BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plan The Rest of the Reputation Era
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraReputation
post Tuesday, 11:51 PM
Post #1
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

So what songs would you choose as future singles for this era and if you were Taylor, how would you plan the rest of this era?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Wednesday, 12:01 AM
Post #2
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

This is so hard tbh, but this is probs what I'd go for!

Single 3: End Game (ASAP) - released onto spotify/iTunes this week, X factor performance + video before end of year. Obvious choice for the next single and should be a massive smash!

Single 4: Dont Blame Me (late February '18) - started to be pushed with a brits performance, I really think if she performs this at the Brits it could be a massive moment for Taylor. I actually think this could become one of her longest running hits if she plays her cards right, I'm just not too sure if late February is feasible as EG could still be smashing then!

Single 5: Delicate (late May/early June '18) - pushed as single in late May as DBM dies down and video released in early/mid June. I can see this being a Style like hit with top 10 in America and this doing how Style would've done in the UK had it had streaming.

Single 6: I Did Something Bad (August '18) - premiered at VMA's with killer performance + an event video. Another big smash probably, can see this doing similarly to Bad Blood! If delicate underperforma, then this to be released with a remix.

Single 7: Getaway Car (November '18) - Promoted heavily at the end of year shows (e.g. X factor, AMA's etc) and can see this being a winter top 10 smash and doing similar to wildest dreams in America

Single 8: Call It What You Want (February '19) - obligation tour video that barely gets promoted kink.gif

I can see most of the songs working as singles tbh! Gorgeous could also be the obligational tour video track (though def not a proper single, if GC rly smashes CIWYW could be a proper single & then gorgeous ends era on tour video)
So It Goes is s definite no single wise for me, New Year's Day screams album track or ending the era track, Dress could be a risk that pays off but I personally wouldn't take it.
The only other song I'd have a single is this is why we can't have Nice Things but I feel the only place in this campaign that it'd work would be the May slot (or IDSB in May with TIWWCHNT in August) but I feel releasing those two songs back to back won't do Taylor much good! (Only other suggestion really is IDSB in Feb, DBM in May, TIWWCHNT in August but I prefer my other idea and think it'd be more successful!)

+Quote Post
Agent Cody Banks
post Wednesday, 02:30 AM
Post #3
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Ready For It is already set to pull an Unconditionally in US pop radio (though less so because of high competition and more because of songs falling like rocks *cough LOGIC cough*) and End Game is already taking off on its own. Mess. Thus I think it might end up going like this:

Single 3: End Game (December 2017/January 2018???) - they let Ready For It run its course in the US to help prep for year-end countdowns (Look had horrible longevity but she's already secured a place at the upper echelons with IDWLF), then End Game gets sent to radio around the first/second week of January. Aside: weird how it's going to be one year since Shape Of You was released. That becomes her first single of the era with longevity and sets her up for the next couple singles. Somehow sets up a iHeartRadio Music Awards performance just as it is about to exit its peak.

Singles 4-6 (???) will probably be decided through cherry picking once it gets released on Spotify. We know End Game will obviously be #1 but then I think it may be...

Single 4: I Did Something Bad (early May 2018) - has somehow already claimed some notoriety, gets released with a high budget video in the vein of RFI but somehow accomplishes that much better. Video release during BBMA time. Also acquires better longevity than her first two singles. Somehow releases a remix with Khalid.

Single 5: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (around August 2018) - a couple of Taylor's videos are nominated for VMA's so it's looking like a repeat of the Wildest Dreams release. Ends up being the TGIT Fall 2018 staple theme.

Single 6: Gorgeous/Getaway Car (around late October/early November, depends on when single #5 peaks) - one of them could be of perfect use for winter promo and setting up for the international leg of the tour + Grammy time? After that she'll probably take another break, tag herself on another feature, and then prep for whatever fresh hell she'll unleash in 2019.

No matter what songs get chosen as singles (hell, Dress could somehow pop up there), Team Swift cannot afford to make any mistakes here. This is already looking like it's going the way of Prism.

+Quote Post
John-James
post Wednesday, 08:50 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,665
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Nov 15 2017, 12:01 AM) *
This is so hard tbh, but this is probs what I'd go for!

Some great ideas, I'd agree with most of them! Although I think Delicate would work more towards the end of 2018 as it sounds perfect for the fall/winter.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:17 PM