happy.gif

At the outset, Iíll just apologise for the lengthy essay Iím about to present you with, which took me a while to type up this evening, but I had to be thorough and double check my message due to the somewhat serious allegations made.

So then, as most of you will know I received a 24 hour ban from Buzzjack yesterday for supposedly creating another account on the site using the same IP address and entering it into BJSC. This is something I flat-out denied as I simply would not stoop to such a level and compromise everything Iíve worked so hard for this past year. I value my reputation on Buzzjack very very much and Iíve made some wonderful friends on here and enjoyed some great forum activities. Iím on the site almost all the time as youíll know. So to throw that all away and cheat on a forum contest is outrageous for someone like me to do.

I didnít need to understand the rules of the contest to know just how obviously wrong it is trying to submit a fake account to any contest on Buzzjack. For anyone whose tried it before, and were dumb enough to do so, then they rightly deserved whatever came to them.

I found out exactly the same day as the rest of you what happened, Sunday October 22nd 2017, and so I took steps as soon as I could to try and find out what had happened.

I began today by contacting my ISP Virgin Media to see if I could gain access to the history of the account to hopefully see who else may have accessed the IP in the last 30 days, but after holding on for quite some time (they like to keep you waiting donít they laugh.gif) they eventually advised that were unable to give me any information as no such records of that nature existed.

Due to my continued concern to my personal security I decided to have the WiFi password changed afterwards and then went about logging each device and computer in the home that connects to WiFi and went about reconnecting them with the new password. This included my own devices and my parents too.

This was when something came to light. When I came to reconnecting my parents laptop, to my surprise I found that there was a user profile set up for my brother who no longer lives at home, but with his girlfriend (yes I do have a younger brother). Mum said the laptop used to belong to him but he gave it to them some time back. This still puzzled me why there was a password protected user account for him on the laptop, so after work I asked him to pop round for a cuppa which he still does on occasion.

At first I suspected nothing, but I still had to rule out any possibilities. I asked him about the laptop and why there was a user account for him still, and he said sometimes he uses it when heís visiting to stream live football matches, and come to think of it I have noticed him do that once or twice just assuming he was using mum or dadís user profile. All seemed relatively fine, and then I asked him the awkward question if heíd ever visited a site called Buzzjack before, expecting a confused look in return...

Instead...

To my utmost surprise...

The question was followed by a big grin from him! ohmy.gif

So this of course lead to many questions from me as I tried to unravel what might have happened...

I started asking him how he knew about the site. He recalled seeing me on my iPad browsing the forum one time when he was over and decided to take a look himself. So I then asked him if he had made an account on there. Sheepishly he said yes and so I asked him what the account was named as. He said that it was a random choice he made some time back when we spent a night rewatching old 90ís shows we used to enjoy when we were younger, and he said that while The Simpsons was on he was using the laptop and made an account name Iíd never think to associate him with called Barney! ohmy.gif

Still quite shocked at this discovery, I asked him why he joined the site. He said he just browsed very occasionally but that he had posted on there before. I asked if he knew anything about the Buzzjack Song Contest (which by the way is a very unusual conversation to be having with someone out loud laugh.gif) Then timidly he admitted to using the laptop earlier last week when he was over, and I was conveniently out, to browse and he said he saw a banner at the top of the page and decided to see what it was about. He said heíd worked out what it was and that I was involved in it, and so decided he would have a go and see how long it would take for me to work out it was him! ohmy.gif

To say I was gobsmacked is probably the understatement of the year lol. I literally couldnít believe what I was hearing! He told me the name of his country was a clue, and I just couldnít work out how... I remember seeing the name ďWastelandĒ on there but not thinking much of it at the time, but then he reminded me (much to my amusement) that ďWastelandĒ was the the name of one of the arenas on Rocket League which is a game we play online together relatively often still on PS4 (Mind you I have more trophies than he does laugh.gif)!

Then of course I was intrigued to know what heíd tried to send as his chosen song. When he told me I literally burst out laughing because of its relevance to us both at one time. laugh.gif I believe it was from 2007 from a dance act called Justice entitled D.A.N.C.E. See for us, it was an inside joke! Back when we each first knew that song weíd add our own alphabet lyrics to it and often use it as a means of getting the other person to do something they didnít want to lol. kink.gif This ritual lasted a fair while now I recall. laugh.gif

I told him a song that well known would probably have got vetoed, which he didnít understand. laugh.gif

So after this incredible discovery was made, there was still one final matter I wasnít able to quite put to bed, and that was to do with the IP address associated to both accounts, mine and his. Because surely, in my opinion, if he knew about this site, then he would be accessing it privately on his own IP address either on WiFi or 4G. He said that he often does, but only as a guest because he couldnít recall his login credentials when he set up the account and just preferred to log in from the home laptop when he occasionally visited. Iím sure of course he could have just reset his password though if heíd bothered to. Finally, for my own peace of mind, I asked him to show me from the laptop in our home that he had indeed been browsing Buzzjack, and once heíd logged in to his user profile, low and behold, there in the internet browser history were a load of links to Buzzjack! ohmy.gif

Utterly, utterly amazed at this news and elated that Iíve now had my name cleared, and more importantly from my perspective, that there isnít any unknown suspicious activity going on with my IP address that I had feared before.

