BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greatest Hits 2018 and full World Tour 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post Nov 13 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,950
   No Gallery Pics

I didn't know if this was in another topic so have started a new one.

The reaction all round to their tour in Australia (two shows in) and the shows coming up in New Zealand and Israel has been so positive and well received! From first two shows in Australia glowing reviews including some 5/5's from Aussie publications!!!
They are being well received for playing the hits familiar to the Aussie audience alongside the lesser known newer material for the audience. Those songs are also going down well with the crowds and getting some exposure. The audiences are really thankful they have come to their country and seen them. The arenas look packed from what I've seen online.

This article gives some great information about their future plans including touring in North/South America, Canada and possibly Australia again in 2019. I think this is great and a no brainer now for them as they have seen first hand the joy and reaction of touring further afield for foreign fans. It's also converting some previously passive bystanders into fans so going and touring these places is a win win for the group as long as the show is good which we all know it always is.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music...f1e5f369d75489b

This is the setlist for the Australian shows (am guessing it'll be the same for the New Zealand shows) In brackets is the Australian peak for that song.

1. Shine
2. Greatest Day
3. Get Ready for It
4. Giants
5. Hold Up a Light
6. Patience (29)
7. Pray (10)
8. The Garden
9. Up All Night
10. Said It All
11. Babe
12. A Million Love Songs
13. Everything Changes (58) / It Only Takes a Minute
14. Could It Be Magic (30)
15. How Deep Is Your Love? (12)
16. Relight My Fire (33)
17. The Flood
18. Cry
19. These Days
20. Back for Good (1)
21. Rule the World
22. Never Forget (12)

They had two other songs chart in Australian top 100 Love Ain't Here Anymore (38) and Sure (31).

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Nov 13 2017, 07:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 14 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The set list for the Australian/ New Zealand is extremely song. They are very lucky audiences, although i would like to replace How Deep Is Your Love with something else, it makes sense for them to perform it as it is one of their highest charting singles in those territories.

+Quote Post
nirvanamusic
post Nov 14 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

I agree however How Deep Is Your Love is a must for global touring as the song charted high on every continent in the World especially South America and Africa (if they go there) and remains their second biggest single after Back For Good worldwide. The song was #1 in Israel (4 weeks) along with Relight My Fire (2 weeks) and Back For Good (1 week) as well so will need to remain included for the Israel show too along with Love Ain't Here Anymore a top 10 hit.

I think the setlist for the Israel show will be a greatest hits also as a first ever show there. The top 10's they had in Israel in the 90's were Could It Be Magic, Pray, Relight My Fire, Babe, Everything Changes, Love Ain't Here Anymore, Back For Good and How Deep Is Your Love. I know Patience and Rule The World were hits in Israel however am unsure of other reunion songs.
They were more popular in Israel than Australia/New Zealand so as a first time ever concert that is why there is so much buzz and joy around them going there. The same with fans hearing they may be going to North/South America and Africa despite them having had less hits there. I know Patience again did well in Canada and South America though unsure about Africa. I think Shine and Rule The World were the bigger hits in Africa than Patience.

In terms of global hits covering each and every continent Pray achieved this in 93/94 (Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Australia) and then again in 96 when released after Back For Good and before How Deep Is Your Love for the remaining continents North/South America where it also became a hit.
Back For Good, Never Forget and How Deep Is Your Love from first time around were all songs successful worldwide in North/South America and Africa as well as the usual Asia, Europe Middle East and Australia continents who had all been consistently giving chart hits to the group since the Everything Changes era at the bare minimum.

REST OF CURRENT TOUR

In terms of the rest of the tour the chart hits where known are as follows. The other songs added are made up from ITunes best sellers and the songs featured in the TV adverts promoting those concerts indicating the song's previous popularity in that country.

For Israel, New Zealand and UAE they read like this: In brackets the chart peak.

