BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Worst dates?, probably first dates x
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Nov 2 2017, 02:26 AM
Post #1
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

We were talking in a group chat earlier and this came up as a topic, i thought this might be a fun thread to share an embarrassing story or two laugh.gif

Personally I have two I'd consider as worst, the first was when I was like 17, a guy I'd be talking to for a while came over to mine because we were both like we're poor let's just watch TV. It was fine at first but my foster mum was a bit awks, I was newly out at that point but pretended he was a friend from school rather than a guy laugh.gif He pros felt a bit weird that she was a bit ott, but we watched Modern Family and got some snacks from Tesco Express, goals x It was just really awkward and all the fun and laughs he was via text were gone and it felt like slowly he was less and less interested in who I was for whatever reason, afer he went home that day he blocked me on everything and never spoke to me again and I was knocked by that and didn't use Grindr, Tinder etc for months after out of fear that would happen again drama.gif

The other is the absolute worst I'd say, we went to this kind of pub/bar thing for a couple of drinks but when I offered to get him one he didn't want one and was very insistent, so I just sat there with a cider and he barely talked at all, and like of course I tried but there was only so much that I could do to force a conversation like getting blood out of a stone and getting "mmm" "yeah" back, and it was only like 30-40 minutes in, so I really needed a way to get out. This was AWFUL but I got my best friend/housemate to fake an emergency that he'd had a massive argument with his girlfriend and was proper raging, I put on Oscar worthy performance that I had to go and see if he was alright because they're a bit explosive, so I could leave after like an hour drama.gif Honestly though I can't describe how awkward it was and how infuriating that it was like talking to a brick wall when I am already a bit of an anxious and nervous person with new people. So I would understand if he was like "sorry I'm nervous" as I said, but he seemed completely disinterested and done with it all irl despite being really keen, chatty and open before that :/

I can only imagne some of you have some CORKERS, in fact I know some of you do, mine aren't the best so get sharing :kink;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 2 2017, 02:29 AM
Post #2
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Define date

Tbh I just wanted to see Moana

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 2 2017, 02:38 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

The only date I went on pre-Brade was fairly pleasant at Nando's, all I had was garlic bread though laugh.gif so I got nothing. Unless a Binweevils 'date' when I was about 12 counts. Some guy called Johnny asked me (he knew me as Emma as my username was EmmaBuntonFan looool) to be his Binweevils girlfriend and we played racing games on the site (romantic) and then he took me back to his 'nest' for a date and told me to jump up and down on this cartoon bed (!!) with him as if to insinuate something lewd. I thought that was weird so I just left and then he never came back online after a couple of days, oops. Who said romance was dead x

Omgggg at that story though Liam rotf.gif excuse goals.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 2 2017, 02:46 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Funnily enough I've only ever been on good dates, all during this year :') #latebloomer. Two people. It didn't work out with the first one after a while tho cos idk, and I'm still with the 2nd one. <3

oops Jade saw the second part already :')

This post has been edited by M.: Nov 2 2017, 02:51 AM

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 2 2017, 02:52 AM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Mwhahahaha x (my lips are sealed dw)

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 2 2017, 02:53 AM
Post #6
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(M. @ Nov 2 2017, 02:46 AM) *
Funnily enough I've only ever been on good dates, all during this year :') #latebloomer. Two people. It didn't work out with the first one after a while tho cos idk, and I'm still with the 2nd one. <3

oops Jade saw the second part already :')
I did as well magic.gif however Iím not staying quiet about it ohmy.gif :devil: jk

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 2 2017, 02:55 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

~

(last edit for the year x)

This post has been edited by M.: Nov 2 2017, 02:59 AM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 2 2017, 03:01 AM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

ffs I just missed it </3 lol

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 2 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(spapedVop @ Nov 2 2017, 03:01 AM) *
ffs I just missed it </3 lol

like I don't particularly mind talking about it but it's just a lil weird lmao~

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 2 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

I saw that one as well Mattress x

Somewhat on topic, both of the first two Brade date activities are usually ones that are supposed to be avoided so early on. #1 was coming to my house and #2 was eating messy food, namely spaghetti bolognese (a candid pic of me about to eat that meal exists). Brave times.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 2 2017, 03:08 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

delete me omg

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 2 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Jade @ Nov 2 2017, 03:06 AM) *
I saw that one as well Mattress x

Somewhat on topic, both of the first two Brade date activities are usually ones that are supposed to be avoided so early on. #1 was coming to my house and #2 was eating messy food, namely spaghetti bolognese (a candid pic of me about to eat that meal exists). Brave times.

Omg I like my/their house for first bc it's like you can play PS4 or watch TV or sth that doesn't HAVE to involve just talking if it's really awkward, and like whatever is on the TV or you're doing can flare up convo whereas like going to eat or for drinks you can be like "this wine is nice" "I wish I got chicken" if it gets awkward laugh.gif Idk it can depend on the person though as ofc I just shared a bit of an eek coming to mine story...

Messy food though NO, I avoided getting spaghetti at Prezzo today and that was with my best friends laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 2 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Do you guys have Costa in the UK? unsure.gif I'm having a mind blank, I'm pretty sure you do though, I literally feel like mdh has mentioned it before, to be oddly specific lol

That's where I went on my first proper date. It was the first time I've met up with someone from an app so it was a bit strange at first but I'm so proud of myself cos I wasn't even rly a bag of nerves! I feel like it's fairly easy for me to be open with ppl in real life (it helps that I'm just so f***ing HONEST lol) if I've already built up a connection with them online. Same thing happened with who I'm with now, we met after about a week-long chat on an app, then went for a random stroll around town (and well, Jade / Spadam saw the rest smile.gif). I brought him some random fizzy drink and everything (I have no idea if ppl ever bring each other gifts on app meets lmaooo but I'm nice) and it was just instant click! My life pretty much changed <3

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Nov 2 2017, 07:55 AM
Post #14
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

My worst date happened earlier this year, when I agreed to go on a date to Starbucks at Boucher. However, I went to the Starbucks at Botanic instead, so was never going to salvage anything from that. When we eventually did meet up, she spent the whole time telling me how much she didn't like the company I worked for. Needless to say, I nevef saw her again.

+Quote Post
JingleBellJupes
post Nov 2 2017, 08:47 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

There is Costa smile.gif

I feel like people don't chat on so many apps and sites any more as they've become increasingly infested by people with a very particular idea of who they want to meet, and/or people who don't want to date at all but are still using *sigh* the dating apps to find hookups. There are apps for that too, y'know! -__-

Bad dates, I feel like I've had a few. I know recently we both arrived, neither liked the look of the other in person and mutually decided to leave! That was almost an oddly positive experience though, at least we could be honest about it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:18 PM