BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Lounge Recognition: October 2017, feat. a little change
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Nov 1 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hello everyone hi.gif us Lounge mods have been planning behind the scenes for this as ever and we decided that we would like to instate a change to this format.

We felt that it was getting hard to distinguish between 'best contribution' and 'best thread' so we are scrapping the former category and widening the latter category. It made sense when the list was always so long for thread nominations but it was harder to find things appropriate for contribution. So now we will have best poster and a top 3 for threads!

So, without further ado, we would like to recognise the following in The Lounge for the month of October:
  • Best poster for October 2017: Mattias
It was a no brainer this time for poster as Mattias has been back with a bang! Even having a quick comb through the Lounge results in plentiful well-received Mattias threads popping up. We thought the likes of: 'what poster do you have the most in common with musically', 'Lyrics that speak to you', 'Moral Alignment Thread' and 'Have you ever inspired a thread?' just to name a handful were brilliant for boosting discussion this month. Keep up the good work!
  • Best threads for October 2017:
01) rave.dj by UltraReputation

This nomination was instantly unanimous for all 5 of us. Sam posted a thread to show us her creations on rave.dj, a site where you can mash-up two songs. Before long loads of us were getting involved with making our own creations! This resulted in lots of laughs and being in awe at how well certain mash-ups worked. This thread went on to inspire the 'Rave.dj: Your Creation' competition (5 hours left to confirm for anyone interested!!) and generally brought so much buzz to the Lounge this month with 12 pages of response.

02) Your Gender by LexC

This month Lex posed the question 'How do you feel about your gender?' to all of us in the Lounge. We felt that this topic was extremely thought-provoking and resulted in lots of interesting discussion from our members. This was a great example of how to turn a subject quite close to your heart into a strong discussion. It was excellent to observe so much passion for the topic in one thread.

03) Adapt a song for a Buzzjack member by burbe

Our final shout for this month is now something pretty lighthearted! burbe aka Ben wanted us to come up with alternative song titles that incorporate the personalities of Buzzjack members. Michelle McManus - 'All This Grime' for ML Hammer95 for example kink.gif we thought this thread was something a bit different and enjoyed some of the witty responses that you guys came up with.

Congrats to all of our October winners!

- The Lounge Mod team x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Diplomat
post Nov 1 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #2
Life is too short for shade.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Well done the winners, especially ultraviolence with sparking the rave.dj craze on Buzzjack biggrin.gif and LexC with the more serious thread about gender. Commonsense misses out though, out of the normal non moderator members he has been brill on the lounge this month with his excellent food threads and the joke thread sad.gif

This post has been edited by diplomapedVop: Nov 1 2017, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Nov 1 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

yass this month has been pretty great in terms of lounge thread quality cheer.gif

We felt that it was getting hard to distinguish between 'best contribution' and 'best thread' so we are scrapping the former category and widening the latter category. It made sense when the list was always so long for thread nominations but it was harder to find things appropriate for contribution. So now we will have best poster and a top 3 for threads!
perhaps we could have a Best Reply to a thread award? or smt idk laugh.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Nov 1 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Oh my! Thanks Lounge mods ohmy.gif I don't know what happened to me this month, I tried to count how many threads I created this month (I wanted to use the search function on my profile but the flood control got in the way lol) and couldn't even keep up! Personally for me, I think the birthday guessing thread was the most fun :')

I knew Ultra would win best thread for rave.dj and I did also have a feeling that LexC would get recognition for the thought-provoking and raw gender thread! Good choices <3

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Nov 1 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #5
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(spapedVop @ Nov 1 2017, 08:38 PM) *
yass this month has been pretty great in terms of lounge thread quality cheer.gif

perhaps we could have a Best Reply to a thread award? or smt idk laugh.gif

Funniest Reply tbh. Although bit unfair as my 3 posts a month should ensure my win

+Quote Post
burbe
post Nov 1 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #6
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Unexpected shoutout ohmy.gif Thanks *.*

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 2 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #7
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats guys, all well deserved! cheer.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:53 AM