BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie News & Box Office: November, Female team-up Marvel movie?!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh-tice League
post Nov 2 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Indiewire have reported that Tessa Thompson, Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan and Zoe Saldana have discussed an all-female superhero film to Kevin Feige, the big boss of the MCU. How exciting would this be if it actually came to fruition!?!?! *.*

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/tessa-tho...vie-1201893151/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Nov 2 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

Would love that to happen, but I need it to be naturally done and not just thrown together for the sake of it being thrown together!

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Sunday, 07:37 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

I've been wondering this for a while and it might seem like a silly question but is the Box Office chart a list of the films that were the most watched at cinemas in a week/weekend? I know it's ranked in order of how much money each film makes per week/weekend but not all cinemas charge the same prices for films so could it be possible that a #1 Box Office film was not the film that had the most number of customers watching it?

For example with the Official music Chart during the days when it was a sales only based chart you would know which songs were the most purchased per week by their rankings.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Sunday, 07:52 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Houdini @ Nov 12 2017, 07:37 PM) *
I know it's ranked in order of how much money each film makes per week/weekend but not all cinemas charge the same prices for films so could it be possible that a #1 Box Office film was not the film that had the most number of customers watching it?

In theory, yes I would assume that could happen with films shown in 3D/Imax/D-Box etc. having an advantage due to ticket prices being higher for those formats.

On a similar note, I've long wondered how Cineworld Unlimited/Odeon Limitless customers count towards the box office, if they do at all? Being an Unlimited subscriber, my ticket always shows the price as being 0

There's also the issue of films sometimes being measured over a different number of days if they have previews \_(ツ)_/ (especially if they are weekend 'advance showings' and the money taken is just held over to the following weekend laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:43 AM