Israel (Top 30): Could It Be Magic (6), Why Can't I Wake Up With You (20), Pray (2), Relight My Fire (1), Babe (4), Everything Changes (9), Love Ain't Here Anymore (9), Sure (14), Back For Good (1), How Deep Is Your Love (1), Patience and Rule The World.

Never Forget was likely a hit judging by chart pattern though as of yet not found however it didn't reach #1 though. The #1 in Israel during August 1995 was 'Stars' by Dubstar.

New Zealand (Top 50): Back For Good (6), How Deep Is Your Love, Patience, Shine, Rule the World, Greatest Day, The Flood, Love Love, When We Were Young and These Days.

UAE: Could It Be Magic, Relight My Fire, Everything Changes, Back For Good, Never Forget, Patience, Shine, Rule The World, Greatest Day and These Days.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Thursday, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Friday, 01:54 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

The tour seems to have got a great reception in Australia.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Monday, 09:06 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

One thing Take That can never be criticized for is putting on a great show. I have no doubts Australian fans will have loved the tour as much as us if not more as they don't get to see them as much.

+Quote Post
jay727
post Monday, 09:50 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 12,273
   No Gallery Pics

Im so pleased for Aussie and Kiwi fans that theyve gone out to play those venues, the fans deserve to see them playing locally and theyve always had a strong following out there.

Id love the US dates to happen, but Im not sure...feels like they dipped their toe into the water with James Corden but nothing really happened chartwise. Did Giants and Wonderland appear in the lower reaches of the US?

+Quote Post
nirvanamusic
post Monday, 11:18 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Climber
   No Gallery Pics

Giants didn't appear anywhere on US iTunes top 200. For that to happen they need radio play and repeat day time slots over weeks not late night which has far less power and influence.

The week of Wonderland album release from memory I think the album got to around 115 highest peak on USA itunes and in Canada highest peak was #38/40 for a day. The number fell by end of the week however as was very front loaded in those nations. It did however show there is a core fanbase there.
The album didn't chart anywhere on Billboard 200/Canadian albums top 100 as in order for that to happen it would have had to have been top 40 on iTunes at least all week mixed in with high streaming and physical sales also.
I believe in America it was only a digital release (which considering it was only in 2012 possibly even 2014 when their reunion albums were finally put onto the US iTunes for once an album was available for American fans like rest of the world) on iTunes and no physicals.

I think for them social media is a better tool of judging where to tour especially countries they didn't do masses of promotion/touring first time around like Canada/US etc which naturally means they won't have the same chart presence as they do in Europe and Asia second time around. They are starting where they left off and in North/South America they disappeared as soon as they became a chart topping/one-two hit wonder because of this. The history isn't as long or as rich as it was in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and Africa meaning more promotion/touring would be needed in N/S America to remind the audience of their existence. That said Patience was a hit in Canada and South America so they must have been remembered to an extent and also the fact a great song which could be played on the radio helped.

In terms of African countries for anyone who's interested they are still popular in Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Egypt (very popular in 90's), Gambia, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa (very popular in 90's) and Swaziland. This is mainly North, East and Southern Africa though in Western Africa they were also very popular especially during Nobody Else Back For Good era and in parts Everything Changes era but haven't really caught on that side of continent since reunion.

On a separate note TT at time of writing haven't performed yet in New Zealand and Wonderland is at #9 on NZ iTunes if they can stay high on iTunes all week with no drop (preferably top 20) and have good streaming and physical sales they could chart in New Zealand.
A few years ago Huey Lewis and the News had an album re-peak at #8 in NZ after two shows there so hopefully fingers crossed the same could happen for TT even though iTunes influence in overall charts is waning.

In Australia the highest peak during the week on itunes was Take That: Greatest Hits #75 and Wonderland between #80 and #100 both were very up and down day to day however and didn't re-chart today in Australia top 100 however still some sales were generated and a lot more band awareness and identity in Australia.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Tuesday, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:42 AM