BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GIFT GIVING, *present emoji*
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klumzee
post Nov 14 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #1
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

It's been a while since I've made a topic hasn't it? ohmy.gif

Is anyone else absolutely awful at giving gifts - or receiving gifts for that matter? This has been inspired by my attempts/procrastination on buying a present for my Mum's birthday tomorrow and just ended up with me getting a card (with cute puppies tbf) and chocolates from Tesco just now. Should be all fine as I bought us tickets to see the Lion King for Christmas last year and that was so impressive from me I don't think the shock factor has worn off just yet fingers crossed! (and she's a lovely person so all should be good regardless laugh.gif)

I just feel a bit inadequate as I have a lot of love for a lot of people but I'm so incapable at showing appreciation through the art of gift giving and I want to get better at it as the Christmas season is approaching! I just have no creativity or any desire to go Christmas shopping unless it's for Christmas food which usually ends up in me getting more stuff for myself than anyone else! Maybe an odd sort of new years resolution perhaps? Anyone got any tips or should we just wallow in self-pity over how bad we are?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 14 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Welcome back to thread-creating Klum *.*

I feel like I have an initial panic of "oh gosh I have no idea what to get anyone" because everyone usually says "I don't know" when I ask them what they want laugh.gif so that's not helpful, but then I trawl around the shops or on the internet and always manage to pull something out of the bag that I'm happy with. My Christmas shopping (minus Bray's present, which was originally going to be a 21st birthday present) is on hold until December anyway so still a month to go until this next rush of gift giving initial panic.

Tips eh, as you used your mum in the OP, is she into beauty products at all? I usually get my mum some kind of beauty gift-set as part of her Christmas present, that's always a safe bet. Your very own example of chocolate can be a winner too though as she's always very happy to open Ferrero Rochers. When it comes to my family I try to incorporate their interests even vaguely if I'm stuck for unique ideas - my brother collects vinyl as well as me and has a PS4 for example, then my dad loves gardening and generally carrying out DIY tasks.

Some people truly have NO CLUE though. My brother asked me if I wanted Sam Smith's new album for Christmas the other day... Ryan, do you even know me?! drama.gif kink.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Saturday, 06:30 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I always think I'm bad at gift giving, but then people usually seem happy enough with my gifts so it may just be my mind. I must say I don't always particularly enjoy looking around for stuff for someone if I'm not really sure what I'd like to give them (or what they'd like) but I always find something okay anyway and there have been a few times I have been very happy with what I've given. Funnily enough, the most recent time I gifted someone something was when I sent a package to my sister for her bday which actually included, among other things, a CD discovered through you, OP! tongue.gif It was the self-titled Studio Killers album (you sent 'Jenny' to BJSC obviously) which is incredibleee and I really wanted to share it with my sister.

As for receiving gifts, I don't get particularly enthusiastic about it but I've received some fab ones over the years (and a few disappointments here and there probably kink.gif).

+Quote Post
D0bz
post Saturday, 06:33 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah terrible all round, no idea whatever to get anyone so either I ask in advance but then get the vague reply that I, myself would offer if someone asked me. Or I get something mainstream like chocolate, or basically anything that's the lower common denominator in the art of gift-giving.

As for receiving I never ever want anything specifically (or if I do I'll just buy it right here & now, not a kid gotta wait for the big day n'more tongue.gif), usually it's always cash or a gift card as I feel like there's a bit more thought in that.

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Saturday, 06:33 PM
Post #5
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

I don't give presents I just get them

+Quote Post
The Diplomat
post Saturday, 06:34 PM
Post #6
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RosaParksMyCar @ Nov 18 2017, 06:33 PM) *
I don't give presents I just get them

You just get your trusty friend Rosa to park your car, get the presents and move on?

This post has been edited by The Diplomat: Saturday, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Saturday, 06:37 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I just hate when someone asks for a ‘surprise’. My sister is notorious for it and always shows her disappointment if it’s shit.

Give me a list. I will get you something I know you want.

I also give out a list. Not a massive fan of surprises.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Saturday, 06:42 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I always try to do better than stuff like flowers, chocolate, a mug etc. but I do find a list or asking people is my main way of getting gifts, I occasionally get flashes of inspiration, but honestly I just prefer to get people something I know they'd want. I always give a list as well, surprises are nice but I don't expect people to go out of their way for them ;o I quite enjoy Secret Santa things as there's never massive expectations either way and you can actually get quite creative.

+Quote Post
M.
post Saturday, 06:44 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

can we do a BJSS kink.gif (Buzzjack Secret Santa) I've suggested it before kind of half-jokingly but I'd totally be up for it lmao. Could post pics of what we got etc.

Knowing me, I'd prolly blank out in terms of what to get though haha, depends on who I'd get I guess.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Saturday, 06:47 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Good idea!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:06 AM