BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie News & Box Office: November, Female team-up Marvel movie?!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 2 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Indiewire have reported that Tessa Thompson, Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan and Zoe Saldana have discussed an all-female superhero film to Kevin Feige, the big boss of the MCU. How exciting would this be if it actually came to fruition!?!?! *.*

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/tessa-tho...vie-1201893151/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Nov 2 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

Would love that to happen, but I need it to be naturally done and not just thrown together for the sake of it being thrown together!

+Quote Post
Evil Houdini
post Nov 12 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #3
2017 Worst Of Buzzjack Heavyweight Champion Of The World
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

I've been wondering this for a while and it might seem like a silly question but is the Box Office chart a list of the films that were the most watched at cinemas in a week/weekend? I know it's ranked in order of how much money each film makes per week/weekend but not all cinemas charge the same prices for films so could it be possible that a #1 Box Office film was not the film that had the most number of customers watching it?

For example with the Official music Chart during the days when it was a sales only based chart you would know which songs were the most purchased per week by their rankings.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 12 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Houdini @ Nov 12 2017, 07:37 PM) *
I know it's ranked in order of how much money each film makes per week/weekend but not all cinemas charge the same prices for films so could it be possible that a #1 Box Office film was not the film that had the most number of customers watching it?

In theory, yes I would assume that could happen with films shown in 3D/Imax/D-Box etc. having an advantage due to ticket prices being higher for those formats.

On a similar note, I've long wondered how Cineworld Unlimited/Odeon Limitless customers count towards the box office, if they do at all? Being an Unlimited subscriber, my ticket always shows the price as being 0

There's also the issue of films sometimes being measured over a different number of days if they have previews \_(ツ)_/ (especially if they are weekend 'advance showings' and the money taken is just held over to the following weekend laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Nov 19 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #5
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Justice League missed the $100m mark on opening weekend in America. Eek that's actually horrendous. Wonder also broke out with nearly a $30m opening!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 22 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #6
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Dreadful for Justice League in the US - can't believe that it's the first proper team-up movie and has the lowest opening yet for any DCEU movie! laugh.gif

In Marvel news, Jude Law is confirmed to be playing the male lead alongside Brie Larson in 'Captain Marvel' - loving this career resurgence for him with his recent Dumbledore casting news too *.*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 09:22 AM