BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you had a YouTube channel..., would u put more cat videos out there
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Nov 13 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

...what kind of content would you put out there?

Hypothetically, you have the confidence to put content out there and now have a blank canvas of a channel. How would you use this? there's a whole world of content out there from cat videos, sketches, rants about topical subjects, doing random challenges, gaming, vlogs... you name it. If you have never thought about this before then consider your general interests and the type of content that interests you on YouTube.

~~~

Personally if I had the confidence, I think I would go down the 'lifestyle' route of chatty videos about general topics I am familiar with to open up discussions. A video version of my Lounge Mod role in a way lmao. Maybe advice type videos for situations I have gone through as well that people, maybe younger, could take something helpful away from. Music stuff would probably end up in there too like my vinyl collection / a weekly or monthly round-up of my musical faves. Then perhaps vlogs if interesting things were happening in my life. So yes, lifestyle and music really. Maybe a dollop of cats.

I used to run a somewhat successful blog (e.g. I used to get a fair amount of comments on every post and stuff sent to me by some companies) that was kinda Zoella-esque with lifestyle, fashion and beauty posts but my interest in the latter two topics has waned significantly since then. My fashion sense is basically 90% black clothes now. So this answer is definitely different now to what it would've been a few years ago. I don't think I'd be any good at creating sketches and I wouldn't really get much enjoyment out of doing random challenges, like the chubby bunny one or something lmao. I definitely think a good area for me would be friendly, relaxing chatty videos as if I was talking to somebody I knew and music 'cause obviously it's my main passion. If my content turned out to be awful then I guess I'd just have to charm the world with my British accent.

What about you guys? ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Nov 13 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #2
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

I think we all know what I’d talk about.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 13 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #3
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think mine would primarily be reviews of like bands, albums, gigs, music videos etc that are to my taste, I'd probs do the odd rant about something else though or it might just be like whatever is on my Tumblr but in video form laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 13 2017, 01:11 AM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'd love to be a gaming Youtuber, I wouldn't limit myself to one type (like some people just do Pokemon, I'd get bored of that), I'd maybe do like Pokemon when new games come out and then focus on PS4 stuff in the mean time. Maybe I'd review or rant about like X Factor or BB but I think gaming would be much more popular and fun.

+Quote Post
Agent Cody Banks
post Nov 13 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #5
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

There was a period back a couple years ago when I posted mashups on SoundCloud so maybe my YT channel could focus on that? Bypassing the copyright will be a problem though.

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Nov 13 2017, 01:56 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I actually do have a YouTube channel! (#ShamelessPlug) Everything I post on there is music-based in some way. I should probably post more on there, but actually making videos takes forever.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Monday, 02:34 AM
Post #7
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I'd probably just use it to document stuff from my everyday life, because I'd enjoy watching them back 5-10 years later and probably even more in later decades if YouTube is still in existence then.

A musical round-up is a good idea too so I could remember exactly what I was digging each week/month or so. It'd be like listening to old chart shows which I love to do. Also, knowing me I'd probably do restaurant reviews because I'm always finding new places to eat and giving recommendations to people!

+Quote Post
HarryApa
post Monday, 09:03 AM
Post #8
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I'd love to do gaming content mixed with film and music reviews

+Quote Post
M.
post Monday, 05:06 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I had a Youtube channel years ago (I mean I still do but nowadays it just has some songs I uploaded back then, the highest viewed ones have just over 150,000 views), it wasn't that great really I'd say. I did some album review content (and one where I criticized one of my own reviews lmao, that was actually fun), as well as some video art and at least one where I just had a topic in mind that I had been thinking about and wanted to get out. I also did some for a bit where I read out excerpts from old journals I had written as a child! That was cringy as f***, not sure why I went there laugh.gif

I've always been into messing around with cameras and expressing myself that way, so I wouldn't exactly be opposed to starting a channel up again. I'd say these days it would probably contain some thoughts about psychology / Myers-Briggs etc, general thoughts I have throughout my day, and maybe some more album reviews like I used to do. And...well, anything really. Not sure I'd have the confidence to do it again though.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Monday, 05:24 PM
Post #10
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I do produce "content" for my Youtube channels, occasionally, I have a nightcore channel with a fair amount of subscribers that I have done 'creative' mixes in the past for, and I have a gaming sidearm channel, which I have uploaded one video for. That recording session taught me a few things about proper Youtube content, it's hard as hell to keep up a recording voice and my internet is not fast enough to support regular uploads.

All restrictions out of the window, I'd talk gaming content for my strategy games and really analyse all I can out of those, that's what I look for in gaming channels. I'd also talk about analysing anime shows, what's good/bad about the things I like from that world and use the excuse to decorate my channel in pretty anime graphics. And finally, I'd have some fun graphics to accompany an ongoing history series that educates people about the past, all areas, all nations, all topics. So, kind of like an Arumba/Mother's Basement/CrashCourseHistory combination - not that that'd ever get a sustainable audience because the business model doesn't let you diversify that much but this would never be about the money if I had the resources to make all of that.

Plot twist though, when I'm at home, I do all of that on my blog anyway - just in written format, and it doesn't really lose much from being written, there are ways to share content that don't rely on Youtube videos.

+Quote Post
danVember
post Monday, 06:04 PM
Post #11
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Here's mine which I've just renamed from DanPlays to DanPiano as I just realised DanPlays makes me sound like a Let's Play channel oops. My uploads are very sporadic and I have the massive number of 11 subscribers. Nearly have four vids with 100+ views too, just need two more on my 'Life On Mars' cover /plug.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Monday, 06:06 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I have a YouTube channel and my most popular video has 1.9m views! It’s all music on there some are my gig recordings and some are leaked tracks. The Lily Allen track “Everyone’s At It” is my 1.9m view video. I have around 400 subscribers which isn’t bad given I’ve never attempted to cultivate it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:12 AM