BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here's another reason the Daily Mail is disgusting
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
mdh
post Oct 29 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Read this

NHS pressured our kids to change sex: Transgender backlash as desperate parents accuse overzealous therapists of 'blindly accepting' children's claims to have been born in wrong body

I have no words for this unsure.gif mellow.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 29 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Omg what?

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 29 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

(in summary the Daily Mail are saying that people that are born in the wrong body are supposedly 'pressured' into getting gender changes and basically portraying the entire trans community as a joke. their excuse for this is that 'parents don't get a say', why the bloody hell should it be the parent's choice whether a child gets to be who they are or not? ffs)

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Oct 29 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

That is rather awful already but what is worse they have used a picture of someone who is trans without their permission.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 29 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jessie j @ Oct 29 2017, 04:50 PM) *
(in summary the Daily Mail are saying that people that are born in the wrong body are supposedly 'pressured' into getting gender changes and basically portraying the entire trans community as a joke. their excuse for this is that 'parents don't get a say', why the bloody hell should it be the parent's choice whether a child gets to be who they are or not? ffs)

No I get it, I just can’t believe it.

+Quote Post
Jupiteer
post Oct 29 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Not a fan of the DM. These false news stories are getting ridiculous in the big papers. This coming after the false story attacking a black student earlier this week and the muslim foster child one back at the start of the month... surely come close to crossing the line against inciting hate against minorities?

+Quote Post
danVember
post Oct 29 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #7
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

it's a badly written article, sure (as you'd expect from DM). definitely disagree with the claim that YouTube stars are making being transgender 'cool'.

but I don't think children are mature enough to be making such a huge and important decision as having a sex-change operation or taking hormones. once they're of age (18) then absolutely they should be able to regardless of whether the parents approve.

+Quote Post
Cody Cranberry
post Oct 29 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #8
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I do get what Dan is saying, particularly regarding parental consent, because no matter whether they do decide to transition or not, they can't do it on their own because they're only minors. Then again, there is some blame on the parents as well because some of the reasoning seems more internally biased rather than monetary.

The amount of bias is disgusting though, and it almost seems borderline unprofessional. Like there should at least be some tact.

+Quote Post
The Diplomat
post Oct 29 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #9
Life is too short for shade.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(DANKENSTEIN @ Oct 29 2017, 05:52 PM) *
it's a badly written article, sure (as you'd expect from DM). definitely disagree with the claim that YouTube stars are making being transgender 'cool'.

but I don't think children are mature enough to be making such a huge and important decision as having a sex-change operation or taking hormones. once they're of age (18) then absolutely they should be able to regardless of whether the parents approve.

Yep I agree dan,

The article definitely doesn't take the right tone in what is a very sensitive issue imo, but also yes any transitioning should only occur once they have reached 18 imo as it is a huge and important decision.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Oct 29 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #10
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(DANKENSTEIN @ Oct 29 2017, 01:52 PM) *

The issue with that is that you can have a much smoother transition, one that puts way less stress on the human body, if the process begins before puberty reaches its final stages in the late teen years.

The answer is to have an unbiased psychologist to assess the minor and their parents. I believe in most practices you have to go to a therapist for 3-6 months for evaluation before the physical process can even begin. Also, the daily mail is a terrible publication... and I have to deal with Fox News on a daily basis. Did their journalists even finish their major before getting employed? Ffs.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 29 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Totally agree with Tyler, imagine being a boy born in a girls body and have to grow girls features and go through all the shit that girls do, while feeling massively uncomfortable in your own body? Surely that's not only mentally damaging but preventing a trans kid from growing up being who they want to be?

+Quote Post
Jupiteer
post Oct 29 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I do know that the hormones just put puberty off, so if the person was to change their mind later in life and decide that didn't want to go through with it, puberty would just start again where it left off and their body would develop as it had been going to.

With that in mind I see the argument for trying it out.

+Quote Post
The Diplomat
post Oct 29 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #13
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(FreddyVsJupiter @ Oct 29 2017, 08:57 PM) *
if the person was to change their mind later in life and decide that didn't want to go through with it, puberty would just start again where it left off and their body would develop as it had been going to.

Is it safe though to go through puberty later in life than the natural time? I don't know because I am not a doctor but the changing your mind scenario you have given there does sound a bit risky for the person's health.

This post has been edited by The Diplomat: Oct 29 2017, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Oct 29 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

This from NPR is a reasonably well balanced look at the topic raised by this utter trash can fire of an article. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=90234780

The Daily Hate&Fear really should be shut down, by force and everyone responsible for it fired into the sun.

