BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How often do you read / watch news?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
About how often usually?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
M.
post Oct 30 2017, 10:43 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Approximately how often would you say you find out what's going on in the world through news sources? Do you have a routine or do you tend to find out stuff that's happening from people around you instead? (this was SO me for ages)

I had a VERY GOOD habit of reading the news app on my phone every day for a few months (like this: coffee.gif) but I've let that slide for some reason in the past couple of months so I'm not even sure how to answer my own poll :') It's one of those things I rly wanna get back into. The past couple of months I've just kinda found out stuff on here / from people around me, or occasionally I have visited my news app.

Actually I'm going to be clever and add in an option (the last one) just for me laugh.gif Others may need it too ofc.

Sometimes the news can be overwhelming, ngl, but I do genuinely enjoy finding out what's happening and even discussing it with some select people occasionally which is something I used to do like never.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Oct 30 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #2
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I'm on bbc news quite a few times a day when I'm at work. Depresses the hell outta me really but some of it is interesting.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 30 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I check the news several times a day! I need to be clued up on a lot of topics in case I end up being a reporter for a news day at University. Often I will be covering local news but we do try and put a local angle on national news too. I have a keen interest in news & current affairs anyway so I don't feel like I'm forced to consume it. I usually have a look at BBC News a few times a day, the Chronicle & Echo (our local newspaper site), elsewhere on the Internet like social media which can be good for breaking news and I also have the TV on in the background so I can tune in to the evening news on BBC or ITV. So yeah a lot of news consumption in one day! But I love to find out what is going on in the world around us.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Oct 30 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #4
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I often watch the news in the evenings but not always. I'll check the sky news app at least once a day too smile.gif

+Quote Post
JingleBellJupes
post Oct 30 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

At least once a day. I read stuff on my phone. Don't watch it as the news on tv is usually one or more of: 1) depressing 2) gratuitous 3) reporting from an agenda rather than just the facts. The last one's especially noticeable with internal stuff like UK news from within the UK.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Oct 30 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #6
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Used to be several times a day. But, it’s made me cynical. I’m informed. Just don’t read the comments, because holy shit people are unintelligent and UNAWARE.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 30 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

like only when something BIG or interesting happens, I've thought about maybe adding reading/watching news as one of the things "I do" recently actually thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Oct 30 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Several times a day, I mean it's important to be well informed. I always get a look at the newspaper on the train to and from work and I have news apps that send me notifications and that I read in spare moments. I never rlly watch it on TV though for the same reasons as Jupiter and also cos there's nearly always someone I hate being interviewed or shown pictures of that I can't bear.

Also once seeing this wonderful thing, you can't really take them that seriously:

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Oct 30 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #9
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The news is basically what I use social media for, I can see the latest stories through Facebook and Twitter from the sources I like as well as seeing other papers from what others have liked. I feel it’s very important to continually be in the know.

I often catch the BBC News at 6 or 10 quite regularly with the main stories.

I have perhaps taken a slight rest recently after the heavy EU ref/US election/UK election overload though kink.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Oct 30 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #10
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I always check the BBC News website at least a couple of times per day, it's a good way to pass time at uni between lectures (even if a bit depressing a lot of the time). I try to keep up with a couple of news / politics related subreddits every day as well ~

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 30 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #11
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I put a few times a week, even though I do read the newspaper everyday but sometimes just skim through if there's nothing I find worth reading. I also have a few news sites that I'll check once or twice a week, not on a regular basis really. It's not particularly enjoyable imo, half the time the news just leaves me frustrated or depressed.

+Quote Post
breezyspice
post Nov 2 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,572
   No Gallery Pics

Multiple times a day!

I see the news feeds on Facebook by default although I hate getting any information from Facebook. I look through what's trending on Twitter and follow some better publications there. My bf is heavy into politics and world news so I get a lot of information from him after he's had a read and then at night we watch shows like John Oliver, Jeff Jefferies, Bill Maher, and Trevor Noah along with our local news and national news.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:54 AM