So there it is guys, to my shock and amusement, my brother created the account I didnít know about until now and he did indeed attempt to enter BJSC 100 under the name Wasteland! I guess now in hindsight, considering how many other siblings there are on this site, itís not too uncommon for one sibling to notice what the other is doing on Buzzjack and try to follow suit. I just never expected that to happen in my own case lol.

Sorry that both you, and me, had to find out this way and now wonít see Zanmatony in the 100th Buzzjack Song Contest as originally hoped for. I donít blame the mods for their actions, they did what they thought was right at the time, but if Iíd had a little bit more time to investigate, I might have saved everyone, including my brother, from this big embarrassment.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. smile.gif

Sincerely
Andrew
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Oct 23 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

methinks the truth is actually

Live from Peru!

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 23 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #3
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HissingSparkler @ Oct 22 2017, 12:44 PM) *
Barney could be one of awardinary's family members or someone else also living in his house, the same IP address doesn't necessarily mean the same person.
How did you call that?!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 23 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

You know what, I believe you Wardy. I had no idea what to think before but after reading that post it does seem legit. The part that struck me was Wasteland sending Justice - 'D.A.N.C.E.'... you would have known that it would've been an obvious veto.

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 23 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #5
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Im glad we have your side to what happened and tbh I believe you more because you would have known about the veto like why would you pretend to be a new country and send something so blatant to be a veto? that part didn't make sense the most.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Oct 23 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #6
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

QUOTE(T H I N G @ Oct 23 2017, 09:01 PM) *
methinks the truth is actually

Live from Peru!

Rancid and unpalatable?

+Quote Post
The Diplomat
post Oct 23 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #7
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I am so glad Zanmatony can probably now still compete in BJSC from next time.

Also can your brother still be on Buzzjack please too with Wasteland there are other sibling duos on Buzzjack of course.

As to the apparent double sending that got you the ban awardinary, I agree it didn't make sense either and seemed a very silly and risky thing to do for someone who clearly enjoyed being in the contest so much.

This post has been edited by HissingSparkler: Oct 23 2017, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Oct 23 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I feel as though the only way to get out of this is to literally film a video with your brother and getting him to admit it. We can say anything via words sad.gif

+Quote Post
danVember
post Oct 23 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #9
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

so pleased to hear this!! shame you won't be able to compete this time around but of course the mods were right to be suspicious.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 23 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #10
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I believe you also Wardy of course, but unfortunately Iím not wh youíve got to convince! Do you have any presentable evidence on this?

+Quote Post
kye
post Oct 23 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #11
ē Aesthetic Party ē
Member No.: 2,169

even if it's not true, you should be allowed back for putting that much effort into the story.

This post has been edited by kye: Oct 23 2017, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 23 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Christ it's an online song contest lmao

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 23 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #13
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(kye @ Oct 23 2017, 09:20 PM) *
even if it's not true, you should be allowed back for putting that much effort into the story.

laugh.gif

I did enjoy the irrelevant bit about the telephone call to Virgin Media. I wonder if their operators have ever heard of the hallowed BuzzJack Song Contest?

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Oct 23 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 23 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #15
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 23 2017, 09:22 PM) *
Christ it's an online song contest lmao
He still has the right to tell his part of story and prove his innocence

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 23 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #16
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 23 2017, 01:09 PM) *
I feel as though the only way to get out of this is to literally film a video with your brother and getting him to admit it. We can say anything via words sad.gif
QUOTE(Spun @ Oct 23 2017, 01:18 PM) *
I believe you also Wardy of course, but unfortunately I’m not wh you’ve got to convince! Do you have any presentable evidence on this?
I feel like this is unfortunately the ramifications of being the core of a scandal such as this. Something like this happens where there has been a history of occurrences, and your credibility as a person is shot down the drain. It's sad that this has happened to Wardy so soon into his Buzzjack career but that's people for you.

I applaud Wardy for taking the time and courage to tell his side of the story and trying to get to the bottom told things and I hope that this is resolved soon. Glad it ended up not being something much worse!

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Oct 23 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I'm glad you've found out what happened,Wardy.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 23 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #18
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Okay but think about if this was me and Cameron when I first joined. I remember Cameron having this exact fear that the mods would think I was an alias of his so I made sure I established myself as a separate individual first, being open about how I know Cameron etc. I think I even had an actual picture of myself on my profile kink.gif

I dont get what your brother would have to gain by keeping "his" buzzjack account a secret from you though when he supposedly knows it's a site you visit? Again, if it were me, I'd say to Cameron that I'd signed up and ask him about it etc. I also don't get how you wouldn't know if your brother visited home?? Even if you were at work, wouldn't your parents be like oh he dropped by earlier, you missed him etc? :/

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Oct 23 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #19
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

He could have done an Alanna and been like 'I am here to win before Seven' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 23 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

i'm a very sceptical person but i 100% believe this

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:40 AM