BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you think Buzzjack posters are like in Real Life?, ??
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post Oct 27 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #1
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

So, we know that many Buzzjack posters have had meetups, but what do you think some of the posters on here are like in real life? Do you think some are maybe more timid and quiet compared to their loudness on here? Do you think someone who sets a good example on the site is a party animal in real life?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 27 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #2
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 27 2017, 11:36 AM) *
Do you think someone who sets a good example on the site is a party animal in real life?
okay fess up JADE

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 27 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(TheStareCrow-dy @ Oct 27 2017, 07:36 PM) *
okay fess up JADE

I am on the way to a party and am dressed up as an animal so I legit tick both the boxes of that phrase tonight tbh

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 27 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

For one, I think Spadam isn't as much of a bag of nerves (sorry) as he often mentions on here. At least not in a significantly noticeable way. Maybe I'm way off base... I know Jade is more reserved in real life which I can imagine too.

(edited out second part as was personal lmao. I like being raw but then get embarrassed bout it)

This post has been edited by HowtoCookMattias: Oct 27 2017, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 27 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 27 2017, 10:15 PM) *
For one, I think Spadam isn't as much of a bag of nerves (sorry) as he often mentions on here. At least not in a significantly noticeable way. Maybe I'm way off base... I know Jade is more reserved in real life which I can imagine too.

(edited out second part as was personal lmao. I like being raw but then get embarrassed bout it)
rip me not being mentioned on here kink.gif but tbh I don’t know what to think lmao, I’m constantly changing how I feel about it all on a daily basis :’) you’d be right if you’re referring to 2016 me though cool2.gif (rip :’( )

Yay at you deleting whatever horror was contained in the second part cheer.gif

This post has been edited by Spun's Labyrinth: Oct 27 2017, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 27 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Yeah in all seriousness I am definitely more reserved in real life. I wish I could express myself as confidently in person as I can on here!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 27 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #7
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Idk, tbh I think anyone who consciously changes themselves online in comparison to how they actually are irl are a bit :/// pretty much everyone I've met is exactly how I know them to be from chatting online, it's natural to be more reserved I think, especially on first meeting.

Ben is smaller than expected tho.

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 27 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #8
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I've not met any posters yet so I can't comment if they are different to how they are online but I would love it if the more innocent ones are more lewd then they are letting on tbh

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 28 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(ᴄᴀɴɴɪ @ Oct 27 2017, 11:50 PM) *
Idk, tbh I think anyone who consciously changes themselves online in comparison to how they actually are irl are a bit :/// pretty much everyone I've met is exactly how I know them to be from chatting online, it's natural to be more reserved I think, especially on first meeting.

Ben is smaller than expected tho.

Yeah same more or less everyone I've met has been how I have expected them to be, with the exception of like being a bit quieter at first in some cases but I wouldn't say that's a huge personality change as such, that's just the fact that some people are a bit nervous meeting people which is so me laugh.gif It takes maybe even just an hour or so for me, and then you realise this is the exact same person you have so much in common with online laugh.gif

+Quote Post
aDNAn
post Oct 28 2017, 03:07 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

QUOTE(Jade-o-Lantern🎃 @ Oct 28 2017, 12:41 AM) *
Yeah in all seriousness I am definitely more reserved in real life. I wish I could express myself as confidently in person as I can on here!

Omg that is totally the opposite with me...I am much more vocal irl than online...i used to be vocal online in past as well but now I became this person who just enjoys reading almost any thread without getting involved.

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 28 2017, 06:51 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I think it's interesting to note than writing (and therefore I assume typing) and speaking vocally come from different parts of the brain! lol I just had this thought that surely it's the case and voilà - googled it and it is true! I tend to feel I'm different on here than real life partly because of this (which is completely accidental) - when typing / writing, I think more about what I'm saying whereas when speaking, I tend to be more vague with my words most of the time and it's not like I speak that much in real life anyway unless I'm comfortable with the person. I don't mingle with people enough in real life to even know the true potential of what I am in real life lol.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Oct 28 2017, 07:00 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I’m probably a bit more opinionated here than I am in real life but I wouldn’t say I’m a different person at all.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 28 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 28 2017, 07:51 AM) *
I think it's interesting to note than writing (and therefore I assume typing) and speaking vocally come from different parts of the brain! lol I just had this thought that surely it's the case and voilà - googled it and it is true! I tend to feel I'm different on here than real life partly because of this (which is completely accidental) - when typing / writing, I think more about what I'm saying whereas when speaking, I tend to be more vague with my words most of the time and it's not like I speak that much in real life anyway unless I'm comfortable with the person. I don't mingle with people enough in real life to even know the true potential of what I am in real life lol.
I’ve known this for years now and yeah it does make complete sense. Not everyone gets it but that’s because not everyone has it. It can be more than just anxiety too. I think about things I’ve said on here and how people have reacted like an angry mob and I think, if I said that irl I’d surely feel even worse and would likely experience a panic attack or smt, I know this might feel like I’m pussing out or smt but I can’t help that, I overthink and I underthink at all the wrong situations and I really can’t help that lol :’) saying that when I see someone else say something controversial irl to someone they don’t seem to be as unforgiving or aggressive in their response which is kinda confusing so I look at buzzjack and think maybe it’s not such an accurate medium for examples of social conflict? Or maybe it’s just the personality types on here, or I’m just merely interpreting words as anger when they actually aren’t supposed to be come across that way... thinking.gif idk, I know many people on here have anxiety and they can use the interwebz to avoid most of it and I guess sometimes it works the other end of the scale and they are more free to respond bluntly like they wish they were comfortable to do irl. I wouldn’t say I’m a different person irl because I still have the thoughts etc, I’m aware I seem to have a different personality depending on who I’m with and this is also irl as well, but don’t interpret that as being two faced or anything because it’s actually the opposite, it’s like I don’t feel like I have a proper single personality, it’s weird :S I just don’t feel ready to express them, and I’m not sure I ever will considering my issues etc., the only reason I’m still expressing myself on here is because that’s the only place I do it on and I don’t think keeping thoughts in my head will be a good idea or imma explode or smt laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Spun's Labyrinth: Oct 28 2017, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 28 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #14
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm a lot more fun-loving and happy-go-lucky in real life than here.