And to answer a few of the questions, the drug used to delay puberty is perfectly safe. It's used to delay the onset of puberty for those who go through it too early. Not to mention the actual window for naturally experiencing puberty does vary quite significantly.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 30 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #15
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I hate the fact that they're pinning being transgender on following an Internet trend, like wtaf?? Trying to back that up with saying there's more people seeking help about their identity compared to 2009, yea that's because more people are becoming aware and finding online spaces with like-minded people etc where they can be accepted and can get information on taking steps to be the person they feel they should be. Gender is such a personal thing, why can't people just accept that nobody except the individual themselves has the right to say what gender someone should be. It's affecting them far more than it ever will anyone else at the end of the day.

Also, why are they calling Miles McKenna "Miss McKenna" when he is a trans guy, that's just gross.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 30 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #16
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Googled the writer and ofc he's a whte old man :') Why do white old men always have to decide or opine the lives of women, trans people etc etc etc. I think being a trans child or trans person in general is something you couldn't fully speak about unless you have been through it, I've studied it so I've read about it and watched loads of documentaries and stuff and the thing that strikes me is how adamant children can be and how good they are at explaining it. I think with a feeling like that, even like 8-10 year olds can know. Besides if they are to present as the opposite gender and live as it while they are primary school it's not really going to hurt them, kids of hat age are quite good at just ignoring and accepting it without qualms, they don't really care. Not to mention the example of the 13 year olds, I'm sorry but if you have really truly felt deeply like the opposite gender for your entire childhood, it is clearly not a phase. There is evidence of it being properly biological too, the brains of trans individuals have been found to often be different, so a male feeling female has certain bits of the brain bigger or smaller like a female brain. But ever case is different, and I feel like it's something you would just know doesn't feel right, even as a child. At 13 if you're gonna start going through puberty and becoming more and more set in the gender you don't want to be that matches the body you shouldn't ave been born in, that's going to be more damaging mental health wise than having a perfectly safe drug to stay presenting as the gender you feel. If they do end up at 17/18 and thinking "nope I am a boy after all" then he drug has only postponed, not totally halted, puberty. Doctors generally tend to know what they are talking about as they, you know, have kind of trained a lot? ohmy.gif Especially the growing number of experts in this field, ou wouldn't sy that doctors are blindly accepting of my child feeling like they have the flu because they give them antiviral drugs... They are there to understand and help, surely any parent who is worth their salt would want somebody who understands and can help however heir child is feeling?

As for it being a trend, good lord. More people come out as gay now as well, but it's not more prevalent it's just more accepted. If only the idiots who "write" for the daily Mail would accept being anything other than straight white and male, honestly the children they're spending all their time fretting about are infinitely more accepting and understanding. Then again a snail is more understanding and accepting than the trash who "write" for this sorry excuse of a publication.

+Quote Post
Buttered Muffin
post Oct 30 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #17
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ᴄᴀɴɴɪ @ Oct 30 2017, 10:19 AM) *
I hate the fact that they're pinning being transgender on following an Internet trend, like wtaf?? Trying to back that up with saying there's more people seeking help about their identity compared to 2009, yea that's because more people are becoming aware and finding online spaces with like-minded people etc where they can be accepted and can get information on taking steps to be the person they feel they should be. Gender is such a personal thing, why can't people just accept that nobody except the individual themselves has the right to say what gender someone should be. It's affecting them far more than it ever will anyone else at the end of the day.

Also, why are they calling Miles McKenna "Miss McKenna" when he is a trans guy, that's just gross.

THIS!!

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is transitioning becausea it's a 'trend' - just as there AREN'T more gay people or a trend for it like DM also believes. It's just people are more confident showing who they are - although retrograde rags like this try to prevent it. They always seem to forget the STIGMA and prejudice people face for being trans - people aren't whimsically theowing themselves into the face of adveristy for a TREND!!!

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 30 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

NO straight white male should be allowed to challenge the rights/experiences/problems of any minority as they've had absolutely no experience how it feels to be oppressed for who you are and ridiculed for being different. Thank f*** the majority of these dickheads are old.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 30 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

This is rife in most schools . I know some kids who seem to Change gender quite frequently . One month gay one month transgender . They seem to think it's ok to behave in this manner. They talk about it openly like it's a status.
All this LGBT stuff has gone too far now. Enough is enough.
Being transgender is the new thing these days.
Yes, attention seeking weirdo lefties
This has gone too far. What sort of world is this becoming? I really fear for this generation

The comments make me feel sick.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Oct 30 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Ugh comments to articles like that make me sick. All the bored straight white stay at home housewives chanting on, log out and shut the f*** up Susan.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:40 AM