BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Songs that hit you
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sqntq Clqus
post Nov 12 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Emotionally, not physically tongue.gif

Are there any songs which make you very emotional? Perhaps you can relate to it a lot, or just simply that you can understand the topic of the song, or what the artist is going through, etc....

For me, it’s this one by Ellie Goulding. It’s just so... idk.. chilling. It’s so beautiful.

Another one is Imaginary Friend by Tove Lo. Again, it just feels like a sad song with a good beat. I’m not sure whether or not it was supposed to be a sad song. It may just be me, but I vaguely remember someone in the Lady Wood thread agreeing with me last year.

There’s no official audio for Imaginary Friend, so I have included a live version. I recommend listening to the official audio.

How about you?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Nov 12 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

Mine was always 'With You' from Ghost (before it became a reality tv staple...) The lyrics are beautiful and the vocals are chilling.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 12 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

01) Samuel Barber - 'Adagio For Strings' - This absolutely beautiful classical piece was played at the beginning of my great grandad's funeral, so I have to really hold it in to avoid welling up a bit every time I hear it now.

02) Ellie Goulding - 'Army' - Yep an Ellie song for me too! This just reminds me of the very early days of my relationship, when I was beginning to learn about the difficult aspects of a long distance relationship. It had just come out and the nature of the lyrics would really hit me when we were missing each other. Even now, every time I hear 'Army' it transports me back to those early Brade days when it was on 4music all the time and still makes me a bit emotional.

03) James Morrison - 'I Won't Let You Go' - This came on in the car when my parents were on the way back from their last ever trip to the vets with my old cat Daisy </3 my dad told me about it and just imagining my parents having to hear that straight after my cat was put down (whom we all loved very dearly) makes me feel so sad.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 12 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Ellie Goulding anything could happen is my EG song to add to the pile!

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 12 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Also bad romance because the sheer perfection of the middle 8

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Nov 12 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lotita @ Nov 12 2017, 07:06 PM) *
Ellie Goulding anything could happen is my EG song to add to the pile!

Anything Could Happen is such a powerful song. It was one of her ‘moments’.

+Quote Post
Snowblake
post Nov 12 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Dream Theater - Far From Heaven. The music is really petty, but the lyrics are what hit really hard here. Also the performance, that voice crack kills me almost every time. I literally can't listen to this song if I'm sad, or I WILL start crying.

Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2 in c-minor - II. Adagio sostenuto. I can't even make it past the first chord. Seriously, this one of those pieces of music that almost always makes me cry. Honorable mention to the other two movements and his 3rd Piano Concerto.

Beethoven - Symphony No. 7 in A-major - II. Allegretto. I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING

Orphaned Land - Brother. Why do metal bands write the best sad songs? Seriously.

Neal Morse - It's All I Can Do. The lyrics combined with the slow, almost sighing pace of the music gets me every time.

Now I'm sad.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Nov 12 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I think seeing songs performed live can make a lot of difference in how a song impacts you.

For me, I am emotionally shook by MKS performing Stronger. It was the whole package that makes it emotional for me. The song, the girls, the lyrics and then the response of the room to it and to being at their comeback headline show. Super special.

I f***ing love music because it can have an impact on you in so many different ways.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Nov 12 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #9
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Last Hope by Paramore still, same with 26 (even tho I'm not 26). Both of those songs are about sticking to your dreams, remembering what got you so far in the first place etc even when everything else seems to have fallen to shit and I can't count the amount of times I've needed these types of songs, Paramore have more than just those two as well, especially on their self titled and after laughter records which is why I think I love them so much because I can relate.to Hayleys lyrics and overall view points so so much in comparison to any other artist.

There's a lot of Pvris songs too but I find myself relating to parts of them rather than entire songs, like on Separate I always think about the "there's always been a disconnect running from my heart to my head and it's never made much sense" part because honestly SAME but that song in its broader sense is about loving a person so much that the feel as though they're part of you and that's missing when they're gone etc (i think, from what I gather) which isn't something I can really say myself laugh.gif basically with Pvris songs, I think Lynn captures feeling extremely depressed and out of place and all of those sort of feelings well, which is usually what hits me. Half is one that comes to mind immediately.

Everything by MUNA too.

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Nov 12 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

My go-to answer for this is always 'Exchange' by Bryson Tiller... just connects with me very deeply and puts into words my own emotions better than I ever could.

'iLL Manors' by Plan B hit me hard when it was released.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 12 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Definitely my top pick, possibly my favourite song ever and it just hits me EVERY time. "Time won't fly it's like Im paralyzed by it, I tried to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it" and "you call me up again just to break me like a promise, so causally cruel in the name of being honest" are two of my favourite couplets ever. This song is every reason why she is a genius songwriter, and her vocal is absolutely perfect for bringing everything out of it wub.gif

I mean it's about a 4 year old who died of cancer, self explanatory. i don't listen to it anywhere near as much as I would normally with a song I love this much, becaus it makes me weep every time </3 The way she wrote the song from blog posts his mother has made makes me feel so pesonal to the situation and fittingly tragic sad.gif

Written at her absolute lowest and you can feel it poured into every word. For someone with such a powerful voice, Kelly is perfect at emoting with such a tender and haunting vocal as well.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Nov 13 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #12
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I would have to say I Hope You Find It by Cher because she was performing it on X Factor when my dad told me my Great Grandma passed away after a battle from Cancer, when I hear it now it still gets to me a little bit because I relate the situation to the lyrics of the song.

Also not a personal experience but Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette, Wicked Games by Chris Isaak, Ed Sheran's Give Me Love, My Immortal by Evanescence and Ellie Goulding's I Know You Care all up there too.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Nov 13 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #13
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

YES TO IRVINE BY KELLY CLARKSON.

Nothing else compares for me, emotionally.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Nov 13 2017, 02:26 AM
Post #14
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

Too many to list but 'I Bet My Life' by Imagine Dragons is a big one for me, it didn't click at all until my brother got seriously ill and I heard it on the radio on the way to the hospital. Really put the lyrics into context and came at a time I needed it most.

A couple of Dierks songs too, 'Every Mile A Memory' and 'I Hold On' are both very nostalgic and heartfelt; the former really hit me when I heard it live.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:37 PM