I tend to use this as a stress outlet quite a lot (that and some people do actually stress me).

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 28 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

@Spadam (I won't quote that as it's quite long and I'm not sure which pieces to cut out etc). To be completely honest, I do feel kinda bad for people who see things "differently" (hell, I do it too) because other people often compliment this and say that like, wow, that's a unique way of seeing that and I never even thought of it like that! etc. But I can say from experience (maybe it's different for you, but I can sorta tell that it's similar) that sometimes it really just sucks for the person in question. It can be so hard to be in the minority when it comes to just the way you think. I know that you, for example, just tend to have quite a complex way of thinking about some things, and I actually think so many others do as well - but the thing is, most others probably have found ways to say things in a more """easily understandable""" way (I don't know how else to put it lmao). It's all about being aware of how you think about something but then bringing it out of yourself in a way that would be easy to understand. I'm awfully sorry, Cameron and everyone else for this going so off-topic.

now go and be happy

+Quote Post
leewallace
post Oct 28 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #16
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Apparently I’m polite and nice 🙄

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Oct 28 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #17
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a nervous wreck

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Oct 28 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #18
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(leewallace @ Oct 28 2017, 01:51 PM) *
Apparently I’m polite and nice 🙄

I'm still STRUCK by the difference

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Oct 28 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(HowtoCookMattias @ Oct 28 2017, 02:45 PM) *
@Spadam (I won't quote that as it's quite long and I'm not sure which pieces to cut out etc). To be completely honest, I do feel kinda bad for people who see things "differently" (hell, I do it too) because other people often compliment this and say that like, wow, that's a unique way of seeing that and I never even thought of it like that! etc. But I can say from experience (maybe it's different for you, but I can sorta tell that it's similar) that sometimes it really just sucks for the person in question. It can be so hard to be in the minority when it comes to just the way you think. I know that you, for example, just tend to have quite a complex way of thinking about some things, and I actually think so many others do as well - but the thing is, most others probably have found ways to say things in a more """easily understandable""" way (I don't know how else to put it lmao). It's all about being aware of how you think about something but then bringing it out of yourself in a way that would be easy to understand. I'm awfully sorry, Cameron and everyone else for this going so off-topic.

now go and be happy
I think the hardest thing for me is, I want to say something like when replying to someone, and believe me I can take aaaages to make that reply (another reason why I stfu irl is because you don't have the TIME to think things through) and even when I do eventually post, BOOM! Everyone misunderstands what I say and turn it around to make me out to be the f***ing darth vader of the forum or smt nocheer.gif it's very stressful and esteem lowering and I can't see how else I can overcome that other than try and convince people that even if it seems like I'm coming across as ignorant or whatever, that I simply ask them to try and see it from a different point of view that I'm putting the wrong words into my posts instead of going down the easy route and assuming otherwise. I mean it's no one's fault really, even I have thought ill of posters/people who appear to be arrogant etc. and that's easy to assume to people you don't know very well, but I think when it comes to someone you've known for a while (hi.gif) you could maybe take a step back and think "it LOOKS like this lad is saying something :/ about this topic, but this isn't what I was expecting from him so perhaps he's just got his vocabs in a knot thinking.gif "

I'm really passionate about wanting to get this message across not just for me, but others who have been wrongly accused of various things, some of which have even left the site because of it and I think the site would be more welcoming if there was a more positive and unassuming atmosphere, which was one reason why 2015-2016 was my favourite period on here, back when everyone for the most part just got along and since then the site hasn't shone as bright. I'd love to have that atmosphere again some time heart.gif

This post has been edited by Spun's Labyrinth: Oct 28 2017, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 28 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say.

I wanted to say something like this in another thread recently: if I've learned anything in my 20-something years on this planet, it's that ultimately, people just have different ways of seeing things / different personalities, but we all kinda have to be here in this place together (I don't mean the forum, I mean the world) and as long as people exist, there will be all sorts of weird conflicts due to people seeing things differently. While I don't really think there is a "right" way to see or do things, or the right way to be, I don't think this conflict can ever really be solved.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 05:39